TV Ratings for Blue

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly Betty and My Name is Earl/30Rock are kicking the **** out of Smallville. It was suicide for them to move it from Wednesday Night's to Thursdays.

It seems like they are just going threw the motions with this show. I won't be surprised if it doesn't come back next season.

Comment

SV's ratings are the same as they were last year when they brought it back. It's also the CW's #1 scripted program.

You can't expect it to do better than shows on the "Big Three."

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        That number doesn't include the Live+7 numbers does it? I'm sure it'll go up a bit with those.

Have all of the shows that have the Live+7 numbers been posted? That would give us a better ideal if the total was looking better.

Take Care,

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by superman79
          What Mythos stuff.....nothing in this last season even smells of Superman mythos and there hasn't been a good ep yet IMO
          Mythos, hmm, what is Superman mythos and this season?

Let's see:

Bizarro, Kara, Lara, Jor-El, Zor-El, the cape reference in action, the sun stuff and Martian Manhunter in Bizarro, Lois Lane at the Daily Planet. The list could go on and on, and you'll find that we have a large number of people willing and ready to disagree with you, even people who hated the (wonderful) second half of Season 6.

Ugly Betty and My Name is Earl/30Rock are kicking the **** out of Smallville. It was suicide for them to move it from Wednesday Night's to Thursdays.
          Smallville, nor any other show on The CW, WILL NEVER compete with ABC, CBS, or NBC.

And when they moved Smallville to Thursday nights, there were headlines galore about Smallville showing renewed strength on it's new night, so no, the move was not suicide, it was probably the best move they ever made, timeslot wise.

Comment

Smallville is great compared to other shows on the CW. Gossip Girl premiered with 2.5 million viewers and that hasn't improved much. Frankly I'm surprised it got picked up for a whole season.
            So if Smallville gets cancelled, it won't be because of ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by theotherJane
              Smallville is great compared to other shows on the CW. Gossip Girl premiered with 2.5 million viewers and that hasn't improved much. Frankly I'm surprised it got picked up for a whole season.
              So if Smallville gets cancelled, it won't be because of ratings.
              More than likely it will be because of Dawn Ostroff's completely irrational dislike of the show and the writer's strike. I don't think it will get cancelled, though. Even Dawn can't be dumb enough to throw away her best rated show.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                More than likely it will be because of Dawn Ostroff's completely irrational dislike of the show and the writer's strike. I don't think it will get cancelled, though. Even Dawn can't be dumb enough to throw away her best rated show.
                She said the same thing about One Tree Hill. After last season's finale, the future of that show was up in the air, there have been countless articles written about her absolutely despising everything about it, and it got picked up for a 5th season.

Comment

I really want to know what that woman did to manage to get such a powerful position in the network. She makes horrible decisions and seems to prefer programming aimed at 12 year old girls. I miss The WB.

Comment

Do we have a final count or are we still waiting?

Comment

Live+SD is 4.513 million. Live+7Day won't be out until next week. Live+7 for "Wrath" should be out today or tomorrow, I think.

Comment

Is it me or are ratings this year better than last season???

Comment

Originally posted by superman79
                          What Mythos stuff.....nothing in this last season even smells of Superman mythos and there hasn't been a good ep yet IMO
                          Agreed. This show is a mis-mash of conflicting ideas and bad plot developments.

Comment

i think bizarro and cure were the only good episodes but other than those i have to agree with MP. this season isnt all that great.

Comment

Live+7 for "Lara" (Oct 29-Nov.4) 4.75
                              Live+SD 4.38
                              Live 4.03

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                                Smallville, nor any other show on The CW, WILL NEVER compete with ABC, CBS, or NBC.
                                Exactly. The CW Network is aware of that, I'm sure, and has always been aware of that. That's why they consider any show's ratings above 4 million+ as a sign that it's doing great. Personally, they should've picked up Mercy Reef, Everwood, and Reba (not that I enjoyed Reba, but it was their strongest show on Fridays) instead of dumping them. If they did that, then maybe they'd actually have better numbers because all of those shows were, and could've been, so much better than the tripe they've filled their schedule with.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎