Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cma_454
    Seems to be a bit of Trek in Season 7:

Chloe's power (and her fear of using it) - Star Trek, The Empath

Curtis Knox's desire for an imortal mate - Star Trek, Requiem for Methuselah
    http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ode/68812.html
    And, most importantly, framing someone for murder by killing your own clone - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, A Man Alone

If Lex made clones the way Dr. Bashir did, I could see where a clone might not be "alive" in the growing human sense.

"Memorable Quotes

"Killing your own clone is still murder."

- Odo "

You tell em, Odo!!!

Although, Commander Riker and Dr. Pulaski had unauthorized clones of themselves destroyed. Maybe that was a clobortion.

Originally posted by samanta
    Actually it was the best part of this episode IMO I haven't seen something so funny in long time.

It's really Bonaparte. It's Napoleon crossing the Alps by Jacques-Louis David.
    So, do the writers not know when Napoleon was alive, or couldn't they find a picture that looked more like 1675?

They should have used "Butcher Cumberland" from 1745!
    Last edited by chantal; 10-21-2007, 01:33 AM.

Comment

who knows i bet they hired some fat nerdy guy sitting at his computer to do the reasearch for them and they just took him at his word.

wait I am some what fat and nerdy ! lol I could have used the money

Comment

Originally posted by adromidon
        who knows i bet they hired some fat nerdy guy sitting at his computer to do the reasearch for them and they just took him at his word.

wait I am some what fat and nerdy ! lol I could have used the money
        Haha. "Dammit, son of a ....."

Comment

lol

Comment

What's all this talk about Star Trek? Jack the Ripper was a serial killer from the 1800s who killed a few prostitutes.

Comment

Originally posted by dsfjr1190
              I thought Savage was a Batman's villian.....
              Savage has fought against a number of heroes over the years in the comics. He started out in 1943 as a villain of the Golden Age Green Lantern.

Originally posted by randy23
              Is Dr. Knox a homage to Vandal Savage? Smallville is suppose to be based on the DC continuity obviously the show has major alterations with the story plot, but the majority of the characters are intact.
              Dr. Curtis Knox is really just an alias used by him (much like Vandal Savage is in the comics, his true name is actually Vandar Adg). Other names he's gone by over the years include Julius Ceasar, Blackbeard, Genghis Khan and Jack the Ripper. Personally, I like the fact that they brought him in and we don't realize that he's Savage, until he confirms that he was Jack the Ripper.

Comment

I haven't seen anyone above mention the really cool lines (in my humble opinion). Knox says to Clark that he will never know the pain of living forever and watching his loved ones die while he lives on. Clark has kind of figured out, though, that he will live forever, barring being killed. He replies to Knox that "We're more alike than you think!"

Which has a double meaning, to me. One, the immortality, and two, that they've both played the Superman/Clark Kent character.

As an aside, there was an episode on Lois & Clark where they both find out that because of Clark's alien physiology, he won't ever die, and it's pretty hard for Lois to take. So it's very fitting that Dean Koontz played Knox (aka Vandal Savage) in this episode.

Comment

Maybe. The only way to kill Dr. Knox is to chop off his head there can be only one

Comment

The point of this thread is?

----- Added 58 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by jon-el87
                    Savage has fought against a number of heroes over the years in the comics. He started out in 1943 as a villain of the Golden Age Green Lantern.

Dr. Curtis Knox is really just an alias used by him (much like Vandal Savage is in the comics, his true name is actually Vandar Adg). Other names he's gone by over the years include Julius Ceasar, Blackbeard, Genghis Khan and Jack the Ripper. Personally, I like the fact that they brought him in and we don't realize that he's Savage, until he confirms that he was Jack the Ripper.
                    I thought this was a joke thread at first, but the man said he was Jack the Ripper? And how old is he? Jack the Ripper was from the freaking Victorian Age.
                    Last edited by The Caped Crusader; 03-22-2010, 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by The Caped Crusader
                      And how old is he? Jack the Ripper was from the freaking Victorian Age.
                      Well, if "Knox" is the guy most of us are reasonably certain he is, he's a lot older than that. Picture a caveman -- not a nice, metro Geiko caveman, but a primitive Savage with the bloodlust fully intact after getting hit by a prehistoric meteor rock, gaining immortality, IQ and then eons of experience. That would be this guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎