and clana brings in ratings does it?.

Oh please....

Comment

• Originally posted by pyroseyes

Oh please....
      what?

Comment

• Originally posted by BadToad
        I have a suggestion....why don't posters stop telling people what they can, and cannot like, and what they can, or cannot comment on. Obviously, if you feel someone is unfairly bashing poor perfect Lana, who don't need to comment on the topic, right?

I'm a Clark fan, and there are constantly threads bashing Clark on this board. All the time! Such is life. I can argue against it, but I can't tell people they have no right to their opinions.

And last I noticed, there are a lot of threads about this episode on this board. And not every single one of them is about Lana. There are threads about Jor-El, threads about Lex, threads about Chlark.

Here are the facts, Lana was in this episode a lot. Lana's actions in this episode are definitely up for debate. Lana shared many of her scenes with the most prominent character, Clark, and the most prominent guest character, Bizarro. So, naturally, Lana's actions in this episode are going to come up for scrutiny. And whether one likes it or not, not every viewer is going to come away with the belief that the sun shines out of her backside.

If you are uncomfortable dealing with opinions other then your own group mind, a board that encourages and allows opinions of all variety to be posted is probably not going to be a comfortable place for you. IMO
        Thank you. You said it perfectly.

I happen to be one of those Clark/SV bashers on these boards and while I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinion, I can't stand it when people post in the same threads and insult me and ask me to stop commenting on it. I have my own opinion and I have a right to voice it here.

recently I had a poster say this to me

and by the things that you've said i can tell that you are one of those people who can never be satisfied. so there hasnt been anything wrong, YOU just dont like it, which is your own personal opinion and myself and others shouldnt have to listen to your non-stop complaining. Im sick of defending a show that shouldnt need not one ounce of defending.
        I really don't understand what posters like this one are trying to prove. Isn't that what these boards are for?? To discuss the show and allow everyone a chance to voice their opinion. It's true that those who don't agree with people critiquing "Clark's character/development" or "Smallville's quality" shouldn't have to listen to it and don't have to defend it. That's fine.

But I'm pretty sure any threads that I have posted my so called "complaining" in have been appropriate ones to do so in. I don't just go into any thread and start an argument with people about how the show sucks, but yeah...there are specific threads out there to discuss what we as the viewers aren't too happy with, and we have the right to. My question is, if you don't like reading complaints about Clark Kent's character WHY would you go into those threads?? Likewise, if you are a Lana fan and you don't like listening to posters complain about her character why would you post in a thread talking about her?? Or even if you didn't know and you read a couple posts...why would you stay in the thread?

We aren't actually forcing you to read our posts. So I do agree with those of you out there that "don't appreciate the complaining".

Guess what? You're right...."you shouldn't have to listen"....so don't. There are plenty of threads here where you can talk about how entertaining this show is, threads where you can talk about how much you love Clark, Lana etc.. And those of us that do the complaining are not asking you to defend the show/Clark/Lana. We simply want a place where we can meet and under common ground dicuss why we were "unhappy with Lana this episode" or "why we hate that Clark is so passive" or even "why we feel the show has gone down-hill".

There will always be those of you who don't agree with it, that's understandable, but unfortunately you can't change people so the best way to go is to just avoid the threads that upset you...

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by RepairmanBob
        I am a huge Chlark fan. That said, I would prefer to see Clark with Lois than Lana.

Or Lex.
        Or Ollie.
        Or BC.
        Or... well, anyone other than Lana, really.
        LOL....I couldn't have expressed my feelings better. Seriously. Anyone on the show but Lana.
        Last edited by SweetOne; 06-17-2008, 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Poor Lana, she really does get so much bashing during these mid season eps (Is it my imagination or did people start hating her more after the Bizarro incident?)
          I remember watching Persona and really being into the intensity that followed Clark and Lana..it was so interesting to wonder where they would go from here. And ultimately, we know their romance has now fizzled out, (though they'll probably always have feelings for one another, they won't be a couple again next season) so now we can see her move foward as a character and see what her future holds.

As a last thing on the Lana hating, remember...Lana was the one deceived for a month with Bizarro! (Can't blame her for being a bit well....confused). So she kind of deserves some slack which she does sort of get from Clark in Siren.

Comment

• poor clark
            lana destroyed his heart...

but there is lois

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡