No announcement yet.

What is wrong with Clark? A rant.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with Clark? A rant.

So Kryptonians are supposed to be super intelligent beings and such and Clark... just really isn't... Seriously what would explain the poor interpersonal skills and why he sucks at relationships? SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE BOY! As pointed out by Jor-el of the fortress, he's disobeyed him time and time again only to have the same results, something really bad happens when he doesn't listen and then he gets the *dun dun dun* CONSEQUENCES from Jor-el handed to him on top of that. Loss of powers, dead father, blah blah blah. When is he going to learn?!

And lets not even get started on how a clone of his mother who was only born 15 minutes earlier could see right into Lana's soul when the man who is supposed to love her can't see past her eyelashes...
    Last edited by Randy G.; 11-14-2007, 11:37 PM.

you mad?

Comment

Clark's truly autistic !! Look at all the things that Jor-El have warned about, yet he doesn't listen. I think he got a whole lot dumber ever since Martha left! Just kidding, there's no correlation to that. On the other hand, Kara blindnessly trusted her father but that's an exception coz Kara grew up w/ her dad. She wanted to give her dad a 2nd try so then...

Also look at kara's reaction when she found out Clark released his mama from the crystal. Kara's prolly like: U're the dumbest sh!t ever u dumb autistic little man!

Damn u Clark, why are you so SLOW?

Comment

[Mod Note:] Let's tone it down with the autism & retardation comments.
        As you can see, I've edited the thread title already.

Comment

My bad dude!

Comment

That's okay. I know it wasn't meant in an offensive manner, but we still have to enforce the rules.

BTW - I agree, even though he's physically maturing, Clark doesn't really seem to be taking many steps forward in the mental, or emotional areas. I think he still needs Martha around for good advice.
            Plus, I'd be looking over my shoulder on a daily basis if I was stupid enough to piss Jor-El off.

Comment

I agree that the writing is abysmally bad, and that the writers/producers do everything to mock and damage the character of Clark Kent. Shame on them! But can you really hold it against Clark that he wants to meet his real mom, just for once?

Comment

I think AI Jor-El comes across as a cold, sadistic b*st*rd. I really have no problems with Clark not blindly following him. Yes, Clark may have acted emotionally in this episode, but I can't really blame him for wanting the chance to meet his mother, and reacting when her voice is calling out to him for help. That might be one of Clark's weaknesses, that he can't ignore a call for help like that, but its a flaw I hope he never completely loses.

And the ending of this episode just seems, IMO, like its going to give Clark MORE of a reason to hate Jor-El, and rebel against him and his lessons and consequences. That last scene is like something out of an after school special, where the abusive father is approaching his son about to do something horrible to him.

AlMiles seem to have serious father issues

Clark is going to make mistakes. As Clark Kent, in the future as Superman. He's never going to be mistake-free. And he's always going to think with his heart. Thats just who the character is. And going by SV, and its Bizarro version of Jor-El, he sure isn't going to be learning compassion and heroism from dead daddy.

And Clark would already be up their training if Jor-El hadn't turned him around and sent him back to babysit Kara.

Comment

I've watched some clips of the episode, and I gotta say Clark is a very slow learner. I know that Jor-El's approach isn't exactly right, but I don't know what would I do as a parent with a kid so stubborn as Clark.

Comment

I will try to watch the language-but, yes he is from a planet that has mastered space travel for centuries. He was brought up on earth but he has it in his genes. Like the old joke-Cal El was holding the door when brains were being given out. Clark at the very least should have been one of the smarter ones in high school, skipping a few grades, etc. People ragged when Kara was able to hack into the government website and told Jimmy she covered the trail so it would not get back to him. But she should have the capabilities. Clark needs Chloe-(I know it is a plot thing, but she could be used as a sidekick in another way.) Kyrton, if it was filled with Clark types would have never mastered space travel-blowing up the planet, yes, space travel no.

Comment

His brains and hormones are playing a seriously involved tournament of ping pong.

Comment

Originally posted by xaosthry
                        His brains and hormones are playing a seriously involved tournament of ping pong.
                        Heh that reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry's brain and umm "Jerry Jr." are playing a game of chess. Same for Clark, except they're playing a heated game of ping pong!

Comment

Just because he's from Krypton dose'nt make him smart. I'm sure there where dumb a$$es on krytpon just like there's dumb a$$es on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
                            Just because he's from Krypton dose'nt make him smart. I'm sure there where dumb a$$es on krytpon just like there's dumb a$$es on earth.
                            Yeah, but his isn't some random Kryptonian dude. This is supposed to become Superman in the future. I'm not comic literate, but is Superman this slow or dumb in the comics?

Comment

Yet again Clark managed to piss me off....... I can't believe how stupid he can be. His own father tells him over and over and over again not to do it.... yet he does it.......

I hope for gods sake that Jor El gives him a punishment he has never ever ever felt before....... why don't we start with giving Clark his powers back and release all the phantoms then Jor El disables the FOS and teleports Lana Chloe Jimmy Martha lionel and LAAAANEE to the phantomzone..... that should make him learn or ? *naah I dont think so the first thing Clark would do is telling the Phantoms where to find FOS.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎