Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Peter read Adam's mind?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Peter needs to realize is that Adam used him to get himself out of the facility. Adam can't exactly walk through walls. He is being way to naive. Although I can see why he would trust him to a point (saving Nathan), he does not exactly know him too well. He basically only knew him during his time inside the facility and the night he escaped. The next contact they had was when he showed up in Montreal. I would be asking some questions.

Comment

Peter is a jack of all trades, master of none. He's got Matt's abilities, but without practice, he's not as strong as Matt is with them.

Now, we saw how Angela Petrelli was able to hold back Matt for a while, so I bet it would be easy for Adam to hold off Peter indefinitely.

Comment

the way the ability works is that the mind reader can read whats on the surface. matt has mastered his abilities so he may be able to read deeper but peter can only read what adam is thinking at that point. adam just needs to make sure hes not thinking about killing people and hes safe.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_girl
          the way the ability works is that the mind reader can read whats on the surface. matt has mastered his abilities so he may be able to read deeper but peter can only read what adam is thinking at that point. adam just needs to make sure hes not thinking about killing people and hes safe.
          Have you ever tried to not think about something? It doesn't work... Your telling yourself the one think you don't want to think about, so it's on the surface. The more you would try to not think about something, the more it's going to be on your mind. And Adam has shown, killing the worlds population and getting revenge on those who locked him up is all he is thinking about.

Face it people, the writers have painted Peter in a corner with his all his powers. They have to make him look like an idiot if he has any interaction with other people. Any situation he is in, good or bad, he has a couple of powers available to help him, and he uses none...

Comment

if it wasn't for adam, Peter would still be locked up in the companies jail taking those hatian pills.

Comment

It's a plot hole in a way, yeah, however as others have said it can probably be explained away by the fact that Peter still basically trusts Adam, and does not feel the need to invade him in this way -- not yet anyway.

Comment

Re: Why didn't Peter read Adam's mind?

Originally posted by Marvelman
                I hate to sound like I'm nitpicking, but this really did stand out to me. If he can read that woman's mind (whatever her name was), why couldn't he read Adam's?
                exactly what i thought. the reason is probably a bit of lazy writing and artistic license lol.

Comment

Maybe Adam was thinking in Japanese? Maybe Peter doesn't have enough control over that power yet to use it properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelman
                    Maybe Adam was thinking in Japanese?
                    Thats brilliant!!

Comment

Not really. HRG pulled that trick on Matt last season. Also, if he was thinking in Japanese, wouldn't that tip Peter off that something was wrong?

Comment

Nod fond of compliments, eh? I meant it by way of no one else had thought of that yet.

Comment

i think it's a matter of privacy, unless peter already suspected that something was wrong, which he didn't, then he would have no reason to intrude on adam's thoughts. peter's that kind of man.

Comment

Yeah Peter didn't have reason to distrust Adam so he didn't feel the need to invade his mind I guess. In fact, Adam had done nothing but earn his trust in various ways. So basically he completely played Peter from the beginning.

If Peter read Adam's mind and he was thinking in Japanese, they would have shown that happen, so that's not even a possibility. I thought of this but again since they didn't show it happen it rules it out. Certain story elements are sometimes hidden from the audience to be surprises later on, but this isn't one of those things.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎