Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people keep saying no air = dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone was saying he would die.

E: That is, irrevocably.

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
      ..we don't know the rate of which Adam can regenerate his cells
      um... it's rapidly

Comment

he'd probably die, a lack of oxygen or the lungs inhabited by any toxin would stop his powers from working causing him to die(hiro opium) but in such a case as his where even the brain can regenerate i doubt he will die

Comment

I think the lack of oxygen = death is just thinking a bit too hard, lol.

The fact that Hiro buried Adam alive is suspose to be a very cruel act on his part in order to make sure Adam suffers for a very long time for killing his father. What fate could be more horrible for an immortal?

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
            Air is needed to keep the brain alive. If his brain dies, then Adam dies.
            This is right. Adam should eventually die, he isn't immortal, he regenerates. He can't survive forever in conditions that don't support life, he would only last longer than a normal person would. He will eventually succumb to conditions such as these.

If no one rescues him or he doesn't get out on his own, and enough time has passed after death, Adam should most definitely be dead for good. (Blood still in his system after death will only keep him "preserved" for so long. Without a constant supply of regenerative blood, as produced during living, he will eventually decompose.)
            Last edited by Xanderman; 12-05-2007, 02:54 AM.

Comment

I think some people don't get the 'hidden meaning' behind the coffin inprisonment. Hiro doesn't want to kill Adam, he wants to punish him for killing his father. What better way to punish an immortal than to lock him up for eternity?
              So it's obvious that Adam will survive, not because of the 'scientific' explanations some of you have come up with, but simply because of the meaning and context of that scene.

Comment

The entire problem with it is that if you think about it that doesn't make sense.

Comment

From an interview with Kring

Kring notes. "We've given the audience no reason to believe that Adam can figure a way to get out of there. The fact that he can live forever makes this the most gruesome of internments. If this happened to any of us, at least we'd know we'd soon have the mercy of death. Not here."

Seems to be that they intend him to suffer a fate worse than death. Or torpor.

heres a link but be warned, possible spoilers
                  http://www.tvguide.com/news/heroes-g...nale/071204-01
                  Last edited by Yoshua; 12-05-2007, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I guess he didn't think it through.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Frag_Man
                      I guess he didn't think it through.
                      lol just because he didnt agree with you and it lines up with what I say?

Classic.

Comment

Because it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Frag_Man
                          Because it doesn't make sense.

It makes sense to me, and a few others here obviously.

Comment

I'm not the only one who disagrees either. It doesn't matter how many people are on a side.

Comment

Nope, only matters what the 'creator' intended

Comment

Or what he thought looked cool on the screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎