Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we know about "The Company" & it's purpose?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we know about "The Company" & it's purpose?

Ok then. based on all the information we can conclude this.

Adam founded the company. Adam drew together the Older gen.
    He wanted to 'save the world' but was too bitter and evil, so the others locked him up.
    Linderman who was his disciple may or may not have done this to seize power for himself, as it is he ends up as the head of the company.
    His plan to 'save the world' seems very Adamish.
    Adam is free and killing the older generation.

After Linderman died, bob took over.
    So we now know Adam is a main bad guy. Do you think that The company is also bad, good, misguided but well meaning, etc.

I do not think Bob is totally innocent, but I hoenstly think he is trying to make The Company good and himself is trying to do good as repentance.

I really appreciate the timeline you gave, because it makes me think.
    Do we know for sure Adam started the company?

Comment

The company seems to be dysfunctional to the fact that they want to do good but by their means.

I guess they want to play god.

You want to "save the world" but really, there isn't ONE specific way to save to world. what goes for one doesnt mean that goes for all

Comment

I liked the theory someone had a few weeks ago on Adam actually being Linderman's father, given the similar abilities, similar accents, Linderman being his disciple, etc.

As for the Company, I think they were originally well-meaning but misguided, but it kind of evolved into some kind of monstrosity. While they do a few good things, they adhere too much to this "ends justify the means" philosophy. That's not to say that Adam's not an evil bastard too, I think they're just two factions of evil bastards trying to kill each other off so they can pursue their own agendas.

Comment

The Company does operate on an ends justify the means. But would you let ted Sprague run around free? Or peter after he had just exploded? Or Adam with his 'tendencies' of evil?
          Not everything they have done is good, nor has everything been bad.

Comment

I agree, they have done some good things, but I don't think what they've done is completely altruistic. It seems like they're trying to play God.

Comment

Re: The company.

Originally posted by prairiefire
              Ok then. based on all the information we can conclude this.

Adam founded the company. Adam drew together the Older gen.
              He wanted to 'save the world' but was too bitter and evil, so the others locked him up.
              Linderman who was his disciple may or may not have done this to seize power for himself, as it is he ends up as the head of the company.
              His plan to 'save the world' seems very Adamish.
              Adam is free and killing the older generation.

After Linderman died, bob took over.
              So we now know Adam is a main bad guy. Do you think that The company is also bad, good, misguided but well meaning, etc.

I do not think Bob is totally innocent, but I hoenstly think he is trying to make The Company good and himself is trying to do good as repentance.
              First off, it was the entire 12 who founded The Company. Not just Adam.

Secondly, Thompson was the director of The Company before Bob. Linderman was just on the board of directors.

The Company is good. Bob said in one of the first few episodes that each director carried out his own agenda while in charge. He then said he wanted to fix the corruption.

Comment

Yeah but then, a lot of people have said that they wanted to "fix the corruption". I think he's just trying to get people on his side.

Comment

Re: Re: The company.

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                  He then said he wanted to fix the corruption.

A manipulator would say anything to control people around him.

If he uses his daughter and performs experiments on her, a man could only be so "good", you know?

imo, I wouldn't trust him until he does something like fly peter up in the sky so new york wouldn't explode

Comment

Well, I haven't trusted HRG since the moment I first saw him. I'd trust Bob before him.

Comment

The only thing I could trust HRG with is Claire's wellbeing. How he does it...well....yeah...

you made me think MP

Bob and HRG could be polar opposites

HRG cares about his daughter and no one else

while

Bob prioritizes everyone else over Elle.

makes sense?

Comment

Makes perfect sense, kind of like the polarization of Peter and Sylar, Peter gains abilities by forming connections with those around him while Sylar does it by killing them.

Comment

[Theory]The meaning of the company.

Just a theory of mine since I didn't want to spoil anything in the theory section I thought I should post it here.

The founders of the company "The people in the picture" saw themselves as superiors. In order to stay in control they had to catch those who had special abilities. To study them, mark them(in order to pinpoint their location), manipulate them (in order to increase their power, just look what they have made out of Suresh) or lock them up(as they did to Adam cause he couldn't be killed or Molly.). Yet there has been no proof of killing people with special abilities. But human sacrifice has been revealed.

A proof of their sickness of power is the attempt of destructing New York City and manipulate Nathan. Or the capture of Sylar who should have been executed at once. But instead the company thought that if they could get Sylar on their side they could accomplish a lot more faster.

If the destruction of new york city had happen America's financial capitol would have been destroyed and the economy of the us would have been ruined. Which would allow "The company" to kick in and act. And I believe that what they wish for is World Domination by the superior race(as with humans today we are superior compared to animals).

It's 6AM here in noway now so I think I'm gonna go to sleep. But I'm going to sleep on why members of the company suddenly started to act against them.

Comment

Thompson was running the day to day operations of the company but Linderman was giving Thompson the orders. Linderman decides what is to be done. Linderman was in charge. That much is fact.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎