Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Knox is Jack the ripper???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure but when Lex was showing to Clark pictures of Knox, wasn't in one picture Napoleon Bonaparte?

Comment

Originally posted by TampaVille
      I loved the "I was Jack the Ripper" line! Best line of the episode. I'm so glad they had the guts to include it.
      Have to agree with you (and the several others who said this).

I thought Cain's performance in this role really saved an otherwise lackluster episode. I had a lot of gripes with this one, but Cain just sunk his teeth into that role, and the "Ripper" line was icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by samanta
        I'm not sure but when Lex was showing to Clark pictures of Knox, wasn't in one picture Napoleon Bonaparte?
        I believe it was, which is worse than saying he was Jack the Ripper. No one ever knew what Jack the Ripper looked like, but I've seen that famous portrait of Napolean and he looks nothing like Dean Cain. I thought that was pushing it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by samanta
          When showing that picture, Lex said it was in 1675, way too early for Bonaparte. I couldn't see it very well, but the clothes didn't look right for 1675, though.

Comment

Originally posted by redboots
            I believe it was, which is worse than saying he was Jack the Ripper. No one ever knew what Jack the Ripper looked like, but I've seen that famous portrait of Napolean and he looks nothing like Dean Cain. I thought that was pushing it a bit.
            Actually it was the best part of this episode IMO I haven't seen something so funny in long time.

Originally posted by chantal
            When showing that picture, Lex said it was in 1675, way too early for Bonaparte. I couldn't see it very well, but the clothes didn't look right for 1675, though.
            It's really Bonaparte. It's Napoleon crossing the Alps by Jacques-Louis David.
            Last edited by samanta; 10-19-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Actually it was the best part of this episode IMO I haven't seen something so funny in long time.
              I agree. I'm taking it too seriously lol. It's just that I've studied Jack the Ripper and know that his reasons for his murders went way beyond just taking body parts. But it was still a cool line delivered brilliantly by Dean

Comment

Originally posted by DarkChilde
                FYI It was a reference to the Orginal Star Trek, the episode was called "Wolf in the fold".

"The real "Jack the Ripper," a noncorporeal entity which feeds off the terror of others"
                Then we know where MM took Knox, Alpha Proxima II! And there were murders at the Martian colonies in 2005. Mars must be in a different time zone!

Comment

lol

Comment

wasn't napoleon known for being really short? dean is pretty tall

Comment

Originally posted by NotTodayPete
                      wasn't napoleon known for being really short? dean is pretty tall
                      Yeah some say he's only 5"2

Comment

the Wiki entry on Wikipedia says that he was Napoleans advisor

Comment

Originally posted by adromidon
                          the Wiki entry on Wikipedia says that he was Napoleans advisor
                          He's advisors to Napoleans and Hitler...WOW talk about the intellectual mind this guy have!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
                            He's advisors to Napoleans and Hitler...WOW talk about the intellectual mind this guy have!

OHHHHH! Okay! That makes much more sense. I hope that everybody who has complained about Dean Cain not looking at all like Napoleon can voice a silent internal apology to Al and Miles . They get a lot wrong, but apparently this time they're alright.

Comment

lol yeah

Comment

yeah Dean Cain really nailed Dr.Knox eh?

Kudos to casting ppl....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎