Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kensei, you got some 'splainin' to do

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't have to be an arrow in the chest..he must have gotten cut before..especially in those times. He would have noticed if he had immediatley healed before this, IF he had the power before he had Hiro.

Comment

i go with the eclipse theory. it seems to be very prominently displayed for such a normal occurrence to not mean anything big. the only problem with that is that the eclipse happened after a lot of heroes got their power. as for being around a hero to get power. well nathan flew for the first time when he was in his car, not near anyone and claire healed for the first time in oddessa not even close to any other heroes.

Comment

Ah the eclipse theory..I had forgotten about that. O_O! Yes..that does make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_girl
          not even close to any other heroes.
          that you know of....

I think it's been left pretty clear that Kensei's power first manifested after the eclipse/Hiro's arrival. In fact, after Kensei first healed, he then started trying out his power cutting himself on purpose trying to understand better how it worked.

I can't say which is the reason for the manifest of heroes' powers... I mean, had all of previous generations lived a solar eclipse? And if abilities were activated by other heroes, how did the first one of all manifest? Maybe it's just natural... anyway we can't deny the eclipse is REALLY important... I mean, it's the series logo!

To those who say healing is far away from living 400 years: first of all, Kensei has aged up to now because we suppose his power hadn't manifested yet. So if he's started healing now, his non (or looooww) aging process could start right away. Natural death? Most of them happen because of the degeneration of the body and our human system, so suppose your body, veins, organs, everything were constantly healing... you wouldn't even lose red globules (what's the word?) for example... I mean... I see it that way... your body would constantly roll back to 0km.

Comment

Theres a difference between what happens with cell regeneration and getting shot or stabbed.

Healing a wound like that usually would imply a increase in the rate of the platelets sticking together to form a clot to stop the bleeding and an increase in cells dividing to create the new skin or whatever.

In such a case would actually lead to a shorter life span not a longer one, since there is a set amount of times that your cells can divide before even the new ones start to degenerate.

It has a lot to do with metabolic rates as well, how much energy can his cells put out to do divide so rapidly.

For him to live forever he would need to have an unlimited amount of energy to allow his cells to divide at such an outstanding rate.

Comment

True, but you are attempting to generate too much real world logic and apply it to bigger than life super hero characters. For the most part, everyones powers on this show are copied from comic characters (with the majority being Marvel, and even further to X-Men) , and in comicdom the grandaddy of all healers is Wolverine. In the comics, hes recorded to have lived for well over a hundred years old by this point, and appears to be somewhere in the 30-40 ish year old range. So, it is likely he will one day die of old age, just not any time soon. I think its the same for Claire and Kensei

Comment

Well the reason i am is because every hero has something that makes them human, there not like the omnipotent, each power is going to have some backlash

Comment

Hell, living forever (or close to it) is backlash enough. Can you imagine outliving everyone and everything you love? You get to watch your children grow old and die, then their children, and theirs...so on and so forth. Eventually never bothering to get close to anyone because before you know it, they've died.

Comment

most people dont die from old age. they die from other things when they're old. such as alzetimers. i dont think that just because someone can heal theirself it would protect them against something like that. for that matter i dont think it would protect them against cancer cuz cancer is rapid cell growth, just not a good growth.

but im no doctor, so what do i know.

Comment

As you get older so increases your chances to get certain diseases you may not die of "old age" but you die as a consequence of it.

Your cells no longer can carry out work the way they use to anymore, your immune system is slower on the uptake, diseases like Alzheimer's a form of dementia is pretty much a degeneration of the brain cells. That is due to old age as well but also other factors of course.

I mean a direct flaw in the power, that is a consequence of having the power but where is the flaw in the power.

Claire for instance can't heal if there is a a damage to a certain part of her and if her entire brain is remove she dies.

So what would be kensei's? I think cellular degeneration would be a good one but they might not go down that path.

Comment

I think Kensei could be immortal. Technically your body begins to breakdown as you get older, so with a "super heal it!" power, he could stop that from happening.

Plus, Kensei could have been the one that dropped Kaito off of that building and then simply ran out of sight before Hiro could see.

Also, I think that pic of Pa Petrelli could totally be Kensei with glasses. How awesome would that be?! It could also explain why Kensei started his killing spree with Kaito, not only as a way to mess with Hiro but because Kaito totally hit Ma Petrelli and Kaito in Kensei's eyes had it comming to him for steppin' out with her, lol.

Comment

problem, they buried pa petrelli. he killed himself. they saw his dead body and than they buried him or cremated him but he defiantly died.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎