No announcement yet.

Spoken Kryptonian language?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adromidon
    You can read Kryptonian? lol How did you know what they translated to.
    just google kryptonian alphabet

Comment

wow just wow I did not know they actually made the language I thought it was just a made up thing

Comment

You can actually find it in the comics too. I know some of it was in the latest supergirl run.

Comment

This website has detailed info om the Kryptonian dialect. Its quite impressive!

Comment

If you say so I understood maybe a fraction of what that guy was talking about most of it was way over my head he writes like a well educated scholar and that is hard for me to grasp

Comment

Remember Bizarro was a failed Kryptonian experiment. HE would speak Kryptonian, or know it when he hears it. Clark could very well be clueless about the spoken Kryptonian language.

Comment

I guess Smallville wasn't the first time kryptonian was spoken in a movie or on tv. Maybe a in a Superman tv show, or movie, but it has been spoken on tv before. It's in an episode of Yes Dear that aired long before season seven of Smallville. One of the characters said "thank you" in kryptonian.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal26
                  I guess Smallville wasn't the first time kryptonian was spoken in a movie or on tv. Maybe a in a Superman tv show, or movie, but it has been spoken on tv before. It's in an episode of Yes Dear that aired long before season seven of Smallville. One of the characters said "thank you" in kryptonian.
                  wait... are you seriously taking something from a show entirely unrelated to the Superman mythos or DC, over this?!?!

seriously?... I say you should rethink that

Comment

Are you really going to deny facts because the show isn't related to superman? What difference does it make what the show is, or is not about. The question is, has the kryptonian language been spoken before? That includes any form of media. I'm just pointing out that the language has been spoken on television before. Not sure what's wrong with that. I didn't say the show was better than smallville, or even that it was spoken correctly, but it was spoken. It was in an episode in which the main character, who works for warner bros., takes his dad to a comic book convention. His dad dresses as superman, and speaks kryptonian.

The above kind of makes me laugh. I mean. We're talking about if the kryptonian language has ever been spoken on tv, or in movies right? I'm pointing out that it has. Doesn't matter what it was in to me. Just that if I say it was first spoken on smallville, I want to be right. If I said that now, I'd be wrong, because it has been spoken before. I'm not choosing one thing over the other. I'm choosing what's real, over what I want to be real. I would love for smallville to be the first show to use the kryptonian language, but it's not. Plain and simple. Did yes dear use the language correctly? That's a good question. I would hope that any show using something like that would get it right, or at least do enough research to be close, but who knows. I'm just pointing out that it was done.

Originally posted by HowardFilms
                    Is this the first case of spoken Kryptonian? It's the first I've ever heard it vocally.
                    See, they didn't say, was this the first time in something superman related. They said, is this the first case. I reply, no, it's not. I thought it was, but I was wrong, apparently.
                    Last edited by Kal26; 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kal26
                      [B] I'm not choosing one thing over the other. I'm choosing what's real, over what I want to be real. I would love for smallville to be the first show to use the kryptonian language, but it's not. Plain and simple.

OK. I'm really glad to see anyone passionate about any art form, and ART is a real force to enrich our lives, but the subject matter in art is NOT REAL. At best, art is a reflection of life but no one should mistake it for reality. Pull back a bit people, enjoy what the artists have created for you, but don't go to bed thinking any of it IS real.

PS I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by berniepooh
                        [B]
                        Originally posted by Kal26
                        I'm not choosing one thing over the other. I'm choosing what's real, over what I want to be real. I would love for smallville to be the first show to use the kryptonian language, but it's not. Plain and simple.

OK. I'm really glad to see anyone passionate about any art form, and ART is a real force to enrich our lives, but the subject matter in art is NOT REAL. At best, art is a reflection of life but no one should mistake it for reality. Pull back a bit people, enjoy what the artists have created for you, but don't go to bed thinking any of it IS real.

PS I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!
                        Um, I think, your missing my point. I'm not talking about the show being real, or the characters, or the language, or anything like that. I'm saying the language has been spoken on a show before it was spoken on smallville. That's real. The show, was real. They really spoke kryptonian on a tv show. It really happened. Therefore, it's real. The language came out of the mouths of real people.

Now, what I was pointing out was that in reality smallville was not the first show that had people speaking a predetermined kryptonian language. Therefore, to say that smallville was the first to do it, would be false. In REALITY it had already been done. See what I'm getting at. I'm not trying to make art real. I'm just saying that the language has come out of the mouths of real people, and was on a real network tv show, before it was on smallville.

Comment

You know this is off topic a little but one thing I noticed. is why is it that 98% of all Kryptonian males raised on Krypton speak with a British Accent. I know the actors are british but still would it make sense to say they were all british? Also inconsistencies lie there as well such as when Clark had that flash back of Jor-El coming to earth. He did not speak with a British accent wich makes you think is that something they just do because they a mimicing Humans or just an over looks flaw in continuity.

You can read Kryptonian? lol How did you know what they translated to.

And my original point was Clark can read Kryptonian just fine but as mentioned a few post above the translation in SV anyway was supposed to be like a Hexidecimal error similar to what your computer gives when your get the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) it is safe to say that Bizzaro does not understand this as well thus he needs Chloe to turn Hexidecimal code into something useful to non computer nerds.
                          No reason, just the first movie was filmed in England and TPTB were Brits. How to explain it away,that cant be easy. Lets see, try this... When you hear them speaking in English, they are really speaking in Kryptonian. When you hear a British accent you're really hearing the translator's malfunction.

Comment

Originally posted by Radioflyer
                            No reason, just the first movie was filmed in England and TPTB were Brits. How to explain it away,that cant be easy. Lets see, try this... When you hear them speaking in English, they are really speaking in Kryptonian. When you hear a British accent you're really hearing the translator's malfunction.
                            Yes but most of the time the women do not speak with one !

Comment

Yes but most of the time the women do not speak with one !
                              I cant help there.

Comment

I just so want Clark to speak it.... how hot would that be!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎