No announcement yet.

Matt Parkman: Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Parkman: Absolute power corrupts absolutely

I think Matt is on a very slippery slope. Now he realises that he can control people he will probably start doing it more and more, for all the right reasons at first, but if he is not careful he could end up being a very bad man.

It's like Kaito said, "We have the power of Gods. That does not mean we can play God"

I hope Matt rebounds, but he is definitely on a slippery slope. It's possible that this will give us an idea of how his dad fell so far from grace, but we will see that because Matt is not his Dad, he will be able to pull himself up out of the hole and get on with his life.

Comment

I think his ex and her child may come into play...

Comment

I really wanted to like Matt, but felt that he has been slipping from the start. When it came to Peters powers, all he wanted to do was save the world. I felt as though anytime Matt used his power was for personal gain. He was headed this way from the start, just more obvious now since he is stronger.

Comment

Funny, I thought the EXACT same thing when I was watching the scenes with Matt's new powers. And the quote Kaito said also stuck.

"We have the power of Gods. That does not mean we can play God."
          I thought that was the best quote of the episode lol.

Comment

(edit: 'seven deadly sins' joke gone, guess i watch too much celebrity-mean comedy like madtv, heh...sometimes i forget it's not for everybody)
            Last edited by Xanderman; 11-24-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
              I hope Matt rebounds, but he is definitely on a slippery slope. It's possible that this will give us an idea of how his dad fell so far from grace, but we will see that because Matt is not his Dad, he will be able to pull himself up out of the hole and get on with his life.
              I hope so too. I have faith in Matt.

I thought something similar about Mohinder that watching him be taken in by the company sort of shows us how it was for HRG at first. How do you go from a nice well intentioned company man to a monster...

Anyway I'm a big fan of Matt's and have been from the beginning. I'm rooting for him.

Comment

I hope Matt keeps things in check. It would really suck if they turned him into a bad guy.
                I didn't like him at all, in the alternate future, as a bad guy.

Comment

To be honest, I'd like him as a bad guy. I'm not too fond of his character right now, but he could be an interesting villain, since we'd have seen his slow transition to the dark side.

Comment

He could be Luke to Maury's Anakin

Comment

So, did Matt force the name out of her, or find out through some other means? I thought it was ambigous.

Comment

(edit: jokes gone, since too mean to Matt apparently....sorry comedy fans, i'm not madtv, if you want madtv, it's on saturday nights on fox. heh)
                        Last edited by Xanderman; 11-25-2007, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Oh... Xanderman if that was a madTV reference... I didn't get it cause I don't watch it. *shrug* Used to and loved it but...

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                          So, did Matt force the name out of her, or find out through some other means? I thought it was ambigous.
                          I think he forced her. It was left ambiguous which I like. We can imagine the end of his scene with Mrs. Petrelli. I think he forced it out of her though.
                          Last edited by ginnyfan; 11-26-2007, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Matt may be immoral, but he is not evil.

Comment

^^What? Sinse when is MATT immortal?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎