No announcement yet.

What is wrong with Clark? A rant.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 83kaL
    He hasn't done his training? Maybe? You should go on Wikipedia or something and learn about Superman before judging
    I've known plenty of 20 year-olds who were able to make good decisions without going to an ice fortress in the Antarctic to be trained by the AI remnant of their long-dead father.

That "he hasn't trained yet" excuse just doesn't work for all of Clark's bad decisions and his seeming inability to learn from his past mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1

That "he hasn't trained yet" excuse just doesn't work for all of Clark's bad decisions and his seeming inability to learn from his past mistakes.
      Yeah I'm absolutely tired of that excuse and the "he's not superman yet" one.

Intelligence doesn't magically appears reading some books, and his morals doesn't suddenly change by putting on a costume.

Comment

Originally posted by paolinki25
        I've watched some clips of the episode, and I gotta say Clark is a very slow learner. I know that Jor-El's approach isn't exactly right, but I don't know what would I do as a parent with a kid so stubborn as Clark.
        It seems that Clark's IQ drops every season. I know that he is just really starting out his adult life with out his parents around to help guide him through the rough spots, but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by seacrystal
          I strongly disagree with this. Lara had made the ultimate sacrifice for her only child, by sending him off to another world where she hoped he would be spared from the grief and destruction on their home planet.

What do you expect her to do? Just let him explode along with them and Krypton itself? She could have chosen to have her last moments with her baby in her arms, and yet she didn't.

That's an act of sheer, unconditional love. Even Martha had acknowledged that, even she couldn't imagine the pain that Lara had gone through by sending off her son.

There's no reason why Clark couldn't love both of his mothers, and have their own special place in his life instead of making it as a Lara vs. Martha thing.
          Gad, I am in agreement with Seacrystal, will wonders never cease?

Comment

He's too stubborn basically.

Comment

Doesn't matter how cruel and sadistic the AI is...If this was the first time sure...but really its what number 3 or 4 now? AI jor-el hasn't really been wrong so far, and the consequences have always sucked.

And really you know your mom sent you away...you know that Zor-el can make duplicates...why would you release it?

There was no logic behind it.

Comment

I agree; Clark just can't seem to learn anyting. Clark apparently doesn't become super intelligent until after his training with his father. Jor-El's true mission is to help Clark fullfill his destiny and become the "protector" of Earth; then his son will pick up the "torch" and protect others. Jor-El's mission isn't to look after his son so his son can become an "organic farmer" or a father which in the comics was impossible except for with one female named Maxima. Until Clark becomes Superman - Jor-El's #1 priority is to make Clark become a man/hero. I truly don't blame Jor-El for wanting to punish Clark. Clark always thinks badly about Jor-El despite what everyone else who has met his father tells him AND Clark still never takes his father's advice after all these years. Season 2 = Martha's miscarriage due to Clark's actions, Season 4 = Clark doesn't retrieve the crystals until the second meteor storm arrives, arriving only to blame Jor-El for it.Season 5 = Clark doesn't return to the FOS at dusk after rescuing Chloe therefore becomes mortal and dies not too soon after forcing Jor-El to use Jonathan's life force to bring Clark back to life, also in Season 5; Clark doesn't kill Lex after he acquires Kryptonian powers, and instead releases Zod by destroying Fine with the dagger, which results Zod being restored to "physical state" and Zob being released upon Earth but not before Clark being exiled to the PZ and the FOS losing it's power and Jor-El's ability to look after his son. Season 6 = Clark avoids coming to the fortress to try to help his father come back after the fortress is almost destroyed. Then also Clark "allows" the last wraith to use Clark's DNA to become stronger than Clark is: what Jor-El told MM was his fear according to the MM.
                - Clark never listens to Jor-El even when Jor-El gives Clark advice on what to do trying to spare Clark before he makes mistakes. Showing Jor-El that Clark believes he is smarter than his father; then after Clark realizes he SHOULD have listened to Jor-El. Clark comes crawling back to Jor-El begging him to fix his mess.

That's what upset me about the Season 5 storyline involving Jonathan's death; after Lana died; Jor-El told Clark that it is natural for humans to eventually die, but Clark couldn't bear to lose Lana. I only believe Jor-El allowed Clark to go back to fix it, because Jor-El either rememberd Louise from Season 3 "Relic" or Jor-El believed that if Lana did in fact die, the damage to his son would be irreparable. Then after the second time through after Jonathan dies, Clark brings his adoptive father's body to the FOS demanding the same thing showing that Clark probably would have gone through the same process hundreds of times until someone died he would be willing to sacrifice.

Then after this episode Clark comes to Jor-El with nothing but praise for Jor-El trying to get his father's help to fix another mistake that Clark caused. Then Jor-El states quite plainly something all of us fans who have been watching the show from the beginning know already: Kal El you don't seem to learn any lessons from your past mistakes. Something we all know: Clark never seems to learn anything!! Not even after Jonathan's death he still hasn't learned. Jor-El has every right not to help his son find Kara. For once Clark should have to fix his own mistake and find Kara himself.

BTW - I don't really blame Clark on most of these mistakes he has made especially some of the things Jor-El has done to him in the past; however I for some reason tend to really like Jor-El almost as much as Superman. After this episode I just really sympathized with Jor-El for not helping Clark out of this situation. Let Clark learn that his actions have consequences not only on himself but on others and his father: Jor-El can't just click the RESTART button every time; so Clark can get it right the second time. Teaching Clark that he is going to have to make the right decision the first time. Jor-El is trying to teach his son the lessons of the hero that you may make mistakes however you have to face the consequences of those mistakes thereby growing from them so as not to make that same mistake. AND the people you love will eventually die which Clark still doesn't grasp. Even in Season 1 "Hourglass" the vision showed Clark alone in a graveyard. Clark has known since the first Season that he will always be alone in some respect except for his biological father & mother. His actions show that he couldn't give a damn about his biological father.

REMEMBER- This would be how a human father would interpret these actions by a son; and Clark prides himself on his human emotions so he should have to suffer the consequences of his actions if he were human. Which I think Jor-El is doing to him. I believe that Jor-El simply stated to Clark, I won't help you find Kara" - learn from your mistakes and then the white light just teleported Clark back to Smallville.
                Last edited by Titan27; 11-18-2007, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Well Said

I just hope that this time Clark has the consequence himself. The problem is 4 me is that someone else pays the price (Martha, Lana and Jonathan) and Clark doesn't seem 2 learn from that. Or if he does its a 5 sec. lesson before he forgets it and he just gets angry at Jor-El. Hopefully this time he has 2 face the consequence himself like all humans usually do. He made the mistake, he should pay 4 it, not someone else, maybe that will finally teach him something.

Comment

Seriously.... I haven't seen any incarnation like Smallville that made Clark seem so dumb.

It's like he has a retrograde learning deficiency.

Comment

It's so sad,it could have been such a good episode,for once it focused on Clark but,the boy sucked.He was dump,selfish and stubborn.How many times,Clark will not listen to his father's warnings?When will he understand that the man is not his ennemi that he is looking out for him.
                      Last edited by Sweetie; 11-19-2007, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
                        Clark's truly autistic !! Look at all the things that Jor-El have warned about, yet he doesn't listen. I think he got a whole lot dumber ever since Martha left! Just kidding, there's no correlation to that. On the other hand, Kara blindnessly trusted her father but that's an exception coz Kara grew up w/ her dad. She wanted to give her dad a 2nd try so then...

Also look at kara's reaction when she found out Clark released his mama from the crystal. Kara's prolly like: U're the dumbest sh!t ever u dumb autistic little man!

Damn u Clark, why are you so SLOW?
                        I'm autistic (Asperger's) and I'm light-years ahead of Clark; while we have trouble with the social aspects, we learn from mistakes in life (ignoring socially) and usually are very good about following instructions.

Clark's just plain stupid

Comment

Re: What is wrong with Clark? A rant.

Originally posted by CountryGirl84
                          So Kryptonians are supposed to be super intelligent beings and such and Clark... just really isn't... Seriously what would explain the poor interpersonal skills and why he sucks at relationships? SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE BOY! As pointed out by Jor-el of the fortress, he's disobeyed him time and time again only to have the same results, something really bad happens when he doesn't listen and then he gets the *dun dun dun* CONSEQUENCES from Jor-el handed to him on top of that. Loss of powers, dead father, blah blah blah. When is he going to learn?!

And lets not even get started on how a clone of his mother who was only born 15 minutes earlier could see right into Lana's soul when the man who is supposed to love her can't see past her eyelashes...
                          Evidently in Smallville's interpretation, Kryptonians are a lot like humans but only think they are superior to humans because they've gathered greater knowlege of the universe and under our sun they are more powerful.

Comment

Re: Re: What is wrong with Clark? A rant.

Originally posted by Radioflyer
                            Evidently in Smallville's interpretation, Kryptonians are a lot like humans but only think they are superior to humans because they've gathered greater knowlege of the universe and under our sun they are more powerful.
                            Well, it has also already been established that Clark has a super-memory; remember that episode with the invisible kid that used that green flower? Can't remember the name, obviously I don't have super memory

Comment

thatīs what I first asked myself: when is the stupid Clark going to learn, always he has disobeyed Jor-elīs warnings he always scrubes it all. , even about his little evil b**ch, Jor-el has told him already sheīs not his destiny and the Clark goes to scrub it all again.

Comment

Jor-El just needs to throw Clark 10 years into the future and show him where he has to be, even if he has to reprogram him as Kal-El again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎