Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caitlin a thing of the ... future? Of the past?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caitlin a thing of the ... future? Of the past?

What a great thing it was to have the useless macguffin of Caitlin taken back to Ireland (in 2008, but who's counting). As a character she had as much character and personality as Simone, Peter's other girlfriend. She's a blank, nothing to her, and I'm glad that for now, she's literally out of the picture. She's done her job, which is finally get Peter moving out of Ireland and back into the story.

Yay for no Caitlin!

i like caitlin and her being stuck in 2008 messes up the space/time *********. she lost a year of her life, but what messes things up is that if peter fixes things he can make that future not happen and than what happens to caitlin?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing...and my head exploded...

But I healed...because as this show shows, everyone has superpowers, and some people can never be killed...

...ever...

Seriously, if Peter got stuck in the future, and someone changed it, he would just pop back into reality and be like "I healed." Probably not so for his girlfriend though...

...until her powers are revealed...

(sorry for the rant)

Comment

Wouldn't bother me if she disappeared. If Peter fixed the time *********, I doubt she would vanish from reality, though; it depends on *when* he changes (or Hiro changes) the time *********.

Either way, I'm tired of female extra characters on Heroes only being love interests with no other life or emotions. She seemed to get over her brother's frying real fast.

Originally posted by flying_girl
        i like caitlin and her being stuck in 2008 messes up the space/time *********. she lost a year of her life, but what messes things up is that if peter fixes things he can make that future not happen and than what happens to caitlin?

Comment

how come we cant use that word here? everytime someone writes it it turns into *s. whats with it?

Comment

Yeah, isn't that weird? contin...u...um is the word. I wonder if this form of it will go through!

Comment

Yeah she has had a great time since she met Peter. Her brother gets fried then she gets trapped in the future.

Comment

Yeah right! Why in hell would she even still wanna be with him?

Comment

pycer, its hard for you to understand cuz your a guy.
                  but not even counting that, look at it this way peter is extremely powerful even without her knowing all that he can do. being a barmaid at a pub isnt that interesting hanging out with him is bringing excitement into her life and with her brother dead she doesnt have anything left except to find elle and kill her. but i think its the first reason.

Comment

I'm really not a shipper, and frankly, the guys who write this show can't write "romance" very well at all - I'd prefer if they kept away from tawdry, stupid romances where the only the girl is there is to set the guys in motion in their plots, while the women in the romances are left behind or ditched at the first opportunity.

Yeah. Real 'romantic'.

And yes, I'm a girl.

Comment

Yup, looks like Caitlin ain't a-gonna be coming back .... Kring has basically admitted that Hiro's and Claire's "romances" were a big mistake (although Peter/Caitlin wasn't mentioned) but that romance tends to fall under the "big mistake" category.

There's a CNN article/interview with Kring at the writer's picket line. Goes into detail about how they screwed the pooch this season, and how he's going to fix it.

Comment

Bryan Fuller was awesome at writing relationships between people...too bad he's not on Heroes any more, but at least he has his own show now

Comment

Peter can meet Caitlan again if he just waits.

Comment

Originally posted by Who
                            Peter can meet Caitlan again if he just waits.
                            Hehe, yeah I can see it now, Caitlin watches Peter pop out of time as shes getting herded away, only to turn around and see him standing there, dressed completely different saying 'Dayum, baby, where ya been, I been waitin here all year'

Comment

Time travel...what a subject.
                              If Peter fixes the present, it will create another future, which means Caitlin will be stuck in the 2008 (virus spread).
                              Peter wont be able to rescue here unless he can travel to alternate futures...
                              Thats the danger Hiro is always talking about when he changes something.

PS: Caitlin wasnt hot, so over and out with her...lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎