Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love it? hated it? What did you think of Cure?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cyclops1974
    Chloe going to the doctor is just a little too obvious. She just seems a little too weak and too afraid lately. Okay, so she's got meteor powers. "Maybe I can die the next time I save someone's life?" Umm, didn't she actually die saving Lois? And she came back to life, didn't she. If that's her power chances are she'll come back to life every time. Again and again and again. Just like a battery that needs to recharge. So what's the fuzz?
    I think Chloe's real fear is that she knows that the vast majority of meteor freaks end up either mad, pathological, criminal, vindictive, obsessive or a combination of all five. This in itself would be quite frightening, but combine that with Chloe's other very real fear - that of hereditary madness - then I think her reaction to the situation is quite plausible. Not the going to see Dr Knox part though - that was purely to engineer some dramatic tension!

Comment

• I gave it an 8. Overall, I thought the episode was well put together. Some nice little touches in there, the CK on the handkerchief, and Knox wearing a leather apron and referring to Jack the Ripper was a nice historical touch. Someone did some research.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dodge006
        Great lines, make that the best lines ever!

Royal Rumble between the aliens.

Chloeavge.

Dean FREAKING Cain.

What the hell is not to love? (other then Lana)
        I wasn't aware that Chloe had any breasts to have cleavage of. Seriously, what?

Originally posted by tibbit78
        Cure was a great episode, although I wish that Dean Cain hadn't played a bad guy (I'd like him to play a good alien that helps Clark Kent become the future Superman). That would have been great, if Dean Cain took the place of Christopher Reeve and help Clark Kent find his destiny, or to at least teach Clark how to fly. I did like seeing Dean Cain do the charity ad for paralysis.
        You don't think that would of been a bit, I don't know...

Cliche?
        Dull? Boring?
        Typical? Expected?
        Predictable?
        Repetitive?
        Uninspired?

You get my point, don't you? Nope, I like him the way they made him just fine. More than fine actually. This picture is AMAZING imagery.

Comment

• Originally posted by bychance
          I wasn't aware that Chloe had any breasts to have cleavage of. Seriously, what?

You don't think that would of been a bit, I don't know...

Cliche?
          Dull? Boring?
          Typical? Expected?
          Predictable?
          Repetitive?
          Uninspired?

You get my point, don't you? Nope, I like him the way they made him just fine. More than fine actually. This picture is AMAZING imagery.

Love the picture of Dean Cain & Tom Welling, Bychance.

Comment

• Loved the episode, Dean Cain was awesome as Vandal Savage.

8/10

Comment

• This episode is better than Firece but its not the best.Liked how dean cain was in it, and kara and jimmy were cute.But why does chloe have to get burned every episode?

Comment

• A 6 for me and that's after a few re watch. There's just something about most episodes in season 7 that fundamentally annoy me.

Comment

• This was... not my favorite Chloe-centric episode. I'm not sure what bothered me the most about this episode... The fact that Chloe was so cavalier about being willing to give up a ton of her memories simply to avoid the potential risk of going psycho without doing more research on Dr. Curtis Knox... Or the fact that Dean Cain, formerly one of my favorite Superman actors, was portraying a horrific murderer who performed surgery on people while they were still awake... Or the Chimmy and Kimmy "love triangle" angst... Or Lana promising she'd never lie to Clark, even though she was already keeping a few major secrets from him at this point... Still, it wasn't as horrendous as "Fierce," so I guess I'll give this... 5 kryptonite-infected organs out of 10, and that's being generous just because of the whole "You're going to forget me" conversation between Chloe and Clark.

Comment

• Just rewatched it. Pretty solid episode. Dean Cain did a really good job and Chloe was great in this episode. I also loved the song playing at the end of the episode. I give it an 8.5/10.

Comment

• Jeez, so fed up with the lies upon lies upon more lies. Every relationship is built on it on this show every since season 1. It's completely possible to have an interesting show without so many conspiracies and stuff. Their lives always turn upsidedown in the season finale because of secrets, do they ever learn?? NOO. I at least expected Chloe's character to be honest about her abilities to Jimmy but I was sadly disappointed. Her powers aren't even bad and it's not like she comes across a dead body to cry over everyday.
                      Last edited by hadezown; 04-11-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hadezown
                        Jeez, so fed up with the lies upon lies upon more lies. Every relationship is built on it on this show every since season 1. It's completely possible to have an interesting show without so many conspiracies and stuff. Their lives always turn upsidedown in the season finale because of secrets, do they ever learn?? NOO. I at least expected Chloe's character to be honest about her abilities to Jimmy but I was sadly disappointed. Her powers aren't even bad and it's not like she comes across a dead body to cry over everyday.
                        I have to agree, the secretive nature of all characters becomes a bad plot device all to often on the show

Comment

• We got a rare follow-up on a FOTW from the early seasons. Chloe runs into Sasha Woodsman at the Talon and automatically assumes that she has escaped Belle Reve. She doesn't consider that Sasha might've gotten better and been released. She is shown to be bigoted about the meteor infected, which ties into the plot of her trying to be cured. One could argue that she's met non-psycho MF and should know better. However, the funny thing about bigotry is: it's easy to develop. Not so easy to get rid off.

Sasha's appearance makes one think about other past FOTW, apart from those that died and Greg Arkin (who would return in a later episode). Were they also locked up at Belle Reve? Were they also sent to 33,1.? Did some of them also have the operation and become cured? Or are they still stuck at Belle Reve, possibly for the rest of their lives? This episode would've been a good place for some follow-up on a lot of past FOTWs. Have some of the dialogue discuss what happened to all those characters.

This episode also features former Superman actor Dean Cain as Dr. Curtis Knox. I do wish they had given him a better role to play. If you're going to bring back these old actors, at least make something special out of it (like they did with Christopher Reeve), so it doesn't just feel like you're checking off a name on a list. Knox is, of course, an adaptation of Vandal Savage. However, they weren't allowed to use that name. Not that I think it matters. Going by the comics, Savage's real name is Vandar Adg. Vandal Savage was simply what he was known as, when he first encountered the original Green Lantern. And Lex notes that Knox has had thousands of names. "Curtis Knox" is merely what he's known as right now. In the future, Clark and the others could learn that Alan Scott has had run-ins with this immortal man, in the past. During which time the man was known as "Vandal Savage".
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 06-06-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎