Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atomic girl
    So disappointed they couldn't manage a trailer for next week's eppy. Makes it look like there isn't one and then it will get fewer viewers.....and what is the deal with a preview to "Jumper"...I want Smallville, that's why I tune in on Thursdays at 8pm......
    The trailer for Siren has been released, just FYI. Does suck they didn't promote it at the end of this week's episode, but at least it's out there.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
      The trailer for Siren has been released, just FYI. Does suck they didn't promote it at the end of this week's episode, but at least it's out there.
      That is whack! They ALWAYS have a trailer of the next week's episode if it is going to be a new one. Made me think there was some hokey schedule and next week's was a repeat and 'Siren' was the week after. It's even more unbelievable since next week's new episode features a DC future-Justice League member. They usually pimp the heck out of those.

I would say that the marketing department is getting lax with the Strike still going on, but Supernatural had a trailer for their new episode next week. (LOVE that show) It seems like they (the higher-ups) just aren't interested in Smallville anymore.

I did get to see it online though and I have a Nielsen box. I've only had it this year though.

Comment

It seems like they (the higher-ups) just aren't interested in Smallville anymore.
        Which is one of the most puzzling marketing strategies ever, given that Smallville is at times the most watched show on the network, and when it's not it's #2.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
          Which is one of the most puzzling marketing strategies ever, given that Smallville is at times the most watched show on the network, and when it's not it's #2.
          I know. For a show that's winding down, and by this I mean a show that doesn't have many seasons left, it's doing very well. Most shows that have been on this long, if they make it that long, don't do near as well.

Like I said above, it's even more puzzling since there are DC characters involved.

Comment

At least they advertised it more than any other show tonight during SmackDown.

I still can't understand why it wasn't promoted last night.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Atomic girl
            and what is the deal with a preview to "Jumper"...I want Smallville, that's why I tune in on Thursdays at 8pm......
            It's pretty much just a glorified commercial.
            Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 02-01-2008, 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm definately going to go ahead and blame this partially on the strike.
              I know myself, for one, have been losing interest in ANY show because of the strike. Plus, the whole maybe a season 8/maybe not/SV could end series finale on a cliffhanger is kind of a turn off. It's almost hard to tune in every week, since the show might just get dropped at season 7 and not have a proper ending.
              I'm not surprised the ratings have fallen. I'm actually surprised they're still so high.

Comment

I want to see the ratings for "Persona" once the 7 Day DVR playback numbers are added in. Once they're released, could someone please post them here (or in next week's ratings thread)?

Also, would anyone happen to have the Live+7 numbers for "Gemini"?

Comment

I wonder if TPTB pay attention to the ratings. Think mosts fans are tired of the Clana, being the main focus of the show. I know this one is.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                    I want to see the ratings for "Persona" once the 7 Day DVR playback numbers are added in. Once they're released, could someone please post them here (or in next week's ratings thread)?

Also, would anyone happen to have the Live+7 numbers for "Gemini"?
                    Here ya go:
                    Live + 7 Ratings gave Smallville a 16.5% increase, putting it at 4.046 mil. for "Gemini"

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                      Here ya go:
                      Live + 7 Ratings gave Smallville a 16.5% increase, putting it at 4.046 mil. for "Gemini"
                      Thanks! I'm guessing "Persona" will have over 4 million viewers too w/ the L+7.

Comment

^^ I agree, it should go up quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                          That is whack! They ALWAYS have a trailer of the next week's episode if it is going to be a new one.
                          No they don't. Most of the time yes, but always? No.

Comment

This is the first time (at least on the CW, I don't know about WB) they haven't shown a trailer when there's a new episode the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by pacofajita
                              No they don't. Most of the time yes, but always? No.
                              There must be something I'm forgetting then, because I remember always seeing a trailer for the episode next week if it was a new one. If next week's episode was a repeat, or there would be no new Smallville for a while then no, but if the following week there was a new episode then yes.

On my station anyway.

Comment

All the CW does is promote GG and it's getting rather annoying. They spend less money and effort on SV. Smallville is the only show that is actually keeping any viewers watching the network. SV has a big fan base and you'd think they'd spend time or effort on that a bit to show more trailers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎