Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy crap, did anyone see that coming?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that would mean Mohinder is probably alive too...hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by faz
      I sort of agree in that it is a little repetitive, but in their defense, it seems WAY too anticlimactic after the bomb last season to just have everyone fall back into their old lives like nothing ever happened. They have to find something for these people to do, and I think the virus is actually a good one for them to pursue. Unlike the bomb, the virus is going to affect the entire planet instead of just New York, and EVERYONE is going to feel the effects of it, it probably won't come down to everyone hunting down anyone who has an ability (mostly because almost everyone will be dead anyway).

The way I see it, at least Peter's not rediscovering Nuclear Ted's power and blowing up Cork. I mean, think of the poor guys, there's like 10 brewery's in that city, Dublin can't support Ireland's beer consumption alone.

yeah your right now the heroes finnally have something to do i was sick of seeing the twins driving a car for the past 3 episodes hiro trying to makeout with his ancient grandmother peter in a pub and nathan and mat have like the coolest storyline now they have something to ban together and fight
      Last edited by Randy G.; 10-30-2007, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
        So, another apocalyptic future which seems to resolve around New York again. Poor New York!
        I don't think it's going to be centered around NY, I think they're going for a much more global effect. I think the only reason they brought Peter back to NY for that was to show the damage the virus did, since the absence of people is definitely noticeable there

Comment

Originally posted by Dpyro
          yeah your right now the heroes finnally have something to do i was sick of seeing the twins driving a car for the past 3 episodes hiro trying to makeout with his ancient grandmother peter in a pub and nathan and mat have like the coolest storyline now they have something to ban together and fight
          You're funny.

You're right, though. It's been pretty lack-luster lately,
          except for a few good episodes. I think I only
          have an interest in what Peter, HRG, and Parman
          are doing. And I guess Mohinder, eventhough
          I don't like Monica very much. (These writers
          need to quit naming characters with names
          that start with the letter
          M!! For the love of cookies, next time name
          one Willamina or Icabod, even! Something different!!
          Ahhh, my brain.)

Comment

i kinda thought immediately that it was because of Maya's power. and btw, the day everyone evacuates is on my 19th birthday! woo

Comment

Originally posted by faz
              Right on, that green screen effect was terrible. In fact, are we sure it was even a green screen? It looked a lot like one of the backdrops we painted for a play in elementary school.
              Lol, a dude in the effects thread said it was blue screen. Green screen is supposedly superior technology, but of course Heroes, being as popular world-wide as they keep telling us it is, clearly can't afford it.

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
              I'm really looking forward to the "Four months ago" one. A lot of question which have been bugging me since they started this season should be aswered there.
              My main question is how Peter is using his past abilities without memories of the people he knew in the past, which to me, seems completely against season one's repeated teachings about the nature of how Peter's "empathic" based ability is supposed to work. Bad writing/inconsistent character development? I guess we'll find out.
              Last edited by Xanderman; 10-31-2007, 12:18 AM.

Comment

No I didn't see it coming but I can't say I was surprised when it did come. The wow moments for me were HRG killing Ivan and seeing the paintings. Also finding out that Peter and "Adam" whoever he is, were working together.

If Bob is Electro-KBell's dad, that explains a lot.

Comment

This remind me of that 2002 movie, Time Machine. No matter how much Dr. Hartdegan tried to change the past, the outcome in the future is the same. His fiance dies one form or another. He just could not prevent it. I think this is what Heroes is trying to do. No matter how much they try to stop the NYC from exploding, it will be destroyed tenfold.

Comment

Originally posted by citizenlen
                    This remind me of that 2002 movie, Time Machine. No matter how much Dr. Hartdegan tried to change the past, the outcome in the future is the same. His fiance dies one form or another. He just could not prevent it. I think this is what Heroes is trying to do. No matter how much they try to stop the NYC from exploding, it will be destroyed tenfold.
                    The concept in The Time Machine was slightly different, they followed a "single universe/single timeline" philosophy. Alexander went back in time to save his fiance. However if he saves his fiance, he would never have the need to go back in time -- thus creating a paradox. Time Machine's thing was that the universe has built-in mechanisms to protect itself against paradoxes. However Heroes has already shown us that they've adopted a multi-verse/multi-timeline approach, making paradoxes of the kind as above from Time Machine a complete non-issue basically. I prefer the Time Machine view of the universe myself...

The flaw in Time Machine's reasoning, however, was that future Alex could have simply told past Alex that he absolutely HAD to create a time machine and go back in time on a certain date to save his fiance from death. This would have ensured that the time machine was created and that he went back in time to save her each and every time -- yet this was never even considered or brought up as a possibility (which it obviously is).
                    Last edited by Xanderman; 11-04-2007, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
                      It's okay, Peter's immune!
                      What if Peter is the one who brings the virus back into the present? It's a time-traveling cause/effect paradox.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                        What if Peter is the one who brings the virus back into the present? It's a time-traveling cause/effect paradox.

they should just off peter if thats the case

i mean...think about it

he was the bomb...now he's the virus??

poor guy

Comment

Nathan: You brought the Virus, so we could save the world...

Peter: I love you Nathan.

Nathan: I love you too...just don't hug me or touch me or anything...because of, you know, the whole you being a walking virus timebomb thing...I thought mirrors were scary, you're ten times worse.

Peter:

Comment

Well, it does seem like a lot of the plots from the first season are being reused.

For instance: Mohinder-- no one believes his theories.

Not to mention another apocalyptic future.

Originally posted by Xanderman
                            My main question is how Peter is using his past abilities without memories of the people he knew in the past, which to me, seems completely against season one's repeated teachings about the nature of how Peter's "empathic" based ability is supposed to work. Bad writing/inconsistent character development? I guess we'll find out.
                            The memories are still in him, whether he remembers them or not. And I think his body is at the point where using the abilities are like muscle memory. He's not Peter Pan where he has to think happy thoughts to use his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                              The memories are still in him, whether he remembers them or not. And I think his body is at the point where using the abilities are like muscle memory. He's not Peter Pan where he has to think happy thoughts to use his abilities.
                              I'd be fine with that explanation if it wasn't for all the trouble season 1 went through trying to hammer home to us exactly how Peter Pan's abilities work (or don't work). If "muscle memory" was good enough, or if let's say something like regen was truly automatic with him, then why in each of the three times Peter died in season 1 did they make him "come back" with either Claire right next or near to him or after he had "thought about the way she made him feel"? I wish someone else other than Claire had pulled the glass shard out of his head last season, then I would be able to accept the Peter we're seeing this season with far more ease.

Comment

No no, that's not what I mean. It started out how he had to focus on his abilities, but after a while they became so second nature to him the abilities became muscle memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎