No announcement yet.

Lana knows she has to let Clark go

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khyla
    IMO Lana said those things about letting Clark go, not because she thinks it's what she should or will have to do some day, but because she thinks that is what good, noble Lana would say, and it guarantees he'll remain completely devoted to her. She remembers how his eyes lit up with pride when he said, "I didn't know you had a secret plan to save the world." (ep7.04 "Cure") It's her way of manipulating him. Lana's a personal security hog who needs constant assurance that she's in control and has Clark's full allegiance. She full well knew he would not agree with her when she said those things about not wanting to hold Clark back. She just wanted a verbal confirmation and commitment of his total devotion to her.
    That's a whole new perspective I hadn't considered before, but I can certainly see that about Lana. It does put a new spin on what she did say and how she meant it. But I'm not a 100% feeling it yet because I truly believed that Lana meant what she said about Clark could be the one thousands could believe in. But I think she's feeling him out to see his dedication to her. While you've made me see the possibilities behind her actions, I'm not fully on board of this degree of manipulation. She clearly has her faults and I won't deny that.

Comment

HOW is Lana manipulating Clark? What has Clark done for Lana that helps benefit her schemes? Lana is not using Clark for anything. Lana does have an evil side, but she's only letting that out on the Luthors. She wants the best of both worlds; revenge and Clark. We know that she can't keep both and that's what this storyline is about. She's going to have to choose one or the other and we already know what it'll be: Clark.

Every heroine goes through their own dark times, this is Lana's.

That last scene where Clana talk about destiny and helping the world was a foreshadow of Lana letting Clark go for the benefit of the world. There was no hint of selfishness or manipulation in that 'ok'. It was weak because Lana didn't believe or agree with Clark's response, but she wasn't going to argue about his decision, as it is his decision to make. Lana knows that Clark is fighting his destiny and what he could be to the world, and from his words of 'everything I've ever wanted is right here on this farm', she knows that she'll have to let him go soon.

I'm not going to lie and say that Lana won't be a little selfish right now since he is the love of her life and she doesn't want to let him go, but in the end, she will. Which DOES make her the self-sacrificing type.

When has Lana ever tried to control Clark? You're twisting dialogue to match your response.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretzNLyz15
        HOW is Lana manipulating Clark? What has Clark done for Lana that helps benefit her schemes? Lana is not using Clark for anything. Lana does have an evil side, but she's only letting that out on the Luthors. She wants the best of both worlds; revenge and Clark. We know that she can't keep both and that's what this storyline is about. She's going to have to choose one or the other and we already know what it'll be: Clark.

Every heroine goes through their own dark times, this is Lana's.

That last scene where Clana talk about destiny and helping the world was a foreshadow of Lana letting Clark go for the benefit of the world. There was no hint of selfishness or manipulation in that 'ok'. It was weak because Lana didn't believe or agree with Clark's response, but she wasn't going to argue about his decision, as it is his decision to make. Lana knows that Clark is fighting his destiny and what he could be to the world, and from his words of 'everything I've ever wanted is right here on this farm', she knows that she'll have to let him go soon.

I'm not going to lie and say that Lana won't be a little selfish right now since he is the love of her life and she doesn't want to let him go, but in the end, she will. Which DOES make her the self-sacrificing type.

When has Lana ever tried to control Clark? You're twisting dialogue to match your response.
        i couldnt have said it better my self

Comment

Well you can't deny their is some manipulation, pretending to be all sweet when she just wacked Lionel in the head in order to keep him her prisoner. She clearly doesn't want Clark to see her vindictive side and that alone is manipulating the way he perceives her to keep him wanting her. I just don't agree with the depth of manipulation that Khyla is stating and I would have to watch further for more signs. It is clear that Lana is discovering that she too can do evil acts to suit her needs. And we all know that is definitely more Lex in her than Clark at this point in time. Possibly more Clark influence can change that. She's clearly not a total lost cause, but she is definitely tettering on that edge.

Comment

I know she's teetering on the edge, but she won't pass that line, as Clark will bring her back. There's no way that Lana is manipulating Clark and saying lines of his destiny just hear his 'utter devotion' to her. That's a pathetic reasoning. I never got any sign of Lana manipulating Clark for her own use in that scene nor any other scene.

I won't deny that Lana is manipulating the way she appears to everyone, but she's never used Clark for her own benefit.

Comment

^Agreed. And I do have faith that Clark will help her get back on track. But you can't deny the possibility that she could become what Khyla was suggesting, it is possible, just not plausible with Clark around.

Comment

I won't deny that Lana is manipulating the way she appears to everyone,

What?
                And what what would that be...i have yet to understand that sentence...
                If she is manipulating the way she looks to everyone..then it make her appear more of a lunatic...I can hardly think of a reason why she would do that...I don't she is using Clark...he is clueless..but if she is knowingly manipulating her behavior in the way she is appearing to others..Then this chickca has lost it..period..no need to explain or respond..

Comment

Originally posted by operadiva
                  I won't deny that Lana is manipulating the way she appears to everyone,

What?
                  And what what would that be...i have yet to understand that sentence...
                  If she is manipulating the way she looks to everyone..then it make her appear more of a lunatic...I can hardly think of a reason why she would do that...I don't she is using Clark...he is clueless..but if she is knowingly manipulating her behavior in the way she is appearing to others..Then this chickca has lost it..period..no need to explain or respond..
                  I meant that she's appearing to be fine on the surface, but she's really hurt and angry inside, hence the evil!Lana.

Comment

Lana is manipulative with Clark. She acts the way she thinks he likes, and says what she thinks he expects her to, BECAUSE Lana wants what's good for Lana. And what's good for Lana right now is a devoted Super-Clarky.

Throughout the series AlMIles have presented Lana as someone whose "love" is and always has been dependent on which guy she perceived to be able to keep her safer and protect her better, while putting her on a pedestal; and whoever appears to have the most prestige and/or power....
                    That used to be Lex Now it's Clark.

ex:
                    Whitney was the football star and owned a horse. "The ppl of this town treat him like a god." --Clark talking about Whitney.

Adam appeared to have unlimited knowledge and talents. ANd bathed her in constant attention.

Jason had money and the stones... and traveled halfway around the world just to be with her.

Lex had the power and means to provide answers and solve the problem of keeping the world, and her, safe from an extraterrestrial attack, while providing her with safety and comfort.

She obviously had renewed interest in Clark only when she witnessed the powers he had.

Comment

Lana's out of breath in the middle of the woods at night, holding a shovel she just used to wack Lionel senseless:

As she catches her breath, Lana snarles, "How did he escape, Marilyn!"
                      ..."I'm not paying you to make mistakes!"

Lana's cellphone rings.

She takes a few more breaths.

"Don't say a word!" she warns, and we watch her demeanor completely change.

"Clark, Hi!" her voice is almost lilting. "Just watching a movie with Aunt Nell."
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any way not to be cynical of her after watching that scene?

And there are lots more examples that show her manipulative, self-serving qualities. Lana comes first even above the rest of the world. She is not the self-sacrificing type.
                      That scene and the one with Lionel at the end of the episode really shows how manipulative she's become. I didn't find her all that self-centered and manipulative before she became a Luthor. Personally, I LOVED both those scenes. Why? Because it show's how she's become such a cunning back-stabbing b***h. It makes the show interesting, and I see it as a possible final end to the Clana relationship, which I'm actually a fan of, but hey, we all knew it has to end. I'm just tired of waiting.

Comment

Lana is manipulative with Clark. She acts the way she thinks he likes, and says what she thinks he expects her to, BECAUSE Lana wants what's good for Lana. And what's good for Lana right now is a devoted Super-Clarky.

Throughout the series AlMIles have presented Lana as someone whose "love" is and always has been dependent on which guy she perceived to be able to keep her safer and protect her better, while putting her on a pedestal; and whoever appears to have the most prestige and/or power....
                        That used to be Lex Now it's Clark.

ex:
                        Whitney was the football star and owned a horse. "The ppl of this town treat him like a god." --Clark talking about Whitney.

Adam appeared to have unlimited knowledge and talents. ANd bathed her in constant attention.

Jason had money and the stones... and traveled halfway around the world just to be with her.

Lex had the power and means to provide answers and solve the problem of keeping the world, and her, safe from an extraterrestrial attack, while providing her with safety and comfort.

She obviously had renewed interest in Clark only when she witnessed the powers he had.
                        Lana has never lost interest in Clark. Period. I still don't see how this proves that Lana is using Clark.

Comment

Lana doesn't want to believe it...but you can slowly see that she's starting to think that her relantionship with clark will not last. For now, she will happily play "wife" and pretend that clark will be here forever, with her...but she's starting to sense that it won't happen. She doesn't want to admit it because she loves him soo much and finally, there together with his secret out in the open (shame the same can't be said for her), she doesn't want it to end. Neither of them do...but it will, and they just don't wanna believe it....yet.

Comment

Originally posted by coolgal
                            Lana doesn't want to believe it...but you can slowly see that she's starting to think that her relantionship with clark will not last. For now, she will happily play "wife" and pretend that clark will be here forever, with her...but she's starting to sense that it won't happen. She doesn't want to admit it because she loves him soo much and finally, there together with his secret out in the open (shame the same can't be said for her), she doesn't want it to end. Neither of them do...but it will, and they just don't wanna believe it....yet.
                            And isn't it the way it should be? And isn't it a much more palatable way for it to happen, both for them and for the viewers? One major gripe about the relationship seems to be that they keep rehashing the same problems and all the focus on lies and honesty, etc. (the complaint of her holding him back from his destiny seems silly to me, not because it's untrue but because if she doesn't hold him back the show ends). Whereas now that Clark's secret is out, there's the growing realization that it can't work and that it's a more mature way of having the relationship end. I find it much more appealing and interesting to have a quiet ending to their relationship where they still respect and love one another (but no longer yearn) than I do the bickering and Lana's endless complaint that he's never honest with her.

Comment

^
                              Yeh, i agree. I know the clana will end (as much as i hate to admit it) at some point. A quiet ending is best for both of them, because if there is a roar about it, it'll certainly be harder for both of them to part and i think it would be painful for clana fans to watch.

Comment

Lana's out of breath in the middle of the woods at night, holding a shovel she just used to wack Lionel senseless:As she catches her breath, Lana snarles, "How did he escape, Marilyn!"..."I'm not paying you to make mistakes!"Lana's cellphone rings.She takes a few more breaths."Don't say a word!" she warns, and we watch her demeanor completely change."Clark, Hi!" her voice is almost lilting. "Just watching a movie with Aunt Nell." ----------------------------------------------------------------Is there any way not to be cynical of her after watching that scene? And there are lots more examples that show her manipulative, self-serving qualities. Lana comes first even above the rest of the world. She is not the self-sacrificing type.
                                Extreme Lana biased on full display. Clark, Chloe and Lois have all been manipulative or self-serving to various degrees over the course of this series. And I beg to differ....Lana has been self-sacrificing, particularly during her 3rd year with Clark, when she was willing to wait for him to get his act together. Of course, that never happened. But never let Lana truths get in the way of Lana fiction.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SecretzNLyz15
                                HOW is Lana manipulating Clark? What has Clark done for Lana that helps benefit her schemes? Lana is not using Clark for anything. Lana does have an evil side, but she's only letting that out on the Luthors. She wants the best of both worlds; revenge and Clark. We know that she can't keep both and that's what this storyline is about. She's going to have to choose one or the other and we already know what it'll be: Clark.Every heroine goes through their own dark times, this is Lana's.That last scene where Clana talk about destiny and helping the world was a foreshadow of Lana letting Clark go for the benefit of the world. There was no hint of selfishness or manipulation in that 'ok'. It was weak because Lana didn't believe or agree with Clark's response, but she wasn't going to argue about his decision, as it is his decision to make. Lana knows that Clark is fighting his destiny and what he could be to the world, and from his words of 'everything I've ever wanted is right here on this farm', she knows that she'll have to let him go soon.I'm not going to lie and say that Lana won't be a little selfish right now since he is the love of her life and she doesn't want to let him go, but in the end, she will. Which DOES make her the self-sacrificing type.When has Lana ever tried to control Clark? You're twisting dialogue to match your response.
                                True story!
                                Last edited by Raistlin; 09-15-2011, 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎