No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Lara

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    What I found to be a huge plothole is Kara learning how to encrypt IP addresses to make them untraceable to the most advanced government technology. Being Kryptonian doesn't mean you can acquire skills out of thin air. Clark has been on Earth for all that time and can't do that. And I seriously doubt the technology on Krypton is anywhere similar to Earth's where she would know how to use computer languages made by humans to hide the IP address. This was another lazy writer's moment. They could have easily had that scene somewhere else other than the DP.
    We do know that Kryptonian computer tech can interfere and is compatible with ours...so easy to say that part of Kara's training on the way to earth was her hacking ability.

Comment

Posted by bobowayney: ok back in 'Memoria" when Clark had his earliest memory, he remembered Lara placing him in the rocket and worrying if someone would love him, and last nigh's flashback showed her approving of Martha Kent and re-assured Kara that the Kents would be a good and loving family, unless Zor-El wiped HER memory, how did Lara forget this ?

I don't think she forgot, I think she was just worrying about sending her baby away for someone else to raise, of course she was going to worry if someone else could love her baby as much as she did.

Posted by FiReFTW: IT REALLY REALLY BOTHERS ME THAT CLARK ALWAYS WALKS STRAIGHT INTO A ROOM FULL OF KRYPTONITE , IS HE REALLY THAT DUMB???

I was thinking the same thing when I saw him do it, but when I thought about it some more, I think he wasn't thinking about hurting himself, I think he was just thinking about saving Kara. Like when he was bothered by the kryptonite but still pushed through it to get those wires or IV's whatever was in Kara's arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge006
        We do know that Kryptonian computer tech can interfere and is compatible with ours...so easy to say that part of Kara's training on the way to earth was her hacking ability.
        But where was that revealed in the show? Kara didn't have any device from Krypton to help her. If that was true, then why did she need Jimmy's help in enhancing/restoring that photo of her ship? I would think that doing that is far easier than hacking computer languages from Earth.

Comment

Planes aren't allowed over the Capital...

Comment

Lionel makes Lana marry Lex and Clark now hugs him? Please...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM1956
              I don't think Kara knew about the Rao (Kryptonian sun) going supernova. I think this type of knowledge was CLASSIFIRD ONLY to the military and Kryptonian Council after Jor-El told them what was happening to the their sun and to the planet's core.
              Originally posted by ronmanb77
              As for kara remembering or not about the sun going nova, Zor-el used the crystal on his own daughter, and said she'd remember nothing of this trip. They used the ol' wipe out the memory trick.
              How come you say Kara didn't remember? The scene where Zor-El is sending her to Earth was in fact what she was remembering when flying over Washington D.C.

Zor-El used the crystal on her some months earliear, so she didn't remember (until the kryptonite treatment) what had happened that specific day at the Kent's house (so she didn't remember it either the first day she arrived.)

So, going back to the scene in Krypton, how come she didn't at leas feel that something apocalyptic was going on on the planet or in the solar system? I mean we saw how the earth was shaking and everything was falling appart... how come she didn't know or sense that something really bad was going to happen?

Then, when she met Clark for the first time and he told her about Krypton's fate, she should have sounded less surprised and should have at least expressed something related to the doomsday she had almost lived. She didn't leave her planet when everything was ok, so then we could say she could have not known, but the truth is she left when it was about to explode! She arrived with the first meteor shower as Clark did! (although she was "suspended" in time.)

Comment

Whose memories was Clark seeing? It seemed like he was seeing Kara's memories but it seemed like Kara herself didn't actualy see what he saw - i.e., Lara's DNA in the crystal - how is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by bobowayney
                  ok back in 'Memoria" when Clark had his earliest memory, he remembered Lara placing him in the rocket and worrying if someone would love him, and last nigh's flashback showed her approving of Martha Kent and re-assured Kara that the Kents would be a good and loving family, unless Zor-El wiped HER memory, how did Lara forget this ?
                  I think I can answer this one. I believe in "Memoria" Lara said "What if they don't love him..." ("they" referring to the Kents) Perhaps she was having last minute doubts, afraid they wouldn't accept him because he's an alien? Does that make sense?
                  Last edited by Twitch; 11-02-2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny
                    Whose memories was Clark seeing? It seemed like he was seeing Kara's memories but it seemed like Kara herself didn't actualy see what he saw - i.e., Lara's DNA in the crystal - how is that possible?
                    I don't think so. It was clear that those were Kara's memories, and that she perfectly saw them too!

That's how she remembered that there was a picture of Lara beneath Martha's (or M&J's) photo frame. Of course, that part was only seen by Kara, but then when Clark "plugged in" he saw the final part when Zor-El mentioned Lara's DNA being in the crystal and all of the rest.

After the ordeal, Kara herself admitted that her father wasn't as good and straight as she had remembered him, meaning that she perfectly saw those lost memories! HER memories =) (memories that Zor-El locked up in Kara's brain, not allowing her access to them, because apparently they weren't erased at all by the crystal.)

The fact that Kara didn't mention Lara's DNA being inside the crystal doesn't mean she didn't see it, or that those weren't her memories... the show just wouldn't have three scenes repeating the same facts. They just showed Clark exposing such info. to Lana... that's all!

Don't get too twisted! hahaha
                    Last edited by FoxHoundito; 11-03-2007, 08:20 AM.

Comment

More inconsistencies that are as annoying as scractching chalk

Here are the things that really annoy me about this episode

1-Clark and Lionel hugging (ok what putz decided to put that bit into the episode)

2-Kara AND Clark are in D.C. and do either of them go to think to visit Clark's Mom who is a senator there.

3-The total CUT of the resolution of Lana and Chloe after Chloe thinks Lana is dead.

4-How did Jimmy and Kara get so close - this was also a peeve from the last episode - they see each other at a beauty pagent - ARE NEVER ACTUALLY INTRODUCED - and now they are best friends (and maybe more) - again PUTZY writing/directing.

5-The PORTALS are fricking annoying - can't explain why - they just seem like a cop-out writing device.

6-Why did Clark lie to Lionel about Kara being from his "ADOPTED fathers" side" when its OBVIOUS that she is not from all the information Lionel already has about her?

I have an idea - why don't they recruit me as, THE REAL CLARK KENT - Tom Welling was actually my CLONE, who thought he was me but now learns he is the clone - and I thought I was the clone of Clark Kent, but now realize I am the real deal. - Wait they did that already in the Spiderman Clone Wars, and it was a disaster, though the writing/directing this season is starting to become a close second.

Shlamaz-El - The Kryptonian Yid

Comment

^
                        I have come to the sad realisation that this season I am just going to have to forget about storylines making sense, having some continuity, characters acting in character/rationally.

I'm not sure how easy that's going to be but from now on I will try and take it as it rolls - maybe i'll enjoy it.

So if the script writers decide to reveal next week that Lana is also from Krypton and is the Martian Manhunter's ex-girlfriend and Lex's model 503 was actually a Lana sex bot from Mars - where this is the no. 1 selling sex bot - I shall not be dismayed by the change in storyline and departure from Smallville reality - I shall embrace the change 'cos change is good *rocks gently in a corner repeating 'change is good'*.

I say Al-Miles do your worst bring it on. Kara becomes a red kryptonite laced pole dancer at the Talon cafe bring it on.

Lex marries Martha Kent and rubs it in Lionel's face, bring it on.

Zor-el is actually the Kent's next door neighbour and has been living with Lara on their farm next to the Kents' all these years - bring it on.

General Zod is going to appear on Oprah with Namek in a special show called 'Kryptonians are so misunderstood' bring it on.

Kara admits that she actually created the internet and can manipulate it just with the power of her mind - bring it on.

Comment

Re: More inconsistencies that are as annoying as scractching chalk

Originally posted by Shlamaz-El
                          5-The PORTALS are fricking annoying - can't explain why - they just seem like a cop-out writing device.
                          This is why the Tranporters in the world of Star Trek was invented. Speed of the story.

Comment

^
                            Yeah but at least Star Trek is consistent in their methods of transport - they've had teleportation as a staple method of transport from the get go, it didn't just appear randomly in one episode to aid the plot of people getting somewhere quicker than by the normal established modes of transport and then disappear never to be heard of again

Actually lets not mention Star Trek and Smallville in the same sentence again - the class of writing on Star Trek is in a whole different league to Smallville - light years ahead so to speak (pun intended)

Comment

If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) a portal linking Smallville and Krypton was establish back in season three with Relic. If not then there's either the season four finale or maybe it was the season five premiere were Clark was teleported from the caves to the North Pole.

Comment

Originally posted by bobowayney
                                ok back in 'Memoria" when Clark had his earliest memory, he remembered Lara placing him in the rocket and worrying if someone would love him, and last nigh's flashback showed her approving of Martha Kent and re-assured Kara that the Kents would be a good and loving family, unless Zor-El wiped HER memory, how did Lara forget this ?
                                Lara had never met the Kents, and had only her husband's word that they were a worthy family. It's not surprising she'd be worried about putting the fate of her only child in their hands.
                                edit - Jor-El never even met Jonathan and Martha, only Jonathan's parents. How could they know Jonathan would be like his father?

About Kara's hacking skills - with her speed she could easily have read everything about hacking within a few minutes, so it's not impossible.

About Kara being suprised when hearing about Krypton's fate - maybe she was in denial.

The things that bothered me most were Kara's memories. First, it makes no sense for Kryptonians to speak English among themselves, especially when still on Krypton. They should've had them speak some made up language and have subtitles or something. And second, Kara told Zor-El that the journey to earth takes three YEARS. A year, by definiton, is the time it takes EARTH to circle OUR sun once. Why would a Kryptonian use or even know such a measure?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎