Collapse
No announcement yet.

there's no coming back from that one?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think that's what adam believes is true.. It's very possible that Adam did meet another regen. I mean Claires mother is pryro and father a flyer.. could adam and Claire be somehow related-sure. But I'm sure there just others over 400 yrs anyway.

I'm also thinking that is why HRG didn't want Claire anywhere near the company. Maybe he's seen the research on one of them that had been killed. Maybe they tried cutting off thier head and then laying them in close proximity to the body to see if it would grow back and it didn't work. But it would be interesting to see if that would work or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
      the brain is what triggers everyones power. no brain, no power. if his head was to get shot away then there wouldnt be a way to regenerate.
      so if you cut the head off, wouldn't the head part just grow the entire body out?

Comment

David confirmed in the BuddyTV interview that the only way to kill Adam to cut off his head.

Q: That should be good. And in these final three episodes, they're kind of wrapping up this storyline. And their seems to be a long way to go with your character, as to what are his motives, what's going on, what's his ultimate plan. Can you give us a sneak peek as to anything that's going to be going on with your character in these last couple episodes?

A: The whole Milo/Adam Monroe will see it's fruition, I guess. You know how I can't say much. It'll pan out. It'll pan out. And the audience will love it. Hopefully they'll love what I'm doing with it. I can't say anymore. I can't speak anymore to that.

Q: At least we know that hopefully, well you'll have to survive it because your character is pretty much an immortal.

A: Yup. Yup. Yes sir. The only way my character can die is if someone were to cut off my head and I have yet to go do that.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
          Adam already speculated back in ancient Japan that removing his head would kill him because he told Hiro to stop time and chop off his head for him. The Victoria Pratt even said that she thought the only way to be sure that he'd stay dead was to blow his head to bits and since she was suspose to be like the Mo' of her day, Adam is bound to take her at her word and not want to test that theory.

A modern day military grade explosion could probably mess Adam up to the point that he'd lose his head but the ancient Japan one just wasn't powerful enough. Go back and rewatch the scene when Hiro revists the exploaded tent. There is a burnt up body on the ground there that clearly still has it's head firmly attached to it's body and Hiro even picks up Kensei's mask/helmat from right next to it.

He did regenerate from the smoking corpse after the blast..

Though we don't know how long it took to do so.

Also, I would think the brain did suffer a lot of damage due to the heat, so at least we know he can recover after all that damage, so he must be one tough hombre,

Comment

It's the same way Sylar was going to kill Claire in season 1--by taking her brain. Without their brain it seems there aren't any signals to the body to regenerate. So when Claire had the stick in her head, she was dead until it was removed. When Peter had the glass in his head, he was dead until it was removed.

Comment

he let her go on purpose because he new she was going to try to kill peter and that gave him perfect reason to fullfill his revenge of killing her just like he wants to kill everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Barogrei
                Regrowing a toe in mere seconds indicates a level of cellular regeneration speed that is nothing short of incredible, by normal human standards. I do not think it is that tremendous of a leap from that to say that the rest of the cells would be regenerated from the neck down and the regenerator would survive. I know there is a substantial difference in mass between a toe and an entire body, but it doesn't seem that the sheer difference in mass between the two would preclude Claire or Adam from being able to do it. You may be on to something, however, when you say that the brain if disconnected from the rest of the body would not be able to allow the power to function properly.
                It's not just the brain, it's the blood thing. There must be enough blood circulating to permit regeneration of this level. In the head there is only so much blood, not sure if it would be enough to effect complete regeneration of an entire body. However, if a supply of additional regenerative blood were pumped into their head/neck (lol), then yes the entire body could conceivably grow back. heh

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                the brain is what triggers everyones power. no brain, no power. if his head was to get shot away then there wouldnt be a way to regenerate.
                It's also in the blood of these heroes (Adam/Claire). If the brain is damaged, blood still in the system could fix it. However, as I've discussed there is a "point of no return" in terms of amount of brain loss/destruction of the crucial areas.

Originally posted by seacrystal
                David confirmed in the BuddyTV interview that the only way to kill Adam to cut off his head.
                Yes this would probably kill him, however if someone intervenes (like putting his head back on his body so they reattach), or by injecting his head/neck with an adequate supply of regenerative blood, life would likely be restored.

Originally posted by STFanatic
                He did regenerate from the smoking corpse after the blast

Though we don't know how long it took to do so.

Also, I would think the brain did suffer a lot of damage due to the heat, so at least we know he can recover after all that damage, so he must be one tough hombre,
                We don't know that was actually him, and again personally I don't think it was, just a ruse strictly for Hiro's benefit.

Originally posted by Kal'sGirl
                It's the same way Sylar was going to kill Claire in season 1--by taking her brain. Without their brain it seems there aren't any signals to the body to regenerate. So when Claire had the stick in her head, she was dead until it was removed. When Peter had the glass in his head, he was dead until it was removed.
                Once the brain is gone/destroyed, the vital areas which include memory/knowledge go with it, gone forever. However blood in the body could conceivably regenerate another brain, however this would just be a zombie basically without the memories/knowledge of Claire (so in effect, the Claire we knew would be dead). As for the stick/shard thing, their bodies were still in "regen" mode, as evidenced by their eyes. However, the blood couldn't do its thing while the objects were in the way. Apparently the blood still present was temporarily keeping them in a preserved state, ready to heal and "reactivate" if you will once the interfering objects were removed.
                Last edited by Xanderman; 11-28-2007, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                  Yes this would probably kill him, however if someone intervenes (like putting his head back on his body so they reattach), or by injecting his head/neck with an adequate supply of regenerative blood, life would likely be restored.
                  I think that would be something like HRG's situation. He also got his brains smashed inside when Mohinder shot him in the eye, but because of Claire's blood he managed to come back in no time at all.

Comment

Yes I agree, his brain was totally destructed, outcome is the same. You can smash a brain into pieces, or cut a head, same result...

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                      It's not just the brain, it's the blood thing. There must be enough blood circulating to permit regeneration of this level. In the head there is only so much blood, not sure if it would be enough to effect complete regeneration of an entire body. However, if a supply of additional regenerative blood were pumped into their head/neck (lol), then yes the entire body could conceivably grow back. heh

It's also in the blood of these heroes (Adam/Claire). If the brain is damaged, blood still in the system could fix it. However, as I've discussed there is a "point of no return" in terms of amount of brain loss/destruction of the crucial areas.

We don't know that was actually him, and again personally I don't think it was, just a ruse strictly for Hiro's benefit.

Once the brain is gone/destroyed, the vital areas which include memory/knowledge go with it, gone forever. However blood in the body could conceivably regenerate another brain, however this would just be a zombie basically without the memories/knowledge of Claire (so in effect, the Claire we knew would be dead). As for the stick/shard thing, their bodies were still in "regen" mode, as evidenced by their eyes. However, the blood couldn't do its thing while the objects were in the way. Apparently the blood still present was temporarily keeping them in a preserved state, ready to heal and "reactivate" if you will once the interfering objects were removed.
                      FYG and Cautionary Tales back up this theory. Whether the smoking corpse was Adam's or not- it had a head attached. I don't personally see how anyone could deny any of Xanderman's explanations at this point. The onscreen evidence, and interviews with actors and writers, all back him up.

Comment

In most cases when that big of explosion and heat hits a person, the brain and skull usually pops. If you ever watched any old cremation video's listen closely and you can hear a audible popping sound. Thats not just the flesh burning thats the brain popping.

So in point he is able to recover from massive damage to his brain i would say he has a superior regeneration ability to claire....

Comment

Let's not get too graphic in here

Comment

Originally posted by Mischael12
                            In most cases when that big of explosion and heat hits a person, the brain and skull usually pops. If you ever watched any old cremation video's listen closely and you can hear a audible popping sound. Thats not just the flesh burning thats the brain popping.

So in point he is able to recover from massive damage to his brain i would say he has a superior regeneration ability to claire....

let's not get to graphic in here
                            Thank you!

Anyway, we saw his head, so we can conclude that somehow (perhaps the explosion not being strong enough to overcome his healing, meaning that as it melted his skin he healed it back) this did not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                              FYG and Cautionary Tales back up this theory. Whether the smoking corpse was Adam's or not- it had a head attached. I don't personally see how anyone could deny any of Xanderman's explanations at this point. The onscreen evidence, and interviews with actors and writers, all back him up.
                              Thanks TND, I just go by the onscreen stuff by the way.

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                              Anyway, we saw his head, so we can conclude that somehow (perhaps the explosion not being strong enough to overcome his healing, meaning that as it melted his skin he healed it back) this did not happen.
                              Exactly, his regen ability could have allowed him to withstand the heat and other forces. Personally I think he was in a crazy state of burning/healing/burning/healing the whole time. While in this state, he found a corpse and put his armor on it to fool Hiro, and then he got out of there.

Comment

That would be the only explanation really. Because his healing is near instantaneous or it wasn't really him at all we saw.

What would have happened is that as his skin is being burned new skin would grow, that would be burned and more skin until the heat died down allowing them to heal in peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎