Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Clark ever really crossed the moral line to save someone?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Clark ever really crossed the moral line to save someone?

Lana told Clark that he can't say he's never crossed a moral line to save someone. But looking back has he really done that? He has lied a lot, but everyone lies. Even Superman lies. But I've never really felt Clark has ever really crossed a moral line, most of the time he's acted in self defense or the defense of others...

I don't think he has to the extent that she was willing to. But he's also been on the edge and willing to go that far before remembering what he stands for before. With Lana, though, she didn't pull back until someone (Clark) stopped her. I don't think he's ever been that far over the line. He has killed before, but has yet to do so on purpose.

Comment

I guess it depends on your definition of moral line. But that's a whole can of worms...

Comment

That whole conversation bothered me. The things that Lana did are not things Clark would do. When she said she wouldn't justify going to extremes to protect the person she loves... That's not something Clark would ever say. (Mostly because we've rarely seen him stand up like that except for Jor-El.) She did sound like Lex. She admitted she made a mess of things, but she wasn't even open to discussing it or the things she did wrong. And Clark just stood there and accepted all the responsibiltiy for it all. I am glad that after trying to lie, she finally admits she has to take responsibilities for the choices she's made in her life.

Comment

Never killed intentionally, I don't think. Hard to recall, with all the fights where the villain ended up dead, but Clark didn't kill them directly....

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo
            I am glad that after trying to lie, she finally admits she has to take responsibilities for the choices she's made in her life.
            But she's not taking responsibility. She's letting Clark, Lex, Lionel, and now Chloe, Lois and Grant cover up for crimes that should have her in jail! How is that taking responsibility?

Comment

Well what he did to help Pete in Velocity was against his moral code. Dante died, but that was his own fault for trying to kill Pete prompting Clark to pull the kryptofuel line and soak the road with it.

Though Pete learned after that one instance and didn't put Clark in that situation again. Instead he did something no other friend of his did and was almost killed by Agent Loder after refusing to tell him Clark's secret.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                Well what he did to help Pete in Velocity was against his moral code. Dante died, but that was his own fault for trying to kill Pete prompting Clark to pull the kryptofuel line and soak the road with it.

Though Pete learned after that one instance and didn't put Clark in that situation again. Instead he did something no other friend of his did and was almost killed by Agent Loder after refusing to tell him Clark's secret.
                that episode immediately came to mind during that conversation between clark and lana. but the thing is, clark did it very reluctantly, and he definitely let pete know that. Clark was quite upset that pete put him in that position.

Comment

clarke has only crossedthe line on red k otherwise no

Comment

Well... two instances spring to mind as candidates. I'm sure I could come up with several more if I tried.

1) Clark turns back time to save Lana, knowing somebody else will die instead. Seems to cross the moral line.

2) I realize this one is very random, but early on in the show, first season I believe, in the episode Rogue, Clark is invited to an art show in Metropolis. He steps out front for some air. He sees a bus hurdling towards a homeless man. The driver has had a heart attack I think. Clark stops the bus by planting his feet in the ground and letting it smash into him. The whole front end of the bus gets demolished. It's very difficult to believe that the bus driver wasn't killed instantly (assuming he'd survived the heart attack). And yes, random, but it does seem to cross the line.

Comment

#2 - the laws of physics don't work normally in Smallville, so that doesn't apply. Every time a Kryptonian sends someone flying they should be seriously injured or dead, they only end up unconscious without a concussion though.

Comment

Originally posted by migo
                        #2 - the laws of physics don't work normally in Smallville, so that doesn't apply. Every time a Kryptonian sends someone flying they should be seriously injured or dead, they only end up unconscious without a concussion though.
                        Oh don't worry, I QUITE agree with that one. I've gotten into several discussions on the matter. Clark moving at superspeed is not a guy moving fast, he is an invulnerable missile moving at many times the speed of sound, lol. In Rogue though, I wouldn't be talking about blunt force trauma. The whole front part of the bus got smashed in. Unless the bus driver was a latter day Mr. Fantastic who had fallen on some tough times, he was toast, no matter how they want to skew physics.

Comment

I recall a certain conversation last week where Clark tells Lex how he "hated that he had to kill so save lex", or something along those lines.

Comment

ah i remember that line, but can't place where it came from. the thing is, lana sets out to kill for what happened in the past, clark sets out to save to prevent the future. everytime he saves lex, which i've lost count now, although he doesn't like lex, you don't see him hesitate at all- nor did lana hesitate to advance on him wen he tried to stop her from killing lex. its sad that we've lost lana to darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                              I recall a certain conversation last week where Clark tells Lex how he "hated that he had to kill so save lex", or something along those lines.
                              It was in Cure. Clark believes he has killed Dr. Knox to save Lex. There is a big thread on whether that was moral or immoral in the Cure section.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎