No announcement yet.

Chole =Jealousy or loyalty?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chole =Jealousy or loyalty?

So I can't decide. When Chloe threatened Lana was it done truly for one or the other. The Chlarker in me says its Jealousy and that she sees a way to split them up. Not that some of it isn't that she is worried about Clark. The other side of me says she is over Clark and this is purely a matter of having her best friends back. Any thoughts?

Im dyslexic, hower its been fixed :P
    Loyalty, she is over him and she is only looking out for him.
    0%
    Jealousy, she still has a thing for him and wants Lana out of the way.
    0%
    Both, she still has a deep seeded feeling for him and she wants to protect him.
    0%
    Other
    0%

Chole?

Comment

I think it's more out of loyalty to Clark.

Chloe has grown up a lot since high school. She wouldn't go to Lana and try to split up her and Clark. Otherwise she would have done that in season five.

Clark will always hold a special place in her heart, but Chloe has moved on. This was just a matter of telling of her best friend for doing something wrong.

Comment

Aside from Clark. Chloe is the most heroic figure in Smallville and of all Clark's friends the best, she was acting in Clark's best interest and by extension, the World's, Lana had proven by her actions that she is a dangerous, self-centered, vindictive, untrustworthy little *****, a menace to herself and to everyone around her, not for what she did to Lex, he had it coming, but what she did to Grant and Lois, the fact that she had Clark's great powers and instead of trying to do something good or constructive, she used them for revenge, that she would have hurt Clark to get what she wanted, instead of studying them to see just how Clark felt and acted on some occasions, she could think of nothing except to abuse them, the finial scene with silent pause in it spoke volumes, Clark was at last seeing Lana for the first time, as was Chloe was seeing her as she really is.

Comment

Chloe=loyalty to ClarkMan, she is a super girl.

Comment

I haven't seen any signs of jealousy this season. I did see a few last season, but very few since she was happy to be with Jimmy.

Comment

I think Chloe realizes how important Clark is and the pace at which Clark is moving. Chloe was there to witness the utter destruction the Phantom Zoners and Soldiers were capable of, and how Clark managed to stop them. She realized the threat they posed and how she was able to help Clark defeat them. Chloe obviously understands Clark more than Lana - and undertstands how Lana could directly or indirectly bring Clark down. Chloe understands there's more important things the world needs from Clark, and she isn't going to allow a girl (Lana), capable of murder, get in Clark's way.

Jealousy, no.
              Loyalty and understanding, yes.

Comment

I'm going to go with both.

Early season Chloe dealt with a lot of jealously and rejection. Her relationships with Lana & Clark suffered for it, as they should have for being so low in trying to hide their relationship from Chloe in the first place. From those initial relationship changes, Chloe learned that she could stay friends with both of them -and- help them with their relationship problems.

Don't ask me how Chloe can be so self sacrificing, she's a saint when it comes from denying her attraction to Clark and moving on with her life.

It seemed to me that tehre was a definite 'Oh no' reaction when Clark told her that he had told Lana his secret and she had kissed him in response. Lana went from being a confidante like herself to Clark's girlfriend, a role that Chloe seems to want.

She's not 'jealous' of Lana in that she wants to be Lana, envies her, any of that. Chloe wants Clark to love her, but doesn't seem hung up on the fact that he doesn't love her romantically. Not anything concrete, at least.

I still believe that Clark subconsciously loves Chloe romantically and despises the Jimmys of the world, but nothing will come of that.

Chloe is looking out for Clark and his secret- and if her 'best' friend threatens that, Chloe's loyalty to Clark wins out over any duty to Lana. Lana's proven in 'Promise' how much she values Chloe's safety, not that anyone but Lana knows it.

Comment

Loyalty. That's what Chloe's all about when it comes to Clark. She'll protect him no matter what.

Comment

I feel at this point, that Chloe is definitely loyal...especially with her having a meteor power.

Think about it, Clark has all these abilities, and for years he hid them from everyone for one reason or another, mostly to protect those he loved but also so that he wouldn't accidentally be found out by the wrong person and become some science experiment.

Now Chloe has her own ability, which she obviously doesn't like, but I'm thinking she now has an idea (albeit a very small one) what it was like for Clark all this time. So far he's the only one that knows about it. I feel as though this strengthens their bond and loyalty. Remembering the events in the season 6 episode "Freak", what could happen to her is I'm sure, all too fresh in her mind.

So, considering all this, it's no wonder Chloe reacted like she did when she confronted Lana. Lana always complained that Clark was never honest with her, then he finally was. Now when it was her turn to do the same, it didn't seem to happen. I think Chloe was realizing this too.

I feel Chloe's way past the jealousy thing, especially after Jimmy, and especially after the last episode.

Comment

i'd say about 90% loyalty and 10% jealousy. he is superman after all; what woman would be able to get over him completely and only see him as her bff. if he ever made to get w/ chloe i think she would say yes to him. in previous seasons the percentages would have been much closer to half and half, but she has moved on from pining over clark. i do like the point WickedJenn made about the meteor freak stuff; i was thinking the same thing b/c now she understands clark on a different level.

Comment

There had been many times that Chloe could have ran to Clark and told on Lana out of jealousy. She didn't.
                        When Clark doubts Lana, Chloe was always the first one to talk to him about his relationship with her and try to help him with hit.
                        Chloe's leads her life with her heart and that is so admirable.
                        When she was talking to Lana she wasn't mean or rude about it either. More like a friendly reminder.

She loves him there is no doubt about that yet, manages to keep herself in check for the greater good. (or being a cheerleader for Clana?? -though she may need to rethink that. hehe)

Comment

Originally posted by xaosthry
                          There had been many times that Chloe could have ran to Clark and told on Lana out of jealousy. She didn't.
                          When Clark doubts Lana, Chloe was always the first one to talk to him about his relationship with her and try to help him with hit.
                          Chloe's leads her life with her heart and that is so admirable.
                          When she was talking to Lana she wasn't mean or rude about it either. More like a friendly reminder.

She loves him there is no doubt about that yet, manages to keep herself in check for the greater good. (or being a cheerleader for Clana?? -though she may need to rethink that. hehe)
                          I agree with that as well, especially the part about her not running to Clark with all the Lana things.

Comment

Okay.

I found the perfect vid that shows the weird 'love possibility' for Chloe. Its from Clark's perspective, but does it support her love for Clark and represent jealousy, or just loyalty?

You Tube- "Always" - Blink-182

Comment

I agree with this whole heartedly...

Originally posted by CDLBLUE
                              Aside from Clark. Chloe is the most heroic figure in Smallville and of all Clark's friends the best, she was acting in Clark's best interest and by extension, the World's, Lana had proven by her actions that she is a dangerous, self-centered, vindictive, untrustworthy little *****, a menace to herself and to everyone around her, not for what she did to Lex, he had it coming, but what she did to Grant and Lois, the fact that she had Clark's great powers and instead of trying to do something good or constructive, she used them for revenge, that she would have hurt Clark to get what she wanted, instead of studying them to see just how Clark felt and acted on some occasions, she could think of nothing except to abuse them, the finial scene with silent pause in it spoke volumes, Clark was at last seeing Lana for the first time, as was Chloe was seeing her as she really is.
                              I agree with this whole heartedly. Lana is a manipulitive person and has taken advantage of Clark. So also takes advantage of Chloe too. So, Chloe know the true Lana and is looking out for Clark in loyalty and a little bit of jealousy.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎