Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is everyone dumb on smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilariousssssly accurate, and I'm just now watching this entire series in 2018. The minutia is irrelevant and doesn't require imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
      They blank out alot of the obvious things in this show, but what i dont like is how they make lex, who is a smart guy, seem stupid. he's looking into kara being the one who saved him at the dam and quickly draws up the fact that she isclarks cousin. lex should know by now the two really truely are aliens considering the fact that Clark doesnt have a record of ever being born and Kara doesnt even have a birth certificate to get a job, much less a social security number so she too doesnt have a record of ever being born. based off of this wouldnt you be ready to haul some alien but to a lab with meteor rock in hand to experiment? i mean jeez. the only other person to know clark wasnt a real human was Jason teague. he said it himself that clark kent didnt have a record of ever being born and the more he dug into things the more he saw clark wasnt normal. shouldnt lex have seen things the same way i mean i know whenever he gets close Clark seems normal but when he isnt looking he hears or catches a glimpse of clark doing something remarkable.
      Actually, they establish in "Action" that Chloe's taken care of legal documents for Kara. So, she does have a birth certificate and social security number. As for Jason, his remark about Clark not having any record of ever being born makes him look stupid, not Lex. It's public knowledge that Clark is adopted. This means that Clark's biological mother either put him up for adoption, when he was born, or Clark was found as an abandoned baby. In the case of the latter, there certainly wouldn't be any record of his birth. The young Clark would've been found alone on the streets of Metropolis and taken into custody of social services. After the kid's parents isn't found after a while, the kid was put up for adoption and adopted by the Kent family. Yet, Jason came across like he was saying "there's no record of Martha Kent having given birth to him". He appeared to believe that the Kents were supposed to be Clark's biological parents (because, he's, apparently, never heard of adoption).

Realistically, no one would assume that someone is an alien, just because they don't have a birth certificate or social security number. Just look at illegal immigrants. They don't have social security numbers. Does this mean that they're aliens from another planet? At the end of the day, this was a TV show. No one wants to sit through a 40 minute episode, devoted to nothing but the legal matters of creating a fake identity for Kara. Them just sitting there, while Chloe goes over the documents she's faked for Kara. Especially as the whole thing's resolved by one line in "Action". Granted, "Action" was after this one, but there Chloe just says that she's created a fake backstory for Kara. Presumably, she's already taken care of basic legal documents like birth certificate and social security number. The backstory she's created by "Action" is just what Kara did between her birth and showing up in Smallville in 2007.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 05-09-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it's a little harsh to call people dumb based on the points that you brought up. As the other commenters on this thread already explained, they did cover those issues in the episodes.

although... I'll agree that sometimes, some people on the TV show seem to carry the idiot ball around for no good real reason other than to advance the plot. Having Lex be the super genius that he actually is and putting one and one together would create so many problems for the writers.. problems that the TV writers couldn't write themselves out of. So for plot's sake, they had to dumb him down some so that the story could go on.

Would've had loved to see some of those characters actually react to things in a realistic way, heh. I would've had loved to see how they would actually handle those problems that having a cast of intelligent, competent characters would had created... but I guess the TV writers couldn't do that.. they don't have the time to devote themselves to that kind of thing. They were too busy churning out epidose scripts.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎