Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jor-El in this show is a failure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot believe Clark was on ice for a month doing nothing. He could have trained instead of being grounded.

Comment

Exactly. Unless he doesn't realize yet that he had some training and it doesn't surface until later.

Comment

Originally posted by pacofajita
        I think Clark needs to go to the FOS and sit down and have a real conversation with Jor-El. No defensiveness. Just a straight out explanation for everything. But Clark is just so turned off by even the idea of talking to him.
        true but they won't do it that because they dont understand the father like figure the voic is supposed to be. hE IS SUPPOSED to bring guidance to Clark and yet he comes off as a tyrant because Al/Miles dont understand who the character is and his true significance. I'm disappointed with the character build of this show with exception of Lex. They got the villain right but the heroes all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pacofajita
          Super time out!
          LOL!

Hopefully it will turn out that Clark was actually learning something while encased in ice. Otherwise yeah... it's pretty pointless.

Comment

jor-el and clark are as bad as each other when it comes to discussing things

jor-el releases and instructs clark to defeat bizarro yet jor-el never says how to do it

later clark goes to find lionel (i know he was actually brainiac) jor-els assistant basically and asks lionel how to defeat bizarro lionel/brainiac instructs clark to use blue-k

why didnt jor-el simply tell clark this upon his release, not just let clark walk away from the fortress scratching his head

Comment

I was hoping that Jor-el froze Clark into the Fortress to force training on him. When he was let loose and no training given was evident, I was really dissapointed. All Jorel did was freeze Clark and stop him from saving or helping people that needed him.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                It made no sense that Jor-El trapped Clark in the FOS when Brainiac & Bizarro got loose.
                No, it really didn't.
                I thought maybe that would have had Jor-El training Clark or something, but he was just stuck there in the ice, frozen, not doing anything productive.
                For all the times Jor-El wants to train Clark, why wouldn't he have taken the opportunity to do so?

I was really hoping that Bizarro trapped Clark.
                That would have actually made more sense to me because it would have helped explain how Bizarro knew to take over Clark's life because he saw Clark all trapped in the ice.

But, then, they never explained how Bizarro got free from wherever Manhunter put him, so it's just another one of those things we just have to accept, which really stinks.

Comment

someone else mentioned the decision by jor-el to trap and then release clark, could have been expounded on , (they could have cut back on bizalana scenes to make up for Clark vs Jor-El interaction).
                  They just went too quickly over Jor-El decision and methodology to trap clark.

Comment

I dont care about Clark being traped in the FOS, but he should have been stuck in the training light beam, like the one when Chloe interrupted, I think it was in Arrival; what a bunch of wasted time.

Comment

If Jor-El wanted to punish Clark, he should have re-released Clark's Kal-El side and have him give Clark the long-deserved spanking/buttkicking instead and have that be the training. Though I would rather have that happen voluntarily with Clark's consent/initiation.
                      Releasing Kal-el would have been pointless.
                      Seeing as Jor-el had nothing to do with Bizarro's return, I suppose Jor-el wanted Clark to understand what would happen if he kept disobeying him. People would die, the world would turn to caos and probably all sort of aliens would try to rule it.
                      From what I understood, Jor-el wanted to keep Clark trapped in the FOS for quite a long time, but Bizarro showed up and he had to release Clark to take care of the threat. Because Jor-el sent Clark to Earth to save the planet from a destiny very similar to Krypton's (as Raya said in "Fallout") and Clark seemed more interested in being stubborn and pretending to make decisions based too much on his emotions (especially the most twisted ones).
                      Last edited by GuardianAngel; 02-01-2008, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I would love to see Kal-EL vs Bizarro, are you kidding me?
                        Evil Clark vs Evil Clark, nothing ....nothing would have been better for me.

Comment

Bizarro said to Brainiac when they first meet that his Martian friend took him prisoner. So it was Jor-el telling MM what to do not him acting on his own. Jor-el will never earn his son's trust that way.

Comment

Clark will never learn his lesson and accept his destiny as long as Lana is on the farm making him blueberry pancakes! The only wat it seems, for Clark to become Superman, is to have Lana take the nearest train to Shanghai....and saty there!!!

Comment

I liked the line "what are you going to lecture me to death" haha

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                                I would love to see Kal-EL vs Bizarro, are you kidding me?
                                Evil Clark vs Evil Clark, nothing ....nothing would have been better for me.
                                It would have been nice, but Kal-el's gone and Jor-el isn't going to bring him back. That part of CK's journey ended when the FOS was built and in the new one CK is supposed to make decisions based on his judgment and experience... unfortunately he seems to be a failure in this sense... unless the ice cube experience managed to teach him something. We'll have to see in the next episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎