No announcement yet.

The Clana relationship

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoisJoanneKent
    Lana Lang is nothing but a footnote in the Superman mythos.
    Thinks makes me think of School of Rock...

"You guys aren't gonna be anything but a footnote on my epic ass!"

the only two who I think have what it takes to take on Lex (other than the Kryptonians, obviously) are Chloe and Lois
    I totally agree with you that they are the only gals with the guts to take him out, but considering Smallville's disregard for what happened in the comics, it'll be Chloe who's the one to expose him.

I'd much rather see Lois accomplish it though

PS LJK I think you're my new best friend lol

Originally posted by coolgal
    Right behind you on that one!

Unless you end up with the first person you did it with...there's bound to be relantionships in people's past, in which sex occured. And like you said..... does it mean your dirty and used..? Thats just riduculous!!!
    At the time lana slept with lex.....she'd believed her romance with clark was gone.

I don't think what you're talking about has anything to do with someone being dirty and used, yeah, people have sex, they break up, they get new lovers etc...

But Lana knowingly slept with Lex, Clark's enemy. Now she wants to be with him... after she did the worst thing you could do to someone. That's like dating a best friend's ex... or in this case, an ex's ex-best friend lol.

Clana is pointless and redundant. I don't say that simply because I am a die-hard Clois fan, but I say it because it's boring.

It is so boring I want to milk a cow... lol *random*

Their whole realationship is built on trusting and lying. Now Clark has finally told her the truth... what she wanted all along, and Lana has turned around and lied to him in return. Yes, it's clear that her reasons are not because she doesn't love Clark, but because her desire for revenge on the Luthor's supersedes her love for Clark.

Lana is a one track girl, she can't have a steamy, succesful romance and a successful plot for revenge against balding billionaires.

The fact that AlMiles are continuing their realationship only proves that they love Lana and aren't willing to get rid of her because they need to milk Clana for everything it's got-- there's only a few drops left in the bottom of the can but they're doing everything they can to get them out.

Now, on another note, when we have angsty Clana, the show has some more entertainment value; everyone's wondering "Are they? Aren't they? Is today the day they get back together? Or is today the day they end it for good?" Clark and Lana are 'happy' and living together at the farm... it's ridiculously cheesy and makes me want to gag.

It's like Kara explained to Clark, he may want to grow old with Lana on the farm, eating all the pies she's going to bake him while he milks the cows and plants the corn, but he's not human... he has a destiny, and that's just not in his cards.

PS to Lana... you have MILLIONS of dollars thanks to that divorce settlement, why don't you use it to buy yourself a house, so you're not living off everyone else. She went from living rent free in the mansion to living at the farm, claiming she needed to hide there...

Grow up Lana.

End Clana so Clark can get on with becoming Superman, too many relationships are getting in the way.

Comment

I think that the Clana relationships sucks more. None that she knows almost everything nothings happen and she still lies to Clark and keeps things from him. They need to break it off so they can move on and go there separate ways.

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonaidxh
        oh yes, I agree, and I guess we can remember the fact that she´s lying to Clark and doing evil things behind his back, after all the seasons that Lana was nagging Clark for being complete honest with her, and finally when Clark tells her his secret then she starts to cheat him, that´s very hypocrit from lana .
        Clark shouldn´t just forgive her, he looks like her damn servent, I hope he breaks up with that b**ch forever and I pray for the end of 7 season comes soon to see the end of that nightmare, and we can see like Al Gough said in his last interview: that Clark is going to start falling for Lois.
        totally agree. i cant wait to see what happens between lois and clark

Comment

Originally posted by LoisLane85
          I don't think what you're talking about has anything to do with someone being dirty and used, yeah, people have sex, they break up, they get new lovers etc...

But Lana knowingly slept with Lex, Clark's enemy. Now she wants to be with him... after she did the worst thing you could do to someone. That's like dating a best friend's ex... or in this case, an ex's ex-best friend lol.
          I refuse to put Lana down for sleeping with Lex, I don't think she did anything wrong there. For one thing Lana already had an established platonic relationship with Lex which had nothing to do with Clark. Secondly how much did she really know about the Clex relationship and whether they were not best friends anymore? People seem to be pasting their knowledge of the future Clex relationship (or should I say Lex-Superman relationship) onto the current Clex relationship.

Lana was working closely with Lex over the Milton Fine spaceship and they were growing closer and closer. Clark told Lana he didn't love her and Lex took advantage of the Clana break up to snag Lana on the rebound.

I don't think that Lana went out with Lex to step on Clark's toes. Yeah they were previously best friends so it seems like a low thing for her to do but Clark broke up with her, she was free to date whoever she wanted - if there was a spark in her existing relationship with Lex there was no reason for her not tp pursue it just 'cos Clark & Lex used to be friends and this does not make her dirty as some people seem to think.

Aside from looking extremely hot, what girl in their right mind would hang about for Clark if he treated them the way he treated Lana??
          - So many un-explained incidents of lip-locking with her best friend Chloe and other girls
          - running off to Metropolis to party and leaving her to worry
          - breaking up with her after letting her walk in on him almost having sex with Simone
          - not turning up for/running out on dates with no explanation

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny

I don't think that Lana went out with Lex to step on Clark's toes.

Aside from looking extremely hot, what girl in their right mind would hang about for Clark if he treated them the way he treated Lana??
            -
            I'm not sure I agree... Everyone knew the problems that Clark and Lex were having in their friendship. I think part of Lana's desire to spend time with Lex, was not only to research and study the spaceship, but because she needed some attention and company from someone, in light of Clark pushing her away-- especially intimately. Her intentions weren't to hurt Clark, but Lana knew that Lex would give her some attention and listen to her problems. She was drawn because he hadn't lied to her so many times like Clark had.

I do however agree with the first statement up there... Lana didn't sleep with Lex to piss Clark off, at the time she genuinely had feelings for the guy. But the fact that she wants to be with Clark now, after sleeping with Lex, marrying Lex and claiming to love Lex is what gets me. And supposedly all in the name of protecting Clark. If Lana had been smart, she would have told Clark about Lionel's threat, and them, probably with Chloe's help, could have figured out an alternative to her marrying Lex.

Did that make sense? lol What I am trying to say I think is... Lana didn't purposely sleep with Lex to get back at Clark, but she did do it knowing that it would upset Clark.

I guess it just urks (SP) me that she would want Clark to accept her after all that she had done.

clarkbunny, you're right about Lana being out of her mind for even wanting to be with Clark after all he's done to her. Clark's a fool, and he messed up with Lana.

Now that he's been the honest one, and she was the one keeping things from him, I think things are going to change dramatically in their relationship....

Comment

Oh, yay! This is like, my opportunity to vent on ALLL of my anti-Clana-ness xD

God. I just hate Clana. I always have, and there have been in-between periods where I put up with it...

But in the end, Lana's just a whiney little b**** who in the end will hold Clark back from what he really needs to do - Go to Metropolis with Chloe & Lois and become SUPERMAN.

Yes. The writers. They are CLANA FANS. That, in my oppinion, is the only reason Lana's still ALIVE. If you ask me, every time Lana 'dies' gets less and less believable. I mean, clearly, she was in the car when it exploded.

What PANTS is it that she escaped and put a dummy in her place?!

---------------------------------

As to what Loislane85 said (*huggles to itsy bitsy pieces*) I'm not sure I agree.

I think Lana knew perfectly well what she was doing, and that it would piss Clark off. I think a -big- part of her wanted to see what she'd get out of playing them against eachother.

And plus, how TRAMPY is it to marry somene you no longer love, pretend to love them for a while, then when another offer comes up, up and leave, even if Lex faked her being pregnant to keep her. Okay, I admit, that was creepy.

But it's LEX for crying out loud! He does creepy shizz like that.
              Last edited by Snarky-x-Pixie; 11-12-2007, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hols, *huggles right back* Lana only married Lex because Lionel blackmailed her into it...

But, I don't think that was the only reason... I think part of it was to make Clark jealous... it wasn't to piss him off, but possibly to prove to him and to herself that they still loved each other, because they'd both said that they didn't love each, which was a lie.

She used the Lionel excuse to show Clark that he still loved her.
                Last edited by LoisLane85; 11-12-2007, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I know...I'm not that misinformed :P

But that doesn't matter. Like you said before, if she really trusted Clark, she would have told him what Lionel was doing, and Clark could possibly have threatened to tell his mom what Lionel was doing.

Also, Lana sweetie? Trust works both ways. You can't lie to your boyfriend's face about where your current father in law's being kept by some escaped crazy. It's just not...decent. But then again, that just underlines what I've thought of Lana since about season 4, when she started lying to everyone when it suited her.

And, HELLO people? What's this stuff about Clark having 'done' things to Lana? He only lied to her to protect her. If he hadn't lied, she would be DEAD (not that I'd mind too much...).

Comment

Oh c'mon Hol,

You do have to admit that Clark was an idiot when it came to Lana. Look at how well she accepted Clark and the truth about who he was.... in all cases where he told her the truth, she still accepted him for who he was... a alien.

If he had told her the truth from the get-go, she wouldn't have had such a problem with the missed dates, the mysterious women, the disappearing acts.

Lex made a good point in Wrath. It wasn't him that made Lana a liar... "I wasn't the first person to teach her about betrayal"

I do agree that Lana has done her her share of lying... she lied about Isobel and the tattoo to Jason, and Clark. She lied about the spaceship, she lied about her real feelings for Lex, she lied about Lionel's threat... and she lied about the Isis Foundation.

With all the lying Lana Lang does, I have to question, do we as viewers know who Lana really is? Does Clark? Chloe?

She has changed so much over the past 3 seasons, it's reasonable to suggest that she has no identity anymore... because she's constantly changing. Boy... Lana's wishy washy...

Clana was doomed from the start, because neither Clark or Lana has been honest, not only to each other but to everyone they know. Trust is a big thing in a successful relationship, and quite frankly Lana and Clark suck at being honest.

"I want Clark to have that kind of loyalty in his life... I'm just not sure it should be from you..." -Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by chlarkdabest
                      I hate Clana, because its eating up Chlark. Clark and Chloe barely see each other now. In lara, the showing the crystal scene should have been Clark and Chloe, not Clana.... aaargh!
                      *Consoles the fellow Chlarker*

I agree. Chloe is once again demoted to third wheel for her Fabulous Two- faced 'best' (I use the term loosely in recollection of Lana's voyeur activities at Chloe's expense in 'Promise') friend.

Well, when you sleep with the greatest enemy of the person you claim to love, yeah it's dirty seconds. It's like spitting in Clark's face. I find it hilarious that you are defending one of the villains of the season; and a pathetic slutty villain at that.
                      *Claps*

I admit, I'm a bit of a feminist. I don't think that being with more than one man or extra marital sex makes a woman a 'dirty second'.

Kissing another man while wedded, shacking up with this same man while still techinically married and then rubbing it into your ex husbands face while the ink on the divorce paper is still wet makes one a 'sloppy second'.

Comment

Ha ha ha all this Clana hate really does make me laugh - people treat it like love is such a black or white thing. Unfortunately love in the modern world is usually shades of grey.

In my opinion it was not wrong for Lana to want to explore a relationship with Lex when she felt she might have feelings for him. The Lexana relationship has long been established in SV and they have always been friends.

Lex is not a stranger in engineering the split up of a couple - this was established from Season 1 when he encouraged Clark to ask Lana out even though she was dating Whitney. I believe Lex actually engineered the Clana split (the last one) and took advantage of his position as Lana's friend and confidante to manipulate her. He purposefully decided to include Lana in the Milton Fine ship investigation to make her trust him and feel that he trusted her with his secrets and would not lie to her - unlike Clark. He frequently dropped hints about how he could be trusted unlike Clark. Then he paid Simone to find out Clark's secret - is it that much of a stretch to think he asked her to set up the whole thing with Lana walking in on her and Clark getting down to it?? All so Lana would come crying to Lex for support and he could reel her in some more.

I am sure people aren't unfamiliar with guys or girls taking advantage of a person the rebound. People on the rebound don't always make the best decisions. Lana, lulled into a false sense of security by Lex's 'I can be trusted' lies decided to take a chance and go out with Lex even though she still loved Clark. She was drawing a line under her relationship with Clark as when your half naked boyfriend gets out of bed with a naked woman and tells you 'we're finished' I doubt that you'd be in a hurry to try and make it work with them.

The Lexana thing probably would have run it's course and fizzled out if Lex hadn't come up with the fake pregnancy. This happened not too far into their relationship and Lana expressed doubts about her feelings for Lex. Then Lex followed up with a marriage proposal which caused Lana to question the whole relationship and her original feelings for Clark. She went to him to see how he felt and naturally he stepped down due to the baby so Lana given that she was expecting Lex's child decided to settle for Lex. Not good but not an out of this world concept - millions of men/women settle for the next person when they can't have their true love it's not a crime - heck isn't this what a great deal of love films are about - then at the last minute the true love speaks up and the couple are reunited??

Anyway I have rambled on a bit. Basically what I am saying is Clex mythos aside looking at the Clana relationship from a real world perspective it is not that out of the ordinary and I can understand why Lana did the things she did. Clark acted like a jerk with Lana, so many opportunities he missed and too many things he left unexplained because he was too afraid to tell Lana the truth and risk her rejecting him thus leaving her to feel hurt and confused.

They have both made mistakes and ultimately I think the relationship is now doomed and the writers are setting it up for them to realise this. I hope they remain friends and I am hoping for some Chlark action
                        Last edited by clarkbunny; 11-13-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I still like clana relationship..

Comment

Clana was what drew me to watch the show. I loved their story but with time It feels almost forced. I am more interested in clarks growth and destiny than their "love." Although I do like what they are doing with Lanas character.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarky-x-Pixie
                              I think Lana knew perfectly well what she was doing, and that it would piss Clark off. I think a -big- part of her wanted to see what she'd get out of playing them against eachother.
                              Maybe to the smallest of degrees. I actually believe Lana is not all that capable of realizing how other people feel. She is so self centered, she probably considered it and blew it off like it was completely unimportant. Even now, she seems completely oblivious to Clark's feelings in having to meet with Lex to discuss what Lex might do to her. And Clark is too busy protecting her to realize that his feelings got hurt in his dealing with Lex.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎