Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiro is stupid

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after reading this thread I am now officially confused...

My theory was always that Hiro would turn out to be his hero...-blinks- Uh..time travel...confusing. The writers didn't put him back there to have him live his childhood dream of helping his hero so we can all go "yay hiro is happy now! kthx" This is somehow going to affect all his friends in the future, and explain what that Kensei's symbol has to do with everything.

Comment

Re: Hiro is stupid

Originally posted by Merfish
      why didnt he just stop time and move a few feet instead of taking Yaeko to a freakin meadow!
      It's very easy to call someone stupid, but let's see how you react in the same situation. *plops you in a battle field surrounded by Japanese soldiers*

Obviously you would be chopped to bits, so perhaps you should have spent less time calling people stupid, and more time trying to master your teleportation (I don't see YOU stopping the clock with your mind at work.

Comment

On a somewhat related thought but I don't want to start t new thread for this question/comment.

When Ando and the lab guy were reading the story and came to the end of Hiro's letters, he wanted to know the rest of the story and find out what had happened.

Couldn't he just go read a current history or legends book to find out? Theoretically, if Hiro changed the past, shouldn't the present documentaion of the past show the difference?

Comment

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by one of the 12
            On a somewhat related thought but I don't want to start t new thread for this question/comment.

When Ando and the lab guy were reading the story and came to the end of Hiro's letters, he wanted to know the rest of the story and find out what had happened.

Couldn't he just go read a current history or legends book to find out? Theoretically, if Hiro changed the past, shouldn't the present documentaion of the past show the difference?

Any thing that 'changed' in the history would also alter his perception of it as well. Meaning, as he was not 'out of sync with time' like Hiro is, he wouldnt know anything changed. And it's not as though the history books will mention Hiro Nakamura, so he wont get the info he wants.

Now, to me, the bigger question is really...how in the wolrd has this ancient sword been passed through generations to varius museums and collectors and such... and no one noticed the little hidden compartment with the japanese letters on it on the hilt where he hid the letters to Ando? Whats the chances it would be some office drone (Ando) that first noticed it after several hundred years? That requires a bigger leap of common sense than anything else in this entire show does.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
              Any thing that 'changed' in the history would also alter his perception of it as well. Meaning, as he was not 'out of sync with time' like Hiro is, he wouldnt know anything changed. And it's not as though the history books will mention Hiro Nakamura, so he wont get the info he wants.

Now, to me, the bigger question is really...how in the wolrd has this ancient sword been passed through generations to varius museums and collectors and such... and no one noticed the little hidden compartment with the japanese letters on it on the hilt where he hid the letters to Ando? Whats the chances it would be some office drone (Ando) that first noticed it after several hundred years? That requires a bigger leap of common sense than anything else in this entire show does.
              I'm not saying he knew the present is different. He doesn't or hasn't seemed to be up in the whole life of Kensei story like Hiro was. He is worried about his friend Hiro, summarizing that since he has yet to return, he is possibly dead. I just thought that if he wanted to know how the battle ended, he could go read a current history book, granted it wouldn't mention Hiro specifically, but if it says that Kensei defeated White Beard he could assume that Hiro is alive.

I said the same thing the episode where he first found the scrolls. Unlike my whife who didn't get the fact they were 400 + years old. See actually said to me, "why did Ando need to have the scrolls translated, he should be able to read Japanese?" I couldn't stop laughing to explain that they were being restored not translated...

Comment

Lol! When Ando discovered the scrolls in the hidden compartment of the sword,
                I believe I actually said outloud, "Well that was convienient."

Comment

Hiro is a little naive but,he is NOT stupid

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                    Because then they couldn't have their Back to the Future moment. They didn't have Western Union in feudal Japan.

Comment

i still play pokemon, i won a tcg tournament back in '05 and got in the semifinals in a diamond tourny

Comment

Originally posted by Merfish
                        i still play pokemon, i won a tcg tournament back in '05 and got in the semifinals in a diamond tourny
                        That has to be the most random comment I have ever seen...you win the award!

And, um, on that whole pokemon thing? Seek help, I'm pretty sure they have an ointment or something for that.

Comment

A telemarketer who does Pokemon TCG on the side...

You are like the epitome of cool, my friend.

Comment

EEK!! Telemarketer?!?!?! I work for an answering service, telemarketers are the hell of my job. hehe I don't get just once call, I get them all. Over and over and over again.

Comment

I'm with Pycer...why are we bringing Pokemon into this forum now...are we relating Hiro's stupidity to Pokemon's stupidity...lol. NO i'm not saying Hiro is stupid cause he's not and i can't say Pokemon is either since i use to like it when i was kid.

Comment

Pokemon wasn't around when I was a kid...thank goodness...

and we walked six miles to school every day in six feet of snow uphill both ways barefoot and had to wrestle a bear

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎