No announcement yet.

I think "Wrath" was a great episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think "Wrath" was a great episode

This episode was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I was afraid it was going to be Lana doing something wrong and Clark giving her a free pass afterward. And that's not what this was. I really don't see why so many people are so angry about it, if you look at it, there was a lot of payoff for Clana fans and haters here.

Using the transfer method already established in "Leech" was a good idea, they didn't have to explain it all to us since we know how it works, so it keeps with the show's continuity. However I was a little annoyed where it happened. Clark has lived on that farm for years, why did he never feel that particular meteor rock before? It was too covienent. But it got the story rolling so...

I actually laughed out loud during the Clana sex. It was really funny and Clark's reaction to knowing Chloe and Lana talk about their sex life (or lack of sex life...) was priceless. I really enjoyed how Chloe and Clark didn't immediately trust Lana could handle the power. I'm sure neither realized how warped she was, but they recognized that Lana needed to be watched.

I was happy to hear Lionel's side of his telephone conversation to Martha. I'm happy she's not a "Pete Ross" and never mentioned again. Even Jonathan got a mention! She still exists in the SV universe, if only off-screen, now if only Clark would call her up...

I also noticed that Lionel, Chloe, Lex, and even Lana herself called Clark out on how when it comes to Lana he has blinders on. This is your Lana intervention Clark! I hope this will force Clark to really look at Lana from here on out, not the Lana he had a childhood crush on years ago. Judging from the conversation in the barn, he's really starting too, even expressing his doubt in her to her face. I did appreciate that they didn't make Clark a total BDA and we see that he admits he's felt Lana's been different since she came back, that she's darker, and that he just didn't want to admit it. We can judge him all we want, but denial is a very human reaction.

I like seeing Lana show her duplicitous side openly. The fact that she called Clark out was actually really good, it's something fans have said about it for years. And coming from her, it is causing Clark to look at himself twice of hard. It's sad that with Clark she always seems to try to keep up the appearance of a innocent Lana Lang, and that in the end of the episode she was truly herself with him in the barn.

I did expect her to lie and blame the powers, but it was really good that Clark doubted that and didn't just automatically forgive her as many of us feared. He wanted to, but this whole expierence and the revelation of her secrets has caused him to reconsider everything. It's also good that Clark, Lex, and Lana all recognize their blame in who Lana has turned into. I found it interesting to note that Clark was right, she really did sound like Lex at the end. And I didn't buy into Lana saying she also sounded like him. Because Clark never really tried to kill anyone to protect the people he loves. Also, it was also evident that it's not just about protecting Clark. A part of Lana wants revenge, pure and simple. She pretty much admitted it to Lex in the lab.

I literally cheered when Chloe basically told Lana to watch herself. She didn't come off as jealous or anything, that she only wants the best for Clark and she doubts that Lana is that. It didn't come off as anything but truthful, that Chloe is worried that Lana will unintentionally hurt Clark, and that she cares so much that she'll never let it get that far. I was so proud of Chloe at that moment, because she called Lana out in a very mature and honest fashion, despite their friendship. And that in being with Clark, she also has to accept the ethics he lives by and not kill.

Plus, Brainiac is on the loose!!

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the episode. We saw a lot of payoff for Clana fans and haters alike. Clark got a good slap in the face and has to really look at Lana now. Lana has truley been revealed to Clark and can no longer hide behind the memory of the person she was. Their relationship will progress with more honesty. We know their relationship going on a while longer, and this will be something that they need to learn to work though as most couples do when times are rough.

And Chloe was just amazing loyal as always.
    Last edited by MrZeppo; 11-08-2007, 09:47 PM.

This episode is GREAT
    Dark Lana >3

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎