No announcement yet.

Mama Petrelli Power?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
    A lot of people have that. And without abilities.
    A lot of people are excellent at remembering stuff (a la Charlie), but we wouldn't assume them to be mutants or something.
    Point is, there would be obviously something different about Ma Patrelli's type of persuasion compared to anyone else's.

Comment

Angela most likely has a power and it seems to be something like persuasion. Different than Eden's though, because it seems like Angela needs to be touching her target.

I'm almost certain that both of the Patrelli parents have/had powers. In all of the cases where we know both of an evolved human's parents, both of the parents have powers. I'm also almost certain that Angela is Hiro's mother.

Oh, and all of the group of twelve have powers also

Comment

It's been stated in the online comics, Papa Patrelli had no powers. The supposition that both parents have to have powers for the kid to is fairly rediculous as genetics just don't work that way. Hiro looks to be 100 percent japanese to me, I don't think theres any way Mama P could possibly be his Mama.

Comment

Where was it stated that he didn't have powers his whole life? I believe you are referring to the comic of Aurthur and Daniel in Vietnam. He may have not known that he had powers then, but that doesn't mean he didn't realize it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Matro
            Where was it stated that he didn't have powers his whole life? I believe you are referring to the comic of Aurthur and Daniel in Vietnam. He may have not known that he had powers then, but that doesn't mean he didn't realize it later.
            I'll give you that, it is possible he found his later on, particularly given the comment Linderman made about him. However, not all heroes have to be born from two heroes...if that were the case from whence would have come the first hero? Or the second? And if they were both male for instance, or if they just didn't happen to 'hook up' and make a baby then there would never have been any further heroes following your theory on it. Genetics just doesn't work that way.

Comment

Oh!I don't think Angela is Hiro's mother either.She has enough problems with her those 2 sons

Just because she had a romance with Hiro's father that doesn't mean that she is his mother.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                However, not all heroes have to be born from two heroes...if that were the case from whence would have come the first hero? Or the second? And if they were both male for instance, or if they just didn't happen to 'hook up' and make a baby then there would never have been any further heroes following your theory on it. Genetics just doesn't work that way.
                I don't think that has to be the case either. It just greatly increases the chances of the child having powers, possibly all the way to 100% chance.

I believe the group of twelve knew those chances and carried out instances of selective breeding, in order to carry on the evolution. This may be one of the "dark secrets" in the Petrelli family.

Hiro looking 100% japanese is Masi Oka's doing

Comment

If the Hero gene is recessive, it would be possible for both Angela and Daddy Patrelli to have it and pass it on to their children without expressing any power themselves. The odds for Nathan and Peter to have a power in that case would be about 1 in 4 for each of them. So it's somewhat unlikely for both boys to have a power if both parents don't, but it's possible, assuming the powers are carried through the genome. (I don't think the blather about "genetic evolution" being responsible for these powers makes much real scientific sense, but that's not the question here)

That said, I still think Angela has a power, and it's probably a very well developed one. She hasn't shown it onscreen yet because there hasn't been any need for her to do that, and the writers are waiting for the right moment.

Comment

Perhaps she has shown it on screen, we just don't it yet.

Comment

Mello Penello is right, there is no physical evidence yet. BUT, she has constantly refferred to herself belonging to this group of evolved humans (they'll find out about us meaning a group containing both her and Parkman Jr.) And their just has to be a reason for the odd closeups in that scene in FMG.

My theory about her power is essentially the same as the original poster's. As for the group of 12, I think that 9 of them have powers, as the writers last season kept dropping hints that the number 9 was very important, told us that the Indian legend of the 9 was important, and the camera focussing on the nine of Maury's apartment. I'd like to think that Pa Petrelli has no power, due to the online comic mentioned, but admit that it doesn't rule out that he developed one in the future.

Comment

its impossible for ma petrelli to be hiro's mother. a teenager might be able to hide her pregnancy but a married adult women can not, especially with 2 sons home. they would know if their mother had another kid.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_girl
                          its impossible for ma petrelli to be hiro's mother. a teenager might be able to hide her pregnancy but a married adult women can not, especially with 2 sons home. they would know if their mother had another kid.
                          It could have been masked as a miscarriage or she could have taken a year long vacation. There are a few different ways it could have happened.

Comment

Give it up, there is just no way Mamma P is Hiro's mother, it's pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                              Give it up, there is just no way Mamma P is Hiro's mother, it's pretty ridiculous.
                              I really don't think it's ridiculous but I can understand how you could think that.

When Angela was being interrogated for Mr. Nakamura's death, she implied that they had a physical relationship in the past. Hiro's sister doesn't have power as far as we know and it has never been implied that she does. In the first season, when Mr. Nakamura was training Hiro with the sword, he said that he had been waiting a long time for one of his children to ascend. This means that this was a trait that he wanted to pass down his bloodline, he may have gone to Angela for help.

They were both in the group of twelve, formed to find others with power. Doesn't seem far fetched to me that they would go to great lengths to carry on this evolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎