No announcement yet.

Ep. 3.08 - A Very Supernatural Christmas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    I thought it was awesome how it opened up with that "Special Presentation" commercial/intro that CBS always had in the 80's for their Christmas specials.

The only difference was that "CBS" was missing. They could have replaced it with "CW" but I have no complaints.
    huh. For some reason I always thought that logo thing was ABC, not CBS. Weird.

And yeah, they totally should have put CW on it, would have been the perfect touch!

Comment

My favorite quotes from the episode:

Dean: Witnesses said that they heard a thump on the roof. So what the hell do you think we're dealing with?
      Sam: Actually I have an idea...yeah it's going to sound crazy.
      Dean: What could you possibly say that could sound crazy to me?
      Sam: Um, evil Santa?
      Dean: Yeah, that crazy!
      Sam: I'm just saying that there's some version of the "Anti Claus" in every culture. Whatever you want to call it, there's all sorts of lore.
      Dean: Saying what?
      Sam: Saying back in the day, Santa's brother went rogue and now he shows up around Christmas time, but instead of bringing presents he punishes the wicked.
      Dean: By hauling their asses up chimneys?
      Sam: For starters, yeah.
      Dean: So this is your theory, Santa's shady brother?
      _ _ _ _ _

Sam: Pretty much every Christmas tradition is Pagan.
      Dean: Christmas is Jesus's Birtday.
      Sam: No, Jesus's Birthday was probably in the fall, it was actually the Winter Solstice festival that was co-opted by the Church and renamed Christmas...but I mean the yulelog, the tree, even Santa's red suit...that's all remnants of Pagan lore.
      Dean: How do you know that? What'll you tell me next? The Easter bunny's jewish?

Comment

I was watching this again today and I just caught that Sam says Bobby gave him the amulet - I did not know that. I guess that's old news - I knew that it was intended for John but Sam gave it to Dean. Interesting - sorry if it's old news I was just happy that I noticed it Can't wait for what S4 will tell us about the amulet(hopefully).

Comment

Just rewatched this, and it was hilarious, must of hurt, he ripped of Sam's freaking nail!

Comment

My favorite scene in this episode was between little Sam and Dean, it was so sweet that Sam was the one to give Dean his necklace. Both those kids are very believable as the younger Sam and Dean and look very much like Jared and Jensen.

Comment

This episode was good.I liked how it was a Christmas speicial,Showing the boys past was tight and the gods were freaky as can be.

Comment

Any other occasion, I'd have probably liked this episode.
                But as a Christmas one, I didn't find it very entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎