No announcement yet.

Too many cooks...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many cooks...

Is it me or are there just too many characters in the show nowadays? Don't get me wrong I love all of them and enjoy watching their discovery/development etc but a couple of times now there have been whole episodes where they have barely (if at all) touched on what are pivotal characters in favour of brand new ones. There are just too many to cover all of them in the depth they deserve in 45 minutes. It certainly seems that they were able to show a lot more stories in one episode in the first season, but now everyone we meet is a Hero and it no longer seems special or surprising. I find myself wishing that a few would be killed off so we can concentrate on the most interesting and not have to wait 2-3 episodes to find out how their adventures progress. I want more Peter! I want more Sylar! I want less Midas man and less Mexican black death twins!

Because someone will say it if I don't...they aren't Mexican

Comment

You are succombing to American Idol syndrome.* At the end of volume 1 the cast had lessoned somewhat and all plotlines came together.

the beginning of Generations has a signifigantly fewer portion of new characters and storylines compared to the begginning of volume 1. If you don't like Heroes right now, you must have destested the begginning back then.

By the way, every new character is intimately tied to an established character's storyline. If you get less Midas man and south american twins (Hispanic does NOT = Mexican) then your going to get less Mohinder and Sylar, respectively.

*After a hiatus between seasons, the general public, reporters, columnists, everyone, they all somehow forget that Simon was just a tad brutally honest, when it was like that all along.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
        Because someone will say it if I don't...they aren't Mexican
        What nationality are they seriously?portoricain?portuguese?spanish?cubain?

Comment

Dominican

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
            Dominican
            Just the one that I missed.Thanks!
            Last edited by Sweetie; 11-02-2007, 11:41 AM.

Comment

No prob, I have done my good deed for that day...

now I can be an a$$ the rest of the day...

Comment

Apologies to all Mexicans and Dominicans out there, I am going to play the stupid white Englishmans card and beg for immunity.

And incidentally I'm pretty sure that I said I love watching these characters and seeing their development, my complaint is that there are too many characters for the length of an episode, not that they aren't worth watching. Oh and the reference to American Idol is completely over my head, I have so far managed to avoid watching reality tv with a surprising degree of success and would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the world on behalf of my country for subjecting you to Simon Cowell.

Comment

I know they brought too many new characters this season.So,the storylines that we prefer like Hiro,Peter,Mohinder,Matt,HRG,Claire,Nikki and Sylar are interrupted by the newcommers that we don't even know.Don't get me wrong I think that the new characters are cool too.There's so much to be exited about but,so little time

Comment

none of these nationalites are gonna matter when we're a weird brownish-blackish-whiteish-yellowish-redish colour

Comment

With the WGA strike now into full effect, I wonder if they'll be able to prematurely end the season without leaving a lot of loose ends. I read somewhere that this season was supposed to be broken up into so called "volumes", with a total of three or so volumes to take place this season. I heard they were prepared, in the event of the strike ending the show prematurely, to tie up all the story lines by re-writing the last episode of Volume 1 and making that the "season finale". I just hope this doesn't make what is becoming an exciting season a complete failure.

Comment

They are reshooting episode 11 i think, wich was supposed to end Volume 2: Generations anyway. I think they said they are doing it by not introducing the new plot elements they had originally planned that lead into the next volume. So, we at least should get to see how Generations ends

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎