Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So did Sylar get Candace's power or not?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patient101
    Candice said that she would help him 're-obtain' his powers...
    But right after she said that he killed her, speaking as if he had Eden's power of persuasion.......I am confused.
    Sylar is probably infected with the virus as well.

Comment

If Sylar was infected with the virus then he wouldn't have been able to use his TK ability to saw off Candice's head to obtain her ability. If he couldn't do that then he would have wondered what was going on before he couldn't use Candice's power right? I know I definitely saw blood on his hands though right before he tried to use her ability but her head seemed to be intact, which struct me as odd.

Comment

He didnt use his TK to saw her head off, he used a broken shard of a cup or plate or something. I think he assumed she was somehow preventing his power usage. Oh, and welcome to the message boards, gregory!

Comment

But didn't they say if you're infected with the virus you don't loose the powers completely, at least at first? You just can't use them all the time, whenever you want. Some kind of temporal loss. That would explain why Sylar would have his powers when killing Candace, and not having them the very next moment, no?
          Maybe I am wrong......

Comment

Thanks

I guess that makes sense because he knew he couldn't use his TK to move the cup earlier in the episode. So he knew he would have to use other means to get into her head. She told him that he lost all his abilities and that "they" would help him aquire them back. Then he made the comment right before he killed her saying that he would start the aquistion process with her.

Comment

But I still don't get it......why start acquiring when he knows he's not ready/cured yet?

And why Eden's voice of persuasion?
              I am confused.....

Comment

I didn't see any voice of persuasion power...was there perhaps alcohol involved with you that night?

And how did he know he wouldnt be able use it? He had every reason to believe it was her causing his super powered performance issues (would ****** fix that?) and well, Sylar is nuts soo...theres that...

Comment

its as if they put sylar near the hatian, only, the hatian isnt there so lol, but yeah, maybe its something along those lines, i doubt his powers are gone

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                    I didn't see any voice of persuasion power...was there perhaps alcohol involved with you that night?

And how did he know he wouldnt be able use it? He had every reason to believe it was her causing his super powered performance issues (would ****** fix that?) and well, Sylar is nuts soo...theres that...
                    Watch it again. He was definitely using Eden's voice of persuasion before he killed Candace.

Comment

I noticed the same effect, but he doesn't have Eden's power.

I think it was just for coolness.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Frag_Man
                        I noticed the same effect, but he doesn't have Eden's power.
                        Well, how do we know that? Last season, whenever he (or Eden) spoke like that, it was due to the power of persuasion, no?

Comment

Because Eden shot herself in the head.

No brains for Sylar to gander at.

Comment

We know that he doesn't have Eden's power, she killed herself before he could scalp her. I think it's just a creepy voice used for dramatic effect.

Also, I don't think he got the power (Candace's). It would, as someone mentioned (the God thing), make him to powerful. He could just project an illusion and take over the entire world.

Comment

OK, you guys are apparently right. Thanks.

Comment

No need to thank me, it is my pleasure to be correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎