Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville DVD/Blu-ray Discussion (All Seasons)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i found this in a thrift store. im just trying to figure out where it came from. google isn't being any help, so i figured someone on here could help me out?
    the latest date on it is 2003.
    Barcode is RAY-74239156165
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20171001_223519.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	6628618 Click image for larger version

Name:	20171001_222145.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	6628617
    Thanks!

Comment

• It looks like something they might have done for video stores to rent episodes. The weirdest is that it says 1, 2, 3, 4 but clearly it wouldn't have discs going through to Season 4 if it was made in 2003.

But then again... Smallville itself might not have been on disc by that time in 2003... I *think* Season 1 hit DVD in late 2003, but by that time they were still over a year behind back then, aside from the one-disc pilot DVD that came out in Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSiteTV
        I *think* Season 1 hit DVD in late 2003, but by that time they were still over a year behind back then, aside from the one-disc pilot DVD that came out in Canada.
        Season 1 was released on Sep 23, 2003 in the US.

Comment

• The first season I ever saw of Smallville is Season 1 on DVD in 10th grade by my good friend Amber. We used to talk about the show at school and fan girl over Tom Welling. Along with some more friends of mine. I remember friend of mine that messed with witches and practiced witchcraft and she remember the episode where Clark was throwed into the furnace agreed plus and he survived. He came out naked and my friend family member walked and said what are you looking at and she said that naked man on tv. LOL! I agreed Tom is very attractive.

Comment

• Season 8 is still my favorite cover.

Comment

• I have been collecting DVDs since 2000 or 2001. It's a bit foggy.

In 2005 I moved into my current apartment. Today I found this picture from 2006:

If you look closely, you can see the first 4 seasons of Smallville in the shelf under the truck.

Since then, my collection has grown quite a bit, especially in the Smallville department.

Due to various reasons I now have 41 seasons of this 10-season-show.

All pictures can be seen here: http://doena-journal.net/en/my-dvds

Comment

• Its official - WB has announced a full, Complete Series Blu-Ray set for Smallville! YAY!!!

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release on Blu-ray Smallville: The Complete Series. The box set will be available for purchase on October 19.

Studio description: The groundbreaking, Emmy-winning 10-season hit that redefined the origins of the world's greatest super hero is all here – from Krypton refugee Kal-El's arrival on Earth through his tumultuous teen years to Clark Kent's final steps toward embracing his destiny as the Man of Steel. Relive a decade's worth of thrills in fantastic adventures full of action, heart and humor in abundance, all anchored by the marvelous performance of Tom Welling at its center. Savor again the series' thoughtful and imaginative integration and reinvention of the iconic characters of DC lore. And let your spirits be lifted up, up and away.

Starring Tom Welling as "Clark Kent," Allison Mack as "Chloe Sullivan," Kristin Kreuk as "Lana Lang," Michael Rosenbaum as "Lex Luthor," John Glover as "Lionel Luthor," Erica Durance as "Lois Lane," Annette O'Toole as "Martha Kent," John Schneider as "Jonathan Kent," Justin Hartley as "Oliver Queen," Sam Jones III as "Pete Ross," Cassidy Freeman as "Tess Mercer," Aaron Ashmore as "Jimmy Olsen," Eric Johnson as "Whitney Fordman," Laura Vandervoort as "Kara," Callum Blue as "Zod," Jensen Ackles as "Jason Teague" and Sam Witwer as "Davis Bloome," Smallville has also featured many notable guest stars including Terence Stamp, James Marsters, Michael McKean, Ian Somerhalder, Jane Seymour, Brian Austin Green, Pam Grier, Helen Slater, Michael Ironside, Julian Sands, Tori Spelling, Rutger Hauer and Christopher Reeve.

Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Based on DC Comics characters, Smallvillewas developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar. Its executive producers have included Michael Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola, Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, James Marshall, Brian Peterson, Kelly Souders, Todd Slavkin, Darren Swimmer, Greg Beeman, Ken Horton and Tom Welling. The series is from Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television.

MORE THAN 28 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES

The Adventures of Superboy – The original 1961 pilot starring John Rockwell.
                A Retrospective Look at the Series' 10-Year Journey – Anin-depth, season-by-season look at the creation of this landmark television series. Highlights include interviews with Tom Welling, Eric Durance, Michael Rosenbaum, Phil Morris, John Schneider and many more, as well as rare behind-the-scenes footage.
                A Decade of Comic-Con Featurette
                Paley Festival Featurette
                Smallville's 100th Episode: Making of a Milestone – An extended version of the original featurette included in the Season 5 set.
                Secret Origin:The American Story of DC Comics – A feature length documentary chronicling DC's 75 years of challenges, creativity, and triumph.
                Audio Commentaries, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Gag Reels,Behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more from all 10 seasons!

Comment

• Originally posted by moviefan2k4
                  Its official - WB has announced a full, Complete Series Blu-Ray set for Smallville! YAY!!!

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release on Blu-ray Smallville: The Complete Series. The box set will be available for purchase on October 19.

Studio description: The groundbreaking, Emmy-winning 10-season hit that redefined the origins of the world's greatest super hero is all here – from Krypton refugee Kal-El's arrival on Earth through his tumultuous teen years to Clark Kent's final steps toward embracing his destiny as the Man of Steel. Relive a decade's worth of thrills in fantastic adventures full of action, heart and humor in abundance, all anchored by the marvelous performance of Tom Welling at its center. Savor again the series' thoughtful and imaginative integration and reinvention of the iconic characters of DC lore. And let your spirits be lifted up, up and away.

Starring Tom Welling as "Clark Kent," Allison Mack as "Chloe Sullivan," Kristin Kreuk as "Lana Lang," Michael Rosenbaum as "Lex Luthor," John Glover as "Lionel Luthor," Erica Durance as "Lois Lane," Annette O'Toole as "Martha Kent," John Schneider as "Jonathan Kent," Justin Hartley as "Oliver Queen," Sam Jones III as "Pete Ross," Cassidy Freeman as "Tess Mercer," Aaron Ashmore as "Jimmy Olsen," Eric Johnson as "Whitney Fordman," Laura Vandervoort as "Kara," Callum Blue as "Zod," Jensen Ackles as "Jason Teague" and Sam Witwer as "Davis Bloome," Smallville has also featured many notable guest stars including Terence Stamp, James Marsters, Michael McKean, Ian Somerhalder, Jane Seymour, Brian Austin Green, Pam Grier, Helen Slater, Michael Ironside, Julian Sands, Tori Spelling, Rutger Hauer and Christopher Reeve.

Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Based on DC Comics characters, Smallvillewas developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar. Its executive producers have included Michael Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola, Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, James Marshall, Brian Peterson, Kelly Souders, Todd Slavkin, Darren Swimmer, Greg Beeman, Ken Horton and Tom Welling. The series is from Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television.

MORE THAN 28 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES

The Adventures of Superboy – The original 1961 pilot starring John Rockwell.
                  A Retrospective Look at the Series' 10-Year Journey – Anin-depth, season-by-season look at the creation of this landmark television series. Highlights include interviews with Tom Welling, Eric Durance, Michael Rosenbaum, Phil Morris, John Schneider and many more, as well as rare behind-the-scenes footage.
                  A Decade of Comic-Con Featurette
                  Paley Festival Featurette
                  Smallville's 100th Episode: Making of a Milestone – An extended version of the original featurette included in the Season 5 set.
                  Secret Origin:The American Story of DC Comics – A feature length documentary chronicling DC's 75 years of challenges, creativity, and triumph.
                  Audio Commentaries, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Gag Reels,Behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more from all 10 seasons!

It's about time! I Can't wait! Thought this would never happen. Been waiting 10 years for this, and several failed/rotted discs.

Comment

• The last 5 seasons came out on BluRay back in the day, but the first 5 never did. So that's great news and hopefully they remastered them as much as possible.

Hopefully this collection will be made available in Europe too. We never got the complete DVD collection back in the day, so the 90-minute retrospective has been a Holy Grail of sorts for European fans.

Comment

• I got my set from Amazon in the mail this morning, and all the discs are included, even the two bonus DVDs. So, it seems that WB has been working to fix the problem of missing discs on previously-sold sets. To that end, I say congrats to them for putting in the time and effort.

Comment

• I like how Warner Bros. is having a modern approach to "Smallville" by having Blu-ray availability for every episode. But I will still cherish my collection of "Smallville" episodes even though they are not in 1080p resolution. Sometimes companies upscale their videos to 1080p resolution rather than having full H.D. already. Which is why I am skeptical about the video quality from this complete set of "Smallville" in Blu-ray format. Upscaled videos are distorted. I know this because of me upscaling videos in the past. If any of you people can tell me if the complete set of "Smallville" in Blu-ray format has high quality videos, then please let me know here. But I don't want to watch distorted videos of "Smallville" that have been upscaled. I want them to be master copies of digital files that Warner Bros. originally had for "Smallville" episodes.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎