About DL's Death .....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy G.
    No!
    This was done to stop the chance of a ton of duplicate threads popping up about DL dying. I already merged one into your thread.

BTW..... Your mailbox is full Ginx!
    R.G.
    ha! I knew it was you!! lol

And of course my mailbox is full - it's always full lol..... [smacks head] lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
      And of course my mailbox is full - it's always full lol..... [smacks head] lol
      Same here. I'm really getting tired of guys wanting to "get to know me."

Comment

I agree, Nikki should have torn that punk to shreds.

Comment

Yeah...or DL should have phased the instant he saw a gun.

Seriously, he started out Season 1 with arguably the most control over his power (at least, of his generation) and he can't know to phase when he sees a gun? Last season Jessica had to snipe him. Now anyone with a handgun can surprise him.

Comment

Lamest death scene ever!

Comment

The way DL dies is the dumbest sh!t I've ever seen. WUT THE FU@K was that? Who wrote this stupid Heroes script? Just kidding. But still, bad writing on DL's death!!

Comment

I was so pissed about that, it was the only low point of the whole thing for me. I can only hope there's a reason they didn't show DL actually dying, although it seems pretty clear that he's six feet under, so I don't know what that would be. I enjoyed all the stuff leading up to it, but that was just a terrible scene.

Comment

I was trying to guess how he died.

"Hmmm. Bob kills him since Jessica doesn't
                  agree for help?"

No.

"He dies in the line of duty."

No.

"Jessica's new personality kills him suddenly?"

No.

Then he gets axed by some ugly punk with a gun.
                  Sure it was lame, but at least none of us saw it coming.

Shame. I kinda sorta liked DL. Not a lot, but he was
                  more tolerable then Jessica.

Comment

Though I'm not happy he died, I AM happy it wasn't predictable.
                    It was abrupt, & completely without warning, just like real death can sometimes be.
                    It caught me off guard. Especially the bloodspatter.

Comment

Very lame death for DL, no question about that.

You'd think they'd come up with a more clever way for DL to die than something he could have easily avoided if he simply had his power turned on at the time, which of course he didn't because he got punked.

Why did they make him survive at first at all? His extended life didn't seem to serve any purpose at all. They could have at least fed him to Sylar, at least then his delicious power could live on in somebody besides Peter. lol

The way he died wasn't boring, but it also wasn't the smartest.
                      Last edited by Xanderman; 11-13-2007, 02:45 AM.

Comment

It was a sad way to go...

Comment

Someone mentioned before how the scene was shot - how they dont really show DL getting killed. Makes it a little suspicious as to whether he's really dead or alive somewhere hiding out. Maybe that organization (Bob) got to DL at the hospital and fixed it so Niki could think he's really dead. That way she'd be easier to manipulate.

On the other hand - it would be cool if Niki's powers included collecting personalities... like since DL died she inherited him somehow and he really is another one of her personalities and not just her imagining that he's there. That'd be something.

Comment

I agree with you, Spicyblarck. A very sad and unpredictable way od dying. It caught everybody by surprise, Nikky too. The guy took the gun out so fast that DL didn't have the time to start phasing. And Nikki was way too shocked and high to beat the crap out of the killer.

A lot of people complain about the fact that DL didn't phase. It seemed obvious to me why he didn't. His mind or sixth sense (or whatever triggered his phasing ability when needed) didn't sense how dangerous the situation was, thus slowing down his reflexes. He did phase when the killer tried to punch him in the disco, because he was expecting it, but after that he lowered his guard because of talking to Nikki and thinking the guy wanted to punch him again. Unfortunately he was wrong...

Comment

yeah I agree it wasn't a very exciting way of dying

but DL's death was still full of meaning

and I really got the effect of it. I mean...he took the risk of running into a burning building to save a strangers child (even thought he could phase)

and he took the risk of going to some random club to get his wife. he himself understood what she or Jessica is capable of.

I think it was mainly over confidence

great day at work, your son idolizes you and you successful get your multi personality wife back without her throwing you into a wall

its a sad way to go after so much he's been through. Sad in terms of emotion, not in terms of how he died

but this is in my opinion.

I speculate niki couldnt do anything because she was drugged...wasn't she like...doing Coke or something? though coke is more of a stimulant..i guess there's a loophole

my 2cents

Comment

His extended life seemed to serve little purpose, except to introduce another lame personality...and I suppose explain why Nikki went to the Company...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎