No announcement yet.

there's no coming back from that one?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there's no coming back from that one?

"she was going to shoot you in the head, there's no coming back from that one."

Really?

What about Claire? I mean how's shot in the head different from having a log in your head? Wait, even Peter himself had a frakking glass that went through his head.

If that weren't enough, we had HRG that just came back from a shot to the head.

So... now... how would Adam even know there'd be no coming back from that one? If he tried himself he wouldn't be there to speak those words... unless they weren't true of course.

So if above doesn't establish the fact that Adam was telling major BS, I guess this season has ripped more plot holes then the shot gun did on Adam. Too bad the story can't heal itself, nor can the writers erase our memories.

So hopefully Adam was just BSing, then we have his motive. He isn't after Hiro anymore. He wants to die.

Yes, he has had enough we the repetitive humanity living 400 frakking year. He just wants a way out. And the virus is the only hope of relieving him from his agony, while exacting vengeance on everyone that has wronged him.

So, Sylar v.s. Adam. One wants to die already, one hasn't had enough fun yet. I think it'd be interesting to see them coming head to head.
    Last edited by hansioux; 11-27-2007, 11:32 AM.

Sounded to me like he was referring to his head being removed completely or the brain at least.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOriginalKal-el
      Sounded to me like he was referring to his head being removed completely or the brain at least.
      Then he would have died thousands of times in warring Japan.

Comment

A shotgun would do a lot more than just put a hole in your head. It would make your head basically explode. There would be no coming back from an exploded head is what I think he meant.

Comment

Look, HE'S FRIGGIN TAKEZO KENSEI!!!!! HE'S BEEN AROUND FOR OVER FOUR HUNDRED YEARS!!!!

I'm just saying, I think he would have picked up a thing or two...
          Last edited by Zeth Duuron; 11-27-2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matro
            A shotgun would do a lot more than just put a hole in your head. It would make your head basically explode. There would be no coming back from an exploded head is what I think he meant.
            Thats whay I took it as too, making most peoples speculation correct, removing the head completely equals death for a regenerater. The question I have though being...how would he know? The answer being he must have been in contact with another regenerater at some point in the past and done exactly that to them.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
              Thats whay I took it as too, making most peoples speculation correct, removing the head completely equals death for a regenerater. The question I have though being...how would he know? The answer being he must have been in contact with another regenerater at some point in the past and done exactly that to them.
              if a shotgun at close range in the show can blows up a persons head, then being in an ammo armory filled with gun powder and stood in the center of the room with no shelter of any sort while the entire room of gun powder explodes probably should have done a pretty good job of exploding a head.

Comment

Originally posted by hansioux
                if a shotgun at close range in the show can blows up a persons head, then being in an ammo armory filled with gun powder and stood in the center of the room with no shelter of any sort while the entire room of gun powder explodes probably should have done a pretty good job of exploding a head.
                In theory, sure...but not necessarily. And it's not just on the show a shotgun at point blank would do that, it's pretty realistic. But I digress. The damage to Adam in the exploding Japanese tent would have been primarily burning and shrapnel, unless he, say, had his head in one of the barrels, which he didn't of course. It's roughly the difference of being near a grenade when it goes off (shrapnel, force) and say having one in your mouth when it explodes.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                  Adam already speculated back in ancient Japan that removing his head would kill him because he told Hiro to stop time and chop off his head for him. The Victoria Pratt even said that she thought the only way to be sure that he'd stay dead was to blow his head to bits and since she was suspose to be like the Mo' of her day, Adam is bound to take her at her word and not want to test that theory.

Originally posted by hansioux
                  A modern day military grade explosion could probably mess Adam up to the point that he'd lose his head but the ancient Japan one just wasn't powerful enough. Go back and rewatch the scene when Hiro revists the exploaded tent. There is a burnt up body on the ground there that clearly still has it's head firmly attached to it's body and Hiro even picks up Kensei's mask/helmat from right next to it.

Comment

Sounds like a Highlander to me. Which by the way is cool thing about this show is it's homage to previous Sci-Fi

Comment

Does this apply to claire's 'gecko regeneration' ability?

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23

A modern day military grade explosion could probably mess Adam up to the point that he'd lose his head but the ancient Japan one just wasn't powerful enough. Go back and rewatch the scene when Hiro revists the exploaded tent. There is a burnt up body on the ground there that clearly still has it's head firmly attached to it's body and Hiro even picks up Kensei's mask/helmat from right next to it. [/B]
                        I think Myth Muster shows that an actual grenade does a lot of damage. When the dummy was on top of the grenade it just disappeared. but yes, Adam was standing about 2 feet away from all the black powder.

Tho I must say a tent stacked with crates of black powder is more powerful than a grenade.

Comment

If Adam was telling the truth, then he isn't truly immortal, and he can be killed with the right attack. As some such as myself have been saying from the beginning.

That being said, Adam could have been lying to Peter. I don't think he was, but he might have been. Afterall, he just shot and killed that woman (he wanted her dead either way, that's obvious) -- he had to give Peter a good reason for doing that, else Peter might start seeing him as the villain he really is.

Originally posted by jazzylg
                          Does this apply to claire's 'gecko regeneration' ability?
                          Claire and Adam are likely the same. We haven't seen any reason to assume otherwise, I don't think. If Claire's brains are blown out, she'd probably be finished as well. It's certain important areas of the brain that must be completely destroyed/removed though (memory/knowledge areas etc) to kill the person I'd say, as regeneration would repair/replace anything else. Once these areas are gone, regeneration won't bring them back. Regeneration would only restore the "genetic originals" for these brain areas, without the additions/changes gained through life/experience. So a zombie would in effect result, a mindless clone. Whether this person could be re-educated etc, who knows, but it would probably never be the same person.

A beheading would probably kill them because there's not enough blood in the head alone to provide the regenerative power necessary to produce an entire new body. But if the severed head is placed back on the body afterward, they would probably re-connect and life would be restored.
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 11-28-2007, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Regrowing a toe in mere seconds indicates a level of cellular regeneration speed that is nothing short of incredible, by normal human standards. I do not think it is that tremendous of a leap from that to say that the rest of the cells would be regenerated from the neck down and the regenerator would survive. I know there is a substantial difference in mass between a toe and an entire body, but it doesn't seem that the sheer difference in mass between the two would preclude Claire or Adam from being able to do it. You may be on to something, however, when you say that the brain if disconnected from the rest of the body would not be able to allow the power to function properly.

Comment

the brain is what triggers everyones power. no brain, no power. if his head was to get shot away then there wouldnt be a way to regenerate.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎