Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

To keep a close eye on everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonChick
      Because Lex is all about power, and what could be more powerful than controlling the media, specially such a big newspaper?
      agreed... even in lois and clark lex had the daily planet as part of his empire at some point, although he bought it so he could blow it up and claim the insurance, as well as getting closer to lois in order to help her answer to his marriage proposal

Comment

Well it's pretty obvious why Lex bought the Daily Planet. This way he controls the flow of information. When you control the media you control A LOT! Plus there is the added bonus of not only protecting his operations but beefing up his own image so the public thinks he's a saint. Perhaps a prelude to a presidential campaign.

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely a power trip. And maybe he always planned to get rid of Julian (Grant) and wanted to make sure he could keep a lid on it.

Comment

so lex owns the DP now?

Comment

I put other because I think he did it for a multitude of reasons. Control of Grant, his stories being leaked, to keep an eye on Chloe and her power, thumb over Lois, and about everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuv180
                I put other because I think he did it for a multitude of reasons. Control of Grant, his stories being leaked, to keep an eye on Chloe and her power, thumb over Lois, and about everything else.
                yeah i will go with this

Comment

Power and control. Plain and simple..with owning the Daily Planet he (metaphorically speaking) owns the 'world' and can keep tabs on certain individuals (Lois and Chloe, for example). It all comes down to the balance of power.

Comment

So Julian doesn't go crazy on him and spill the beans.

"Let me live my life" -> Not on Lex's watch! No one's just allowed to "live free" when Lex Luthor is involved. 100 times more so because they know one of his secrets.

Comment

i think
                      Make sure nothing is let about any of his
                      Last edited by alejandrita439; 08-06-2008, 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎