Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can they please give chloe something to do!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe is taking a backseat right now due to the intro of Kara and her issues. I'm sure we'll have plenty of her after we explore some of the mythos.

Comment

I'm actually pretty pumped about Chloe learning about what the heck Lana is doing (which I'm pretty sure is not good).

Comment

Re: Re: Re: can they please give chloe something to do!?

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
        Jory, where would you get this idea from?

Chloe is not ugly. And TPTB certainly don't think she's ugly either.

Based on Al's comments.

During season 2 Al made a comment about people not forgiving Lana because she's so beautiful, yet they forgive Chloe. Then all you ever hear from Al and Miles are how beautiful Kristin, Erica , and Laura are. Then Al did a recent interview (I think with a comic website) where he said it would be hard for Jimmy to walk away from Kara.

To me Al's comments mean, 1) People forgive Chloe because she's ugly. 2) Allison is ugly. 3) Jimmy can easily walk away from Chloe, because she's ugly, but he can't walk away from Kara because she's "hot".

Add to this Jimmy says "whoa" after Kara kisses him and the fact that he got over Chloe so quickly, come on it's pretty obvious TPTB are going out of their way to imply that Chloe's a nothing. I doubt it'll get any better the rest of the season.

What's funny is that Kara's going to be lying to Jimmy, yet since she's "hot", Jimmy will look the other way.

As a Chimmy fan, I'm very disappointed. I thought they both cared for each other, but this episode proved (imo) that it was Chloe whio had the most emotional invovlment in the relationship, and it was Jimmy that didn't.

I think the treatment of Chloe (and Allison) stinks, especially if this is her last season. What a "nice" send off she's getting.
        Last edited by Jory; 11-02-2007, 06:47 AM.

Comment

The writers have shown Chloe to be a very sympathetic character that constants gets the short end of the stick.
          Everything she tries blows up in her face.
          I like Chloe a lot , she a great friend to Clark.
          But for 7 seasons she is the writer's punching bag, its getting old.
          If the writers don't want chloe to be happy , productive , enjoying her job. Fine.
          But I would rather see chloe happy.
          Chloe's plot like is more like a tragedy than winner. And that is unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jory
            Well, this is Allison's (possibly)last season on the show (according to those in the know), so you'll get your wish. It would've been nice if she had a better send off, instead of the usual "Chloe is ugly blah blah" standard. Jerks.
            Please don't say AM is ugly because her physical self is playing Chloe she is not here to defend herself.....Love U AM you do a great job in your acting!!

Comment

Originally posted by citizenlen
              I hope Chloe tells Lana about her powers and both will become partners in the Isis Foundation. Then they'll team up to bring down LuthorCorp and help other meteor infected incl. her mom.

Both can recruit and provide a haven for the meteor infected. I think this will be a good arc for both.
              Have you been paying attantion? Lana is disturbed. The ISIS foundation is her own little crusade against Lex. Why would Chloe be involved in that? Plus Chloe is onto Lana, she knows there is something shady going on. Did you notice how disturbed Chloe looked after Lana gave her the "nice-philantrophy-girl" smile and fed her the lies. Divorce settlement? Right. Try Embezlement. "Oh, and don't tell Clark about this", coming from the Queen of secrets and lies.

No. Chloe does not need to be involved in that arc, unless it is to expose Lana the new villain.

Plus. I don't know what the problem is here with Chloe's arc? They mention her ability in every episode, it is not being put on the back burner. I'm glad they aren't rushing through it. She is not a FOTW. First they need to deal with her emotional difficultie with the power and how if affects her relationships. Than they will tap into the possibilities for her power. Just give it time.

As far as the Chimmara triangle goes, I see no evidence TPTB think Chloe is "ugly" or "undesirable". It is just mythos that Jimmy and Kara have a thing for eachother. TPTB love triangles. Just because Chimmy is over for now, doesn't mean they won't bring it back. It was completley obvious that Jimmy was head over heals in love with Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by Minela
                Have you been paying attantion? Lana is disturbed. The ISIS foundation is her own little crusade against Lex. Why would Chloe be involved in that? Plus Chloe is onto Lana, she knows there is something shady going on. Did you notice how disturbed Chloe looked after Lana gave her the "nice-philantrophy-girl" smile and fed her the lies. Divorce settlement? Right. Try Embezlement. "Oh, and don't tell Clark about this", coming from the Queen of secrets and lies.

No. Chloe does not need to be involved in that arc, unless it is to expose Lana the new villain.

Plus. I don't know what the problem is here with Chloe's arc? They mention her ability in every episode, it is not being put on the back burner. I'm glad they aren't rushing through it. She is not a FOTW. First they need to deal with her emotional difficultie with the power and how if affects her relationships. Than they will tap into the possibilities for her power. Just give it time.

As far as the Chimmara triangle goes, I see no evidence TPTB think Chloe is "ugly" or "undesirable". It is just mythos that Jimmy and Kara have a thing for eachother. TPTB love triangles. Just because Chimmy is over for now, doesn't mean they won't bring it back. It was completley obvious that Jimmy was head over heals in love with Chloe.

I doubt they will delve into Chloe's power, with Kara , and some more superheroes showing up.

If Jimmy was head over heels in love with Chloe, he certainly got over her fast. He couldn't have been too in love with her, imo.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Minela
                  Have you been paying attantion? Lana is disturbed.
                  That's according to Lionel in the trailer for Wrath. And if you take the time to analyze the lengths Lionel went to protect Clark last season, I would say he's also disturbed. Making Lana marry Lex while knowing that he drugged Lana to believe she was pregnant all in the name of protecting Clark is disturbing.

Lex called Lois a "muffin peddler". Does Lex calling her that make it true?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                    The writers have shown Chloe to be a very sympathetic character that constants gets the short end of the stick.
                    Everything she tries blows up in her face.
                    I like Chloe a lot , she a great friend to Clark.
                    But for 7 seasons she is the writer's punching bag, its getting old.
                    If the writers don't want chloe to be happy , productive , enjoying her job. Fine.
                    But I would rather see chloe happy.
                    Chloe's plot like is more like a tragedy than winner. And that is unfortunate.
                    If you replace all the "Chloe" with the name "Clark", your paragraph sort of works, too. Especially the tragedy part :/

*goes to read about Operation Save Clark Kent*

That's according to Lionel in the trailer for Wrath. And if you take the time to analyze the lengths Lionel went to protect Clark last season, I would say he's also disturbed. Making Lana marry Lex while knowing that he drugged Lana to believe she was pregnant all in the name of protecting Clark is disturbing.
                    It takes one to know one, I guess

Comment

Re: can they please give chloe something to do!?

Originally posted by red_cape_7
                      first, chloe was getting crapped on. now, she's just playing a part in someone else's storyline (e.g., researching for clark). she really needs some more arc to her story right now. i love her character and hate to see her get pushed to the backburner!
                      On this note Chloe is actually getting some push. Right now she is dealing with the fact she is meteor infected and is struggling with accepting that. I liked in this episode that she was seeking out a help group but then ran into Lana there. I think that angle right there will see the old Chloe return who will dig into anyone's personal life to find out what is going on. I miss the tension between Chloe and Lana as a result of Clark liking Lana instead of Chloe and Chloe always investigating the personal lives of people she knows.

Comment

Chloe's a fighter and a survivor.. this thing with Jimmy and Kara took her by surprise but its okay. She'll recover and be stronger than ever. I do agree that TPTB need to use her as more than a Clark search engine.. Clark just uses her and she doesn't call him on it. I'm ready for her to call him on it.. she needs to stand up and be like, "Look alien boy, do it yourself.." I love Clark but he isn't always the smartest stack of hay, if you get my drift..

I'm looking forward to the JL coming back. I think they'll use Chloe more then.. at least they should.. what a big mistake if they don't.

Comment

Lol, my favorite part of that episode last night was when Jimmy left with Kara and Chloe had that sad little face like she was going to cry. LOVED IT! Good! She deserves it for what she did to him anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Demne
                            Lol, my favorite part of that episode last night was when Jimmy left with Kara and Chloe had that sad little face like she was going to cry. LOVED IT! Good! She deserves it for what she did to him anyways.

What was obvious to me, was that Jimmy didn't love Chloe at all. So your glee is misplaced. Jimmy wasn't invested in the relationship to feel upset, since (not only) did he get over Chloe fast, he was also checking Kara out in "Kara" and "Cure". That doesn't sound like Jimmy cared for Chloe, if he ever did.

What I think is funny is that Kara's going to be lying to Jimmy, and running out on him too. Wonder if he'll break up with her and say their relationship was a "fluke"?

Comment

He didn't get over her fast, she spent 2 months treating him worse and worse till he finally said enough! I would too and find someone who appreciates what you do for them. Chloe did nothing for Jimmy, and Jimmy did everything for Chloe. Good for Jimmy for trying it out with Kara. '

Not to mention, Kara is really hot and just because Jimmy was kinda put off guard by her in the beginning, he still pressed that Chloe was his girl until she gave him the door to walk out of. Jimmy should be doing exactly what he is doing, moving on and finding someone new. He should not be pining over Chloe when it was her fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Demne
                                He didn't get over her fast, she spent 2 months treating him worse and worse till he finally said enough! I would too and find someone who appreciates what you do for them. Chloe did nothing for Jimmy, and Jimmy did everything for Chloe. Good for Jimmy for trying it out with Kara. '

Not to mention, Kara is really hot and just because Jimmy was kinda put off guard by her in the beginning, he still pressed that Chloe was his girl until she gave him the door to walk out of. Jimmy should be doing exactly what he is doing, moving on and finding someone new. He should not be pining over Chloe when it was her fault.

I remember Chloe saying that Clark was "no Jimmy Olsen" and that Clark couldn't "hold a candle to the infuriator". Telling Jimmy that he was going to be a "great photographer one day". How proud she was of him in 'Noir' with the front page article on him, in fact she said "there's my hero". Looking upset that he was gone in "Prototype". Being happy to see him in "Fallout" her quote was "the wayward boyfriend returns". She wrote JIMMY a letter in "Cure" to remind her why they belong together. Considering she didn't (seem to) care that she'd forget Clark, the fact that she wrote to Jimmy and wanted him to remind her of things tells me that she did care a lot for Jimmy.

Then she sees him checking Kara out in "Kara", and flirting with Kara in "Cure". Not to mention he was acting all guilty, then Jimmy says their relationship was a "fluke", personally I wouldn't have put up much of a fight if my boyfriend implied that our relationship was a "fluke". Jimmy wanted out because he wanted Kara. To me that means he didn't care at all for Chloe.

As a Chimmy fan, I was hoping they'd get back together, but now I'm not sure. It's obvious that Jimmy cares NOTHING about Chloe. I hope TPTB don't have her pining, but they love to treat her like crap.

I'm tired of TPTB and the writers implying that Chloe is an ugly dog. They can go **** themselves.
                                Last edited by Jory; 11-02-2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎