Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monica's Power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a "brain rewiring", whatever she visually sees is "imprinted" in her brain and in her muscles (mind leading intent leading the body).
    Think of it as suped up mutant visualization skills.

A few papers have been done on this and it works quite well.

Comment

In regards to Micah, he can control or manipulate electronic circuits so is it not possible that he can have some control over people too? I mean, nerve impulses are small electronic signals ranging from 40-70millivolts i believe. It may be a minute reading but its still part of an "electronic circuit" right?

That shot of him hugging Monica, maybe he did do something to her, I know she did the tomato carving thing before this scene but she had no idea that she was doing it at the time. Then after contact with Micah she somehow knew she'd be able to do that 619 move

Comment

Can Monica only mimic actions that she sees through the television? It kinda makes sense that her power does work through TV only since Micah's power is related to the manipulation of electronics. It makes sense that similar or related powers runs in the family.

Oh well, I guess we have to wait and see if Monica can mimic an action that she witnesses live/ in-person

Comment

Yeah!I was wondering what Miccah was doing there.But,I can't help but,thinking that he might have awaked her power even more while he was touching her.She acted really stunted after what she just did at the restaurant.This boy will be very dangerous if can control technologie & mutant's powers too.

Comment

No i don't think her power is TV based...it's just what she sees. And i love the idea AbbyLei of Micah controlling the electrical circuits of the body...i'm really skeptical about him being able to control people's powers as well...but if he does it might be a sign of something to come once he masters his power.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
              Yeah!I was wondering what Miccah was doing there.But,I can't help but,thinking that he might have awaked her power .
              Interesting thought. Perhaps that's how everyone's power is activated? When you come in contact with another super-powered individual? I'm thinking back now.... Does that work for all the characters?

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
                Interesting thought. Perhaps that's how everyone's power is activated? When you come in contact with another super-powered individual? I'm thinking back now.... Does that work for all the characters?
                No, they're related. I thought it all runs in the family, no?
                Hence Parkman's dad.....

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                  No, they're related. I thought it all runs in the family, no?
                  Hence Parkman's dad.....
                  Yeah being genetically related is a big factor. But actual manifestation, when does that happen? Or what triggers it? Like that poor chick in the diner, the one with the eidetic memory. Her powers started to manifest when she met Hiro, right?

Comment

Monica prolly has "copy" ability, like Sharingan! Wait...u guys don't watch Naruto rite...?

Comment

Yeah being genetically related is a big factor. But actual manifestation, when does that happen? Or what triggers it? Like that poor chick in the diner, the one with the eidetic memory. Her powers started to manifest when she met Hiro, right?
                      No, Charlie knew about her memory long before she met Hiro. She knew lots of facts already.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie
                        No, Charlie knew about her memory long before she met Hiro. She knew lots of facts already.
                        But didn't hero time travel? So he knew her before he met her (gah that sounded so confusing!), that's why he was in that picture on the wall during her birthday

And Parkman didn't manifest until he was looking for Molly who was hiding under the staircase in her house.

And Monica just started manifesting when Micah moved in, right?

Comment

Monica has an ability that is relatively obscure, but potent. As noted in earlier posts, the ability is called "photographic reflexes". In essence, she can instantly reproduce any physical action she witnesses, either live or via recording. Thus far, this consists of tomato carving and a pro-wrestling move. As someone remarked earlier, this may seem "lame", but exercise a little imagination.
                          What happens if you sit this girl down in front of a screen and make her watch 6 hours of Boxing Matches, Olympic Sports , and Bruce Lee movies? This would create a person with incredible athletic and fighting prowess ...in 6 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Reighnhell
                            Monica has an ability that is relatively obscure, but potent. As noted in earlier posts, the ability is called "photographic reflexes". In essence, she can instantly reproduce any physical action she witnesses, either live or via recording. Thus far, this consists of tomato carving and a pro-wrestling move. As someone remarked earlier, this may seem "lame", but exercise a little imagination.
                            What happens if you sit this girl down in front of a screen and make her watch 6 hours of Boxing Matches, Olympic Sports , and Bruce Lee movies? This would create a person with incredible athletic and fighting prowess ...in 6 hours.
                            She can do anything, given the right visual material

Comment

But didn't hero time travel? So he knew her before he met her (gah that sounded so confusing!), that's why he was in that picture on the wall during her birthday

And Parkman didn't manifest until he was looking for Molly who was hiding under the staircase in her house.

And Monica just started manifesting when Micah moved in, right?
                              Maybe they manifested before that. It's hard to say. But with Charlie, she had the ability before she met Hiro, and he did not appear in the photo until he traveled back into time, thus changing the timeline. So she would have manifested regardless. We will have to know a lot more about these powers before we can say if it is triggered by being around others. There is evidence for and against the theory. Claire for instance, Claude, the Haitian (I believe), Molly, Hiro, did not appear to be around others with powers before they manifested. Others like Peter, Sylar, found out about their powers when they were around others for obvious reasons. Micah, DL, and Nikki would be an interesting test case, who first manifested, but we simply don't know. My opinion at the moment is that it is all coincidental.
                              Last edited by Sharkie; 10-17-2007, 01:11 AM.

Comment

She can do anything, given the right visual material
                                I think so too. Man, if only I could do that....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎