No announcement yet.

Chapter 7: Nothing To Hide

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter 7: Nothing To Hide

We start this episode with no preamble, straight to the episode name and into the story. It’s nice to see a conversation between Peter and Charles Deveaux, even if it is a dream sequence. I was starting to think they’d cast this great actor only to have him lie motionless in a bed!

The Lyle storyline is hysterical! Nosey little brother. The chase through the front yard with all the neighbors watching is great, as is the idea to hide in the car forever. “I’m going to put this thing on YouTube and make like a million bucks!” “YouTube is free, you idiot!” Zach making matters worse is perfect teenage behavior, threatening to eat his brains.

And we’re back to Matt! Poor guy. Again, I understand the need to get rid of Janice and get him mobile so he can be a part of the larger story, and the reason they use for him is kind of perfect—what’s the worst thing that you wouldn’t want to find out from hearing your partner’s thoughts? That they’re cheating on you. Unfortunately, there was just an inexplicable cheese factor to this that I can’t put my finger on. Otherwise I like the entire idea.

We meet Heidi Petrelli! The poor wife Nathan has been cheating on. And it gets worse—the woman is paralyzed. And in non-shocking news, Angela Petrelli is still a b*tch. Moving on. Morning brunch is amusing from the get-go, and lo-and-behold, the wheelchair is all Nathan’s fault. What a prince. Peter is definitely the best part of this scene, showing up scrubby, mouthing off and hanging his family out to dry in front of the reporter… Fabulously dark-sheep moment, there, Pete. Way to go. The ‘race around the statue of liberty’ crack is also a nice moment. “Pretty special family. ” “You have no idea. ” And while I think Adrian overacts a little at the end of the scene, Milo does beautifully. Nice delivery on the entire cover-story he launches into. Good job.

Hello Ted Sprague! He’s not Sylar, but he is a problem. Indirectly the problem, but that’s for later… The burned set they made for Ted’s house is very cool. Kudos, set designers. Also nice when Matt can show up Audrey and head them in the right direction. Take that, detectives exam! And why doesn’t the nurse run out the door instead of calmly continuing her ministrations to Ted’s wife after he freely admits he killed someone recently? High tail it out of there, babe! Oh, wait, no, you’re going to place yourself on a silver platter labeled “hostage” and hand yourself to Ted. So smart.

The frozen explosion is cool! It’s also fun (and highly infuriating) that this group of heroes is together for a couple seconds on the side of the road and then everyone keeps right on going, never realizing who they were talking to.

Bits and Pieces:

* Do you suppose one of the audition requirements when they were casting Sandra Bennet was to ask the actress to let a Pomeranian lick her mouth? Because I think it happens in every episode she appears in.
    * I wanna know where the Petrelli family money comes from.
    * Great Micah/Ando moment: “Didn’t you visit my mom?”
    * Man, Nathan is sleazy. Lie, after lie, after lie, and finish with that politician’s smile. Eek, you’re just creepy.
    * How many feet away does Matt have to be to hear someone’s thoughts? What’s the max distance?
    * Great moment: when Peter finally gets to tell Nathan off for lying and cheating on Heidi. The shoulder push as he passes through the door beside him is well done.
    * The Nathan Who Cried Wolf: you lie one too many times, Nathan, and when you actually tell someone the truth about flying away from HRG, your own brother won’t believe you.
    * Micah has a power! And a cool, useful one at that. I also like that he knew immediately and matter-of-factly that he was not speaking to his mother on the phone.

Til next episode, or visit my website for ore reviews!
    GoldenGait
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎