Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will miss Linda Hamilton

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

linda imo is up there with arnold. was great in the movies & helped make the franchise what it is but she's not needed for the franchise to last or be good
    a walk on would be good & a nice nod to the show but id on't know about an arc or recurring role i think it would overshadow the other cast
    but if they do bring her own they need to wait & let lena get used to the role & the fans used to lena more or else the show may never live down the she rox!!!!!!!!! she sux!!!!!!!!! fight

Comment

In my opinon Linda hamilton is the only Sarah connor. The scene where she's got a broken ankle, shot through the thigh and stabbed in the shoulder twice while she's loading a shotgun with one hand and blowing away the T1000 with one hand is the scene that I thinks personifies Sarah Connor. Never giving up and fighting till the end.
      Last edited by jimmyolsenblues; 02-14-2008, 05:36 PM. Reason: copyrighted material video

Comment

In my opinon Linda hamilton is the only Sarah connor. The scene where she's got a broken ankle, shot through the thigh and stabbed in the shoulder twice while she's loading a shotgun with one hand and blowing away the T1000 with one hand is the scene that I thinks personifies Sarah Connor. Never giving up and fighting till the end.
        and that Sarah Connor would make for a very boring character in TV series. First off Linda is to old to be playing that role, second to bring her on as Sarah Connor would have cost them tons of money, third is that Linda was perfect for the movies but that doesn't mean she would be perfect for the series.

The reason why they Tone down Sarah in series compared to the movie, is because Sarah in the movie had become a little unhinged (which was purposely done for the movie) and had become a harden Soldier, she saw John not as her son but as the future for man kind. The character in T2 was set in stone, there was no way to really work with her and mold her. In Tv series you have 6 season at the very least to tell as story. You need to have room to breath with a character, to mold them, make them grow. This is impossable with T2 Sarah Connor (which Linda Hamilton was frigen awsome at, and I wouldn't want any one else to have played her in the movie.)

Her we have a new Sarah, one that is still a soldier, and maybe a bit unhinged, yet she doesn't just see John as the future of man kind, she see her son and has those motherly qaulitys still.

The point of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is about John told through the eye of Sarah Connor. Right now every one thinks the show is about her and in a way at the moment she is, because she is the leader at this moment. However as seasons progress that will change, John will at some point start showing those leadership Skills, we will see why he is the one that will lead the resistance. Now the fun part will be to watch as Sarah struggles to let go, to allow him to become the person he is supposed to become, to follow his lead. I mean think about it, if his own mother isn't willing to take orders from him then why should any one else, and this is something that she is going to have to learn.

Mark my words (if they keep the show on the air and are able to end the show with Judgement Day) we will see the show shift, from Sarah being the center point to John being the center point and Sarah being the follower. Thats what makes this so intresting and what will actually make the show last.

Comment

I liked Linda Hamilton. I think Lena needs to get her arms a bit more defined, but I like her in the role. She is almost too attractive though, her and John almost look like a couple sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiltak
            and that Sarah Connor would make for a very boring character in TV series. First off Linda is to old to be playing that role, second to bring her on as Sarah Connor would have cost them tons of money, third is that Linda was perfect for the movies but that doesn't mean she would be perfect for the series.

The reason why they Tone down Sarah in series compared to the movie, is because Sarah in the movie had become a little unhinged (which was purposely done for the movie) and had become a harden Soldier, she saw John not as her son but as the future for man kind. The character in T2 was set in stone, there was no way to really work with her and mold her. In Tv series you have 6 season at the very least to tell as story. You need to have room to breath with a character, to mold them, make them grow. This is impossable with T2 Sarah Connor (which Linda Hamilton was frigen awsome at, and I wouldn't want any one else to have played her in the movie.)

Her we have a new Sarah, one that is still a soldier, and maybe a bit unhinged, yet she doesn't just see John as the future of man kind, she see her son and has those motherly qaulitys still.

The point of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is about John told through the eye of Sarah Connor. Right now every one thinks the show is about her and in a way at the moment she is, because she is the leader at this moment. However as seasons progress that will change, John will at some point start showing those leadership Skills, we will see why he is the one that will lead the resistance. Now the fun part will be to watch as Sarah struggles to let go, to allow him to become the person he is supposed to become, to follow his lead. I mean think about it, if his own mother isn't willing to take orders from him then why should any one else, and this is something that she is going to have to learn.

Mark my words (if they keep the show on the air and are able to end the show with Judgement Day) we will see the show shift, from Sarah being the center point to John being the center point and Sarah being the follower. Thats what makes this so intresting and what will actually make the show last.
            I respect your opinon and it is certainly yours to have, but I disagree with it. This is supposed to be the story of Sarah, the real Sarah. The real Sarah was unhinged, she felt alone and crazy cause no one seemed to belive her. She never put john in normal school. The only time he went to normal school was when he was in foster care. I was hopeing this show would show why Sarah became unhinged, why she treated her son the way she did. The emotional turmoil she always seems to be in. Granted I agree that it would get exhausting to have the show at such a high intensity all the time. But it seems like they've tamed down her character to make other people feel more comfortable. But that wasn't the way she really was. She wasn't delicate or feminine, she never relaxed. Not that the tv version does but she seems way to emotionally stable and gentle around the edges. Always weighing the pro's and con's blah blah. I just think that if they want to tell her story, they shouldn't lose thier integrity. She was a warrior and a hero but she was also in extreem survival mode to the point of almost being crazy. She was awesome.
            That's my opinon.

Comment

Indulge me for a minute and let me take you back on the journey...

T1 Sarah was the real Sarah -- the Sarah before the weight of the world was dropped on her. She was a college student, a waitress, had a roommate, a boyfriend, a sense of humor even. She lived a very normal life. But extraordinary events changed her all that forever in a matter of about 2 days. She goes through a condensed process of disbelief, anger, acceptance and sheer determination to survive, finding an inner strength she didn't even know she had.

A few months after destroying the terminator, we see her in Mexico. She's lost her roommate, her mother and Kyle, and she's alone and pregnant. Even so, Sarah's not hardened or crazy, just "a little sad" and a little distant, as she starts a new life, off the grid, in preparation for the the birth of her son and the "storm" that's coming.

We get a very different Sarah in T2 -- one who's spent 11 years moving from place to place, learning, training, keeping her son safe. And there's the nuclear nightmares... She's haunted by visions of the future apocalypse and the life she never got a chance to have. This Sarah has lost her sense of self. She's so obsessed with her mission to protect her son that she's become emotionally disconnected from from him. She's cold and distant; not really much of a mother.

But everything changes for Sarah when she goes to kill Dyson. It's really only luck that prevents her from killing him initially. But when she goes inside to finish the job...

Sarah: "I'm not going to let you do it! I'm not going to let you do it!"
              Dyson: "What?"

She's about to execute an innocent man in front of his family -- in front of his wife and in front of his son. And he doesn't have a clue why. The reality of what she's about to do smacks her in the face and snaps her back from the brink. "I almost... I almost..." The emotions keep coming. "I love you John. I always have."

It's such a pivotal scene and it plays directly into the Sarah Connor we're seeing now in the show. Sarah doesn't go through an instant change after that, but it is a major turning point. And when Cyberdyne and the terminators are destroyed, she finally holds her son like a mother... "it's over."

Two years later, the series picks up and we once again see a different Sarah. She's trying to carry on a normal life with her son, but still struggling to let go of the past. She alternates between caring mother and fierce protector. We know she never fully lets her guard down (how could she after all those years?), but she's been living with the belief that she stopped Skynet. So she's more grounded because she's had time to actually live again.

This Sarah still has the the instincts and the skills -- we've already seen it: She didn't hesitate for a second to relocate when she sensed danger was looming. She was willing to put a bullet in her head to protect John. She prepared enough to hide guns in the wall and turn a chair into a bullet-proof shield. She can take a bullet and keep driving. She can mow down a terminator with a motorcycle. She can fight a man larger than herself. And she is willing to kill to save her son.

The big difference now is that she has the memory of her own insanity and that's not a road she wants to go back down. So she's struggling to find a balance between being a warrior and being a mother, questioning the thought of killing one to save many, and facing her own mortality.

Comment

Originally posted by allergygal
                Indulge me for a minute and let me take you back on the journey...

T1 Sarah was the real Sarah -- the Sarah before the weight of the world was dropped on her. She was a college student, a waitress, had a roommate, a boyfriend, a sense of humor even. She lived a very normal life. But extraordinary events changed her all that forever in a matter of about 2 days. She goes through a condensed process of disbelief, anger, acceptance and sheer determination to survive, finding an inner strength she didn't even know she had.

A few months after destroying the terminator, we see her in Mexico. She's lost her roommate, her mother and Kyle, and she's alone and pregnant. Even so, Sarah's not hardened or crazy, just "a little sad" and a little distant, as she starts a new life, off the grid, in preparation for the the birth of her son and the "storm" that's coming.

We get a very different Sarah in T2 -- one who's spent 11 years moving from place to place, learning, training, keeping her son safe. And there's the nuclear nightmares... She's haunted by visions of the future apocalypse and the life she never got a chance to have. This Sarah has lost her sense of self. She's so obsessed with her mission to protect her son that she's become emotionally disconnected from from him. She's cold and distant; not really much of a mother.

But everything changes for Sarah when she goes to kill Dyson. It's really only luck that prevents her from killing him initially. But when she goes inside to finish the job...

Sarah: "I'm not going to let you do it! I'm not going to let you do it!"
                Dyson: "What?"

She's about to execute an innocent man in front of his family -- in front of his wife and in front of his son. And he doesn't have a clue why. The reality of what she's about to do smacks her in the face and snaps her back from the brink. "I almost... I almost..." The emotions keep coming. "I love you John. I always have."

It's such a pivotal scene and it plays directly into the Sarah Connor we're seeing now in the show. Sarah doesn't go through an instant change after that, but it is a major turning point. And when Cyberdyne and the terminators are destroyed, she finally holds her son like a mother... "it's over."

Two years later, the series picks up and we once again see a different Sarah. She's trying to carry on a normal life with her son, but still struggling to let go of the past. She alternates between caring mother and fierce protector. We know she never fully lets her guard down (how could she after all those years?), but she's been living with the belief that she stopped Skynet. So she's more grounded because she's had time to actually live again.

This Sarah still has the the instincts and the skills -- we've already seen it: She didn't hesitate for a second to relocate when she sensed danger was looming. She was willing to put a bullet in her head to protect John. She prepared enough to hide guns in the wall and turn a chair into a bullet-proof shield. She can take a bullet and keep driving. She can mow down a terminator with a motorcycle. She can fight a man larger than herself. And she is willing to kill to save her son.

The big difference now is that she has the memory of her own insanity and that's not a road she wants to go back down. So she's struggling to find a balance between being a warrior and being a mother, questioning the thought of killing one to save many, and facing her own mortality.
                Wow that was very thoughtfully and articulatley said. Well done! I never really thought about it like that before. I thought they were doing a sort of buffy the vampire slayer thing where she fights baddies at night but still manages to go to school in the day time. Which worked perfectly in buffy the vampire slayer. It was a world and creation in and of itself which makes it such an awesome show. But Terminator was more of a real life type of situation (minus the cybors and time travel LOL) But what you said makes a lot of sense. I guess we have to take into account all the time that has passed since they destroyed cyberdyne. And the fact that John is much older now and coming into his own, she doesn't have to hover over him like she used too. You made some very good points.

Here is that very clip in homage to your referrence.

I just removed this video cause I didn't realize it was a no no on this site. But at least you got to see it. Too bad.
                Last edited by Kirstycol; 02-16-2008, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Hey, thanks for reading my post. I know it was a long one!

I think a lot of people started watching the series with that crazy T2 Sarah in mind and were a little disappointed when they didn't get it (believe me, I love that crazy T2 Sarah too!). But I really feel like the show is building from a logical starting point and giving us enough moments to know that T2 Sarah still lies within. As the show progresses and judgement day draws closer, I have no doubt we'll see more intensity in her.

Oh, thanks for the clip too

Comment

Fantastic post allergygal! That was one of the things I loved about Lena's performance right away because I could see that balance.

However, that said, "Demon Hand" was the first time I really missed Linda Hamilton's Sarah. The crazy scenes were disappointing.

Comment

I liked Linda but i thought Lena played the part better,there where more facets to her character and by god could she handle herself,would not want to pick a fight with her or her metal buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by tmchale1970
                        I liked Linda but i thought Lena played the part better,there where more facets to her character and by god could she handle herself,would not want to pick a fight with her or her metal buddy.
                        Remember Lena grew up in Sparta where everyone is a warrior

Lena played her like a coiled spring. Even during the lighter moments she came off as serious and a little dangerous. She also got to played a much more balanced character than Hamilton. Sarah Conner in the movies went from helpless to Rambo.

Comment

Linda is touring around with Wizard World this year at Chicago's comic con with a few Smallville stars too.

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaBowserSSBM
                            Linda is touring around with Wizard World this year at Chicago's comic con with a few Smallville stars too.
                            I plan to see her Labor Day at Dragon con or at least she's on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Queenrocks77
                              I think it would be cool to see her guest star. Like Chris Reeve and Dean Cain and so on guest starred on SV
                              Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎