No announcement yet.

So Peter,Adam and Claire can die

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barogrei
    Peter would be practically immortal and invincible if he were to invoke D.L.'s power on his head at all times. The part of his brain that actually enables his power is the only part of his body that could not be regenerated, and if he kept that part of his brain on the plane of existence that matter cannot touch, he would truly be impossible to kill. I wonder if he could make D.L.'s power work when he is asleep. Well, even if he couldn't he could still freeze time when he had to take a nap, and then the only person who could defeat him would be Hiro, or any others who came across the ability to manipulate time.
    That is the most retarded thing I have heard in my life.

Comment

I do not understand how my previous post would qualify as a stupid post. I was merely explaining how Peter could use multiple powers to make it practically impossible to defeat him. In a thread discussing the actual degree to which the regenerators are killable, I don't think that my post was inappropriate or foolish. Rather, I think that your unsupported response to my post is what seems to be worthy of the insult you gave mine. I would not mind if you mentioned some sort of faulty logic or questioned the merit of my observations by some other criteria. But please, do that at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Barogrei
        Peter would be practically immortal and invincible if he were to invoke D.L.'s power on his head at all times. The part of his brain that actually enables his power is the only part of his body that could not be regenerated, and if he kept that part of his brain on the plane of existence that matter cannot touch, he would truly be impossible to kill. I wonder if he could make D.L.'s power work when he is asleep. Well, even if he couldn't he could still freeze time when he had to take a nap, and then the only person who could defeat him would be Hiro, or any others who came across the ability to manipulate time.
        This all depends on how Peter's powers work, which they've never been completely clear about. I always assumed he accessed abilities in a different way from the original power-holders (requiring extra effort, like through emotional stimuli or something). That would make it hard for any abilities to be on all the time for him. I think it would be physically draining as well for DL's power to be on 24/7 either way (even for DL). Finally, if the part of the brain you're talking about is in a different phase from the rest of his body, how will it receive the constant supply of blood/oxygen it needs to work properly/survive? The head/brain and body must be in the same phase to physically exchange materials. As for freezing time or moving through time, etc, I believe this all requires conscious effort, and so can't be maintained while unconscious or sleeping.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 11-28-2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
          As for freezing time or moving through time, etc, I believe this all requires conscious effort, and so can't be maintained while unconscious or sleeping.
          didnt you see the ep were peter was unconscious on the road after he was about to explode, and that he seen himself in the past when he seen angela with charles, it wasnt until HRG woke him up that peter realised what had happened

Comment

Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
            didnt you see the ep were peter was unconscious on the road after he was about to explode, and that he seen himself in the past when he seen angela with charles, it wasnt until HRG woke him up that peter realised what had happened
            BUT that wasn't physical time traveling, it was quite different. In both of these situations Peter's mind had drifted to the past/future, but he was still (physically speaking) in the present. The same happened last ep., only that this time Peter wasn't uncounscious.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHoundito
              BUT that wasn't physical time traveling, it was quite different. In both of these situations Peter's mind had drifted to the past/future, but he was still (physically speaking) in the present. The same happened last ep., only that this time Peter wasn't uncounscious.
              read again what Xanderman posted, he didnt mention anything about physical or mental timetravel when commenting on unconscious or sleeping use of abilities

Comment

Peter did the lightning, super strength, etc. by instinct, not by memory of the person...

I think at some point, as be becomes more powerful, he can use them just as freely as the original, handle attaining more, and handle using multiple powers at once. That seems to be the trend.

Comment

Wait...something doesn't make sense. If damage to the head is all that's needed then why was claire able to regernate after that shard went into her head, same with peter. Also...Adam was in that explosion at blackbeared's camp, are you telling me a complete explosion he was chilling in didn't blow up his head too?
                  Lastly peter, he blew up into a nuclear explosion, once again much more danger for the head than a simple shot gun....it would be ridiculously dumb if an explosion can't ruin the head but a bullet can.

Comment

Originally posted by rock122
                    Wait...something doesn't make sense. If damage to the head is all that's needed then why was claire able to regernate after that shard went into her head, same with peter. Also...Adam was in that explosion at blackbeared's camp, are you telling me a complete explosion he was chilling in didn't blow up his head too?
                    Lastly peter, he blew up into a nuclear explosion, once again much more danger for the head than a simple shot gun....it would be ridiculously dumb if an explosion can't ruin the head but a bullet can.

Peter did not "explode", he only released a vast amount of energy that was equal a huge explosion.
                    He didn't even lose conscience.
                    He expelled the energy and swooped down and caught Nathan.

Comment

Originally posted by rock122
                      Because it seems the whole brain needs to be entirely damaged. What happened to Claire / Peter was that a thin and sharpened object had penetrated into their head/brain, causing a malfuncition of their abilities... but as soon as it was removed, everything started to work normally, so that damaged part got healed.

Comment

Originally posted by timbojill
                        That is the most retarded thing I have heard in my life.
                        Clearly, you haven't read most your own posts.

Comment

read again what Xanderman posted, he didnt mention anything about physical or mental timetravel when commenting on unconscious or sleeping use of abilities
                          You're talking about those prophetic dreams Peter has, right? (The power many believe he acquired from his mom?) If you are, the whole basis of that ability is prophecy in dream-like state, so being asleep or whatever is how that power expresses itself and so can't be used as a basis for your argument at all. Most abilities clearly require a conscious effort. I mean DL would have died LONG AGO if he could phase in his sleep, lol. I mean if he phased during a dream or whatever, he could conceivably fall right through his bed and wake up somewhere deep in the Earth's core. (Or as I've joked, if he fell asleep in the tub, and then phased during a bad dream, wake up afterward to find himself a permanent part of the toilet, and then die. lol...."Micah....whatever you do, DON'T flush....uhhhh" )

Originally posted by pycer
                          Clearly, you haven't read most your own posts.
                          Lol right on pycer.
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 12-02-2007, 03:06 PM.

Comment

[B]You're talking about those prophetic dreams Peter has, right? (The power many believe he acquired from his mom?) [B]
                            Kind of off topic (but tangently on topic!): I thought the general consensus was that it was most likely Deavaux, due to their shared dream early vol1 and their conversion in the finale. Though if it was from the sock stealer, that lends credence to my old theory about Uluru's identity...

Comment

Most abilities clearly require a conscious effort.
                              your contradicting your own post saying this since if most abilities require a conscious focused effort what about those that dont

how many times have we seen people on this show exhibit abilities they couldnt control

matt

peter

tedd

issac

nikki

they all exhibited there powers without conscious focused effort to begin with, then 2 learnt by themselves: matt and tedd, and 3 required help peter, issac and nikki

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                                Kind of off topic (but tangently on topic!): I thought the general consensus was that it was most likely Deavaux, due to their shared dream early vol1 and their conversion in the finale. Though if it was from the sock stealer, that lends credence to my old theory about Uluru's identity...
                                You mean Simone's father, right? I guess it could be him, yeah. But then what power does Angela have, if any? (I'm not sure who or what the sock stealer or Uluru is though, spoilers?)

your contradicting your own post saying this since if most abilities require a conscious focused effort what about those that dont

how many times have we seen people on this show exhibit abilities they couldnt control

matt

peter

tedd

issac

nikki

they all exhibited there powers without conscious focused effort to begin with, then 2 learnt by themselves: matt and tedd, and 3 required help peter, issac and nikki
                                I'm not contradicting myself, you're just being overly picky at my wording, instead of focusing on my meaning. For what you're talking about now, they were all conscious at the time, not asleep. Barogrei's idea was that Peter could somehow maintain phasing in his sleep, or keep time frozen -- which is what I was specifically responding to at the time. That's quite different from people accidentally stumbling onto or losing control of abilities while they're awake.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎