No announcement yet.

How did Adam get to the future?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Adam get to the future?

Ok, I am amazed no one made a thread about this yet.

I mean yall assumed that he is immortal and doesn't age, so he simply lived for 400 years or so looking the same.

If that is true, then what's to stop him from changing history after Hiro teleported back to the future?

After he regenerated from being a piece of charcoal, he can just find Yaeko and kill her and her dad. Go get more guns and change the whole history. What's to stop him?

If someone is so bent on revenge, i doubt he's just gonna kick back for 400 years.

Someone or something brought him to the future. Otherwise there's a big loop hole somewhere.

I think it is because it was personal. Rather than just changing history and possibly making Hiro never exist, he decided to live it out and make Hiro truly suffer by getting to him once he'd already had the experiences with Yaeko.

Comment

Also, once the swordsmith and his daughter knew that he was evil, it wouldn't be that hard for them to hide from him...he's a white man in feudal japan...they can blend in, he really can't.

Comment

Originally posted by JudasAce
        Also, once the swordsmith and his daughter knew that he was evil, it wouldn't be that hard for them to hide from him...he's a white man in feudal japan...they can blend in, he really can't.
        he can put on the mask. who's gonna know.

also how is the legend of Kensei going to spread with Yaeko in hiding all day long?

besides, i think if i lived for 400 years, i won't care too much about someone cheating on my girlfriend 400 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by hansioux
          i think if i lived for 400 years, i won't care too much about someone cheating on my girlfriend 400 years ago.
          People are different

Comment

also how is the legend of Kensei going to spread with Yaeko in hiding all day long?

besides, i think if i lived for 400 years, i won't care too much about someone cheating on my girlfriend 400 years ago.
            Kensei obviously isn't a rational human being. I'd say 400 years of holding a grudge is probably both caused by his irrationality as well as contributed to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
              Kensei obviously isn't a rational human being. I'd say 400 years of holding a grudge is probably both caused by his irrationality as well as contributed to it.
              how did you reach the conclusion that he is not a rational human being? did it show him being irrational aside from holding a grudge against Hiro?

I think you are deriving this conclusion backwards.

From how he interacts with Peter, i'd say he doesn't seem irrational. Actually it seems like he is able to carry on great deal of planning.

Irrational would be more like Sylar, who doesn't really have a great deal of planning. Sylar's fixated on one thing, be more powerful, and that fixation becomes an impulse more than anything else.

If I have to fear someone, i'd be more fearful of Adam than Sylar. Because Adam isn't a single minded creature.

Comment

Irrational as in holding a grudge for 400 years over one woman, attempting to kill off the Heroes, and developing those little plans to "save the world". Remember, Linderman was his disciple, the plan to "blow up New York" in order to "save the world" was also in part Adam's. What have we seen to show that he is a rational person? Just because he can plot and scheme and act normal doesn't mean he's not bonkers.

Comment

I don't think the whole thing for him was Yaeko...i think it was Hiro's betrayal that got to him.

At least i hope so; their interactions were so short that i found it hard to believe their friendship developed so quickly.

Comment

maybe he swam to america
                    after all he knew hiro would be there eventually
                    and he'd get revenge
                    and he wouldnt have to worry about sharks, or fatigue
                    so yea

Comment

All Yaeko and her father have to do is stay two steps ahead of a "guy in a mask" or "White Man" Either one is going to stick out like sore thumb. Kensei would have to try to find two Japanese people in Japan. With no photographs or other modern technology to help him. All this in what is just about the most Xenophobic country you could imagine. Good Effing Luck.

As far as spreading the tales...all Yaeko and her father would have to do is say "Bad White Man is after us." and people will help them and listen to their stories and support them in every way possible, as sure as if you went into a Klan meeting and said "Black people are bad."

Don't get me wrong...I like Japanese people...I dated Japanese girl for four years. But after extensive exposure to modern Japanese culture and seeing how Xenophobic they still are, I can tell you that the idea of anyone siding with a white man over Kensei and her father is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                        Irrational as in holding a grudge for 400 years over one woman, attempting to kill off the Heroes, and developing those little plans to "save the world". Remember, Linderman was his disciple, the plan to "blow up New York" in order to "save the world" was also in part Adam's. What have we seen to show that he is a rational person? Just because he can plot and scheme and act normal doesn't mean he's not bonkers.
                        wait, blowing up New York was a plan of Linderman????

I thought to stop Sylar was how every hero gathered in New York, and Peter happens to absorb too many powers too soon and going nuclear is a planned event?

I don't see it =_=

I mean did Linderman even try to encourage Peter going and meet people with powers?

I just saw Linderman being a bully to Niki and used her and her family (also threatened Nathan to be his pawn). Other than that, how is he a master mind of any kind?

Originally posted by zAndrew
                        maybe he swam to america
                        after all he knew hiro would be there eventually
                        and he'd get revenge
                        and he wouldnt have to worry about sharks, or fatigue
                        so yea
                        That's the other thing.

How would he know Hiro will be in America?

How would he know any events about the future if his ability was immortal and got to the future by living through it?

He wouldn't even know who's Hiro's father or what era Hiro will be born.
                        Last edited by hansioux; 11-08-2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JudasAce
                          Well, if I lived as long as Adam, I'd probably go see everything on the planet possible to see. I'd be party to some of the biggest events in history. Colonization of America, the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Emancipation Proclamation, Lincoln's assassination, the list goes on and on. Eva Peron's speech to Argentina. I'd go with William Parry to the North Pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                            Well, if I lived as long as Adam, I'd probably go see everything on the planet possible to see. I'd be party to some of the biggest events in history. Colonization of America, the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Emancipation Proclamation, Lincoln's assassination, the list goes on and on. Eva Peron's speech to Argentina. I'd go with William Parry to the North Pole.
                            that'd be possible if you know these events will take place and when they'll take place.

Adam on the other hand won't have this ability, so unless he is out there always seeking adventures, he will learn of these events after they have happened like everyone else.
                            Last edited by hansioux; 11-08-2007, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I'm just saying that's what I would do. If he followed history's major flow, he'd probably be around big events in history.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎