No announcement yet.

Parkman is turning into Professor X!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkman is turning into Professor X!

This is great. I used to think that his power was semi-lame(like peter's at the beginning of season 1 before we found out he was superman), now he's got Professor X like ability. This is awesome.
    ahem....thoughts?

His power is growing now but nooo way he'll be on Xavior's league but yea, similiar to his tho. The bald man is unstoppable!! Anyways, it's nice to see Parkman trapping his sorrya$$ dad in the other realm

Comment

Of course not. Prof x is way beyond matt. He is on the way, but it's doubtful he can get to that level...you never know though.

Comment

Professor Xavier I believe could actually control people's minds, I don't think that either Matt or his father showed instances where they literally controlled people, but only changed their stimuli to make them believe different things, and these changes in people's beliefs would help cause them to act differently. However, that still is a very potent ability. As Voltaire said, "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." We've already seen that Noah Bennet would kill a man without a second thought if it meant, in some way, that his daughter would be safer. Imagine the sort of actions Matt or his father could "persuade" Noah to do, if they deluded him into believing that Claire's life was at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by Barogrei
          Professor Xavier I believe could actually control people's minds, I don't think that either Matt or his father showed instances where they literally controlled people, but only changed their stimuli to make them believe different things, and these changes in people's beliefs would help cause them to act differently. However, that still is a very potent ability. As Voltaire said, "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." We've already seen that Noah Bennet would kill a man without a second thought if it meant, in some way, that his daughter would be safer. Imagine the sort of actions Matt or his father could "persuade" Noah to do, if they deluded him into believing that Claire's life was at stake.
          Incorrect. It was mentioned by Bob, that "anything the mind controls, you can control". That includes bodily functions.

Comment

I don't doubt you. But, then again, why did Matt's father go to the trouble of deluding Nikki into believing that Bob had killed Diel if he could have simply controlled her completely? Perhaps if she had that underlying delusion, she would act to fulfill his will even when he wasn't directly controlling her? If it is true that Matt and his father can control people directly, this makes them perhaps even the equal of Xavier. But what makes Bob the arbiter of Matt and his father's powers? I guess he may have had experiences in the past when Matt's father exhibited the controlling of another person.

Comment

I totally thought this when Bob told him about his power. I think in time he could totally be like a Xavier Lite. But he's gotta believe in himself.

Comment

Break his legs and shave his head!

Comment

Originally posted by Barogrei
                  I don't doubt you. But, then again, why did Matt's father go to the trouble of deluding Nikki into believing that Bob had killed Diel if he could have simply controlled her completely? Perhaps if she had that underlying delusion, she would act to fulfill his will even when he wasn't directly controlling her? If it is true that Matt and his father can control people directly, this makes them perhaps even the equal of Xavier. But what makes Bob the arbiter of Matt and his father's powers? I guess he may have had experiences in the past when Matt's father exhibited the controlling of another person.
                  I'm totally with you on that,
                  Post #20 of 20

Matt has Telpathy and controlling mind's, making illusions, hearing thoughts, and astral projection can all be aspects of telepathy and Matt can eventually do all of this (depending on how far his powers will grow). Proffessor X is the same way he can do all of that and more. That's why I was dissappointed in Maury with his Telepathy. why didn't he just control Niki's mind intead of influencing her to kill? I think they are capable of controlling minds or have the potential but its very difficult to do so.

Comment

Think about it. When Maury tapped into nic/jess's mind, he realized it was already fractured, so all that was necessary was a subtle push, for her to explode.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎