Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1-5 "The Education of Jaime Sommers" (10/24/07)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1-5 "The Education of Jaime Sommers" (10/24/07)

Talk about tonights episode here.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I REALLY want to give this show a chance... I LOVE the BW universe... but it's just not grabbin' me, ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by Joekur
      I REALLY want to give this show a chance... I LOVE the BW universe... but it's just not grabbin' me, ya know?
      How was tonight's show? I couldn't get myself to watch it tonight....

Comment

I really enjoyed tonight's show. It might be due to the fact that we didn't have to put up with Becca & her little attitude. It was good to see Jaime's interaction with the CIA agent. Since he's also in next week's show, does this mean he'll be around for awhile?
        When Jaime threw the melon & knocked that dude out, and the CIA guy asked her how she did that, she said "It's top secret." She should have said "Girls softball."

Comment

Other than the first 5 minutes (which I could have done without) I really liked this episode. BW is getting better and better.

My dh joked that they saw their ratings falling so they decided to create some spy vs spy romance like they have in "Chuck."

This episode had much better writing and overall plot continuity than we have seen in the past.

I did wonder what excuse Jaime had used with Becca to be gone so long.

Originally posted by Randy G.
          When Jaime threw the melon & knocked that dude out, and the CIA guy asked her how she did that, she said "It's top secret." She should have said "Girls softball."
          lol... that would have been a line worth quoting.

Comment

This is the 1st episode that I really didn't think it was so great. I gave it a 7. I think Sarah Corvis is very intresting and without her it's just not fun.

Comment

It was still just okay, like pretty much all of the episodes other than the pilot. There were some things I felt were better, but it turned into a "military show" and that really just made it boring.

Comment

Okay , so I tried to give it another chance.
                I was interested with the british accent.
                I liked that she went home with the guy, but instead of sending him out for pink champagne, why not have a suspenseful moment of her looking for the chip, finding it, and trying to escape the situation, instead of please get me drunk first.

Comment

LOVED the accent! I would have given it an 8 or a 9 if Miguel Ferrer were in it more...

I think she should stick with the accent - Maybe she was British the whole time, but one putting one over on the Berkut group! LOL! I hadn't seen Michelle Ryan before. I thought she was hot - but the accent gave her a 10x hotness boost.

Ok, I'm on about the accent - but there really is a valid point here - her acting abilities went way up when she used her native accent - her acting wasn't forced - she was more appealing, more believable - before this episode, I couldn't pin down what it was about her portrayal that bugged me - but now I know. Before, she always seemed to have this "Shield" or "Barrier" some kind of "thing" between her and us. When she dropped the American accent, she sold the part MUCH better.

If JoeKur were the producer? Well, I'd put Miguel Ferrer with a significant part in every episode, and I would find a way to let Michelle Ryan use her accent. I don't care how ("We've implanted this Accent Chip on your vocal chords, but it got stuck, you'll have a British accent for the rest of your life")

I think putting Jamie in a college class like that could have been pulled off - her eye has a photographic capability (I assume so since Steve Austin's did) - she could photo all the text books and then call them up whenever she needed them. Yes, that's a plot device, I know - but with how they did it, the bumbling made a neat moment, but the whole idea of her passing off as a grad-level (or close to it) neuroscience student was just a bit too unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Joekur
                    LOVED the accent! ....When she dropped the American accent, she sold the part MUCH better.
                    I agree with you 100%! She was great with the British accent.
                    Very witty, & you could tell she was much more comfortable.
                    I'll buy into the "implanted chip on her vocal chords getting stuck" thing.

Comment

I started a thread on this "accent thing" on the general page. I couldn't agree with you more. Not that the accent was a turn on for me (as I'm not into women) but she was a MUCH better actress when she could just drop the fake American accent and get down to acting. It was truly amazing. There was one scene in the dorm room where she was talking about Irish Literature where her acting was totally convincing right down to the natural flick of her eyes. It was a disappointment when she had to speak "american" again.

I liked that even in her phone conversations, when it was totally unnecessary they still had her speaking British. Remember, the guy on the phone asked why she was still speaking British and she said she was a "method actor." I think the reality is that the director realized too that she acts much better in her native tongue.

I agree that they should just let her speak with her natural accent. Hey, Kevin Cosner spoke with an American Accent in that Robin Hood Movie.
                      Last edited by closetclana; 10-25-2007, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Almost no Becca

British Accent

Spy Romance

No Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by JudasAce
                          Almost no Becca
                          Was I the only one that saw Becca sneak the drink?

And, yea, I think you're right (previous poster) - the director went, "Wow" when he saw the difference with the accent and told her - "Just go with it!" lol...

Maybe they can have her Visit England in an episode, then when she comes back the accent just sorta, "sticks," you know? or they can go with the whole "The Accent Chip is now irreversibly graphted onto your vocal chords. I'm affraid you'll be stuck with the accent (and the improved ratings) for the rest of your life (the show)

Comment

Great episode, best so far.

I don't really care for the Sarah character/actress at all, so her not being in the episode was a major plus for me. She just reminds me too much of the blonde from Andromeda.

Less Sarah = Better Show

That's an equation you can take to the bank my friends.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎