Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clois moment

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it was definitely a very cute and entertaining moment. That's also exactly why Clark fits a lot better with Lois then with Lana. With Lana, everything seems to end up in serious angsty drama, but Lois is just cool and can take things lightly while still being serious.

Anyway, I don't think Clark would run straight into Lana's arms the moment he sees her. I think (and hope...) that he'll be at least a little angry about the pain she caused him and everyone else by faking her murder.

Comment

Why would Lex clone Lana when he was already married to her?

He said to Lana that model 503 wasn't even alive, but if that were the case, if she was just a failed experiment then why would Lex keep the clone around? It doesn't make any sense...unless it's another example of the twisted obsession Lex Luthor has in regards to Lana.

Comment

Re: Why would Lex clone Lana when he was already married to her?

Originally posted by StrangeVisitor1979
        He said to Lana that model 503 wasn't even alive, but if that were the case, if she was just a failed experiment then why would Lex keep the clone around? It doesn't make any sense...unless it's another example of the twisted obsession Lex Luthor has in regards to Lana.
        He had to do something while she was gone

Comment

yesb well, this treath is for the clois moments, not for silly things, so I have to thank for another clois moment in this 7 season, I

Comment

i loved the look in lois' eyes when clark said goodbye, it was good writing.
            I would love to see more clois moments.
            I think lois is fun to watch and when she spars with clark its amusing. Cause you know lois loves to tease clark. Its great.

Comment

I love their scenes together. They seem so natural and lighthearted.A sharp contrast to Clana angst!

Comment

It was nice. I wish every episode had a lil Clois moment, even with Clana around. lol.

Comment

This was exactly perfect. Not too much, not angsty, not too many needless words. A few looks, a smile and that is all that is needed with Clois...

Comment

Clois moment was really perfect and can only hope we get many more.

Comment

That was SUCH a priceless cute scene. I remember what a pleasant tizzy we all got into after Zod's hand-holding scene last season; this season has begun on an even more heartfelt note for the two of them. It was great to see the Bizarro comfort hug; and here in Kara, what could be sweeter than Lois' genuine simple regret that Clark should leave Smallville?

My, have we come a long way from "Devoted"! In a way Lois and Clark have come full-circle from their first meeting and leave-taking. That time Lois punched him and threatened to return while Clark complacently watched her go. It's funny, because in a sense Lois is the more demonstrative of the two (despite her gruff exterior).

Clark's teasing "I'm surprised, Lois. I thought you'd be happy to get rid of me" (or whatever he said) was delivered more gently than his usual needling but there was a little triumph there as well. He realized that he'd already gotten to Lois' vulnerable side.

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                      i loved the look in lois' eyes when clark said goodbye, it was good writing.
                      I would love to see more clois moments.
                      I think lois is fun to watch and when she spars with clark its amusing. Cause you know lois loves to tease clark. Its great.
                      Don't you mean that was good acting by Erica? Though I agree the writing was just right as well.

I also agree wholeheartedly that it's fun to watch Clois banter. Not only does Lois love to tease Clark to a ridiculous extent, but so does Clark. I always remember the time he grinned into the camera when Lois stepped into dogpoop behind him. (S4, Krypto?)

Originally posted by puppiesnkittens
                      Great little scene. He wanted to say good-bye to her. Aw..
                      Wasn't that great? It was so cute and unexpected that Lois had to teasingly remark on it. "You can't break up with me, Clark. We're not even a couple."

It was great to see Lois in her more mellow mood towards Clark (in honor of Lana's death). Her concern over his joining her investigation instead of getting comfort with Cloe was nicely and naturally done. Lois has such a maternal side (as seen in "Lucy" esp. and towards Chloe all the time).
                      Last edited by LoisL; 10-10-2007, 01:33 AM.

Comment

It's actually very cleverly written and played, and makes a whole lot more sense than the random hand-holding scene from 'Zod' in season 6. That was a strange one because Clark had stopped by the Planet earlier to see Chloe, and he seemed a bit disappointed that she only saw their kiss as a 'the world is ending and I might not see you ever again' type of deal rather than the beginnings of a relationship.

Here, we again see the two of them naturally working together towards a common goal which is something that happened a lot even before they actually started to work together.

Clark wants to tell her in person that he's leaving and though she understands his reasons why (and is very sympathetic towards him following's Lana death), she still tries to mask her sadness behind reasons for him to stay (looking after the farm, her need to have someone to pick on). He even teases that he thought she'd be glad to get rid of him, which she immediately tosses aside. During this conversation, Lois is working hard to mask her disappointment and the fact she will miss him when he's gone.

When he turns the discussion to the present and why they're out in the woods, that's the moment her mask slips. She turns away from him and looks devastated, but is fortunate that spotting Kara's ship so soon took her mind off the matter. She can get on comfortable ground right away and begin snooping.

If you look over the storylines in season 7, there were huge stretches where they didn't interact either because their storylines were kept separate or because she wasn't in the episode, but the scenes we do get see the two of them on much friendlier terms. He provides a friendly shoulder haflway through the season, and she goes out of her way to reciprocate by the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎