No announcement yet.

Sylars Intentions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
    Perhaps 2012 is when Heroes would be up for contact renewal with the network
    Let's hope so....

Comment

Originally posted by XSE_Greystone
      Personally i just think he went back to his old name because he technically became Sylar once he began taking people's powers and was trying to live that life. But now that he no longer has those powers (or doesn't have them at the time) he refers to himself as he was once before...just normal Gabriel Gray (except for his power to see how things work which he didn't consider a power at first).
      You and ShelbyKent going existential on us?

That's a definite possibility. Either way, it's something to think about, and I definitely took notice of it when he said it, especially after looking at the Sylar watch for a few seconds. I also liked Maya's angel quote there...pretty ironic thing to say to him.

By the way, that avatar is AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by faz
        I definitely took notice of it when he said it, especially after looking at the Sylar watch for a few seconds.
        It's pretty symbolic and a nice use of imagery: His Sylar watch appears to be broken. His "Sylar powers" are broken/non functioning as well.

Comment

It's been broken since last season.

It was broken in the coffee shop for example where he killed the waitress lady, whatever her name was.

Last edited by The_Frag_Man; 10-18-2007, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Yes, it was definitely symbolic, but I have to agree with The Frag Man, I don't think the broken watch was supposed to be symbolism since he's had that throughout the whole show (except in six months ago). I think it was more to show that even though he manifested this whole other being named Sylar, in a sense, that this alter-ego if you will is now gone, at least until his powers are returned. Either way, pretty powerful scene.

Comment

I think it was why he used his real name, the "Sylar watch" was broken like he is without his powers.

Comment

i mean it kind of makes sense to say his name is gabriel i dont think he wants to go around telling people that his name is sylar that name just sounds evil

Comment

Originally posted by faz
                  You and ShelbyKent going existential on us?

That's a definite possibility. Either way, it's something to think about, and I definitely took notice of it when he said it, especially after looking at the Sylar watch for a few seconds. I also liked Maya's angel quote there...pretty ironic thing to say to him.

By the way, that avatar is AWESOME.
                  Going existenial? And yeah i really liked the angel quote myself.

And whose avatar were you referring to?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎