Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosey
    Since Smackdown! hadn't aired yet this week I grabbed last week's numbers for comaprison.

So Smallville with 5.08 beat Smackdown! with 4.91 (and NTM with 4.85) last week and we have yet to see about this week.
    I think Smallville's final rating for premiere epi. "Bizarro" was 5.18 mil.{not to split hairs or anything}

Comment

Wow I actualy thought Kara will have more viewers than " Bizzaro " , because of Supergirl , that really suprized me..

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
        These are the overnights, right? I recall the ratings going up once the official ratings came out last week, let's hope for the same here.
        Those are the fast nationals. The over nights (or metered market ratings) are what K-Site usually posts every week. The final nationals are what come out later in the day, usually around 7 EST. But it's possible there will be a delay today and we won't get the final numbers until tomorrow morning.

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
        I predict a 4.8mil final rating. As good as Bizarro was and the tease of Kara/Supergirl people would've wanted to see her in action. If it got 5mil, I'd be surprised. I think the last time thats happend was early S5.
        Where have you been? SV got above 5 million viewers last week, and it had three eps. last year that had 5 or above: "Fallout," "Justice," and "Labyrinth."

--

I believe there were six weeks were SV aired an original and ANTM did not. Remember, BatG took over the Wednesday at 8 slot until the last Wednesday of February, when ANTM returned. In that time, 6.10 - 6.15 premiered. And though it's no big deal, ANTM went below the 5 million mark 3 times during Cycle 8.

--

Here's last week's CW standings (ranked by viewer) according to the final nationals:
        Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-05-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
          I think Smallville's final rating for premiere epi. "Bizarro" was 5.18 mil.{not to split hairs or anything}
          Oh yes you were!

I just grabbed the numbers that were handy from the available website linked above. The real point was that Smallville is doing well in relation to the other CW shows.

Strange thing about ratings. I've never even heard of anyone knowing anyone who participates. And if they're not counting satellite viewers they have to be off even more than I think they are.

Comment

1. Smallville (Season Premiere): 5.18 million viewers
            2. America's Next Top Model 4.9
            3. Friday Night Smackdown! 4.22
            4. Reaper (Series Premiere): 3.28
            5. Beauty and the Geek: 2.98
            6. Reaper (R): 2.53
            7. Gossip Girl: 2.48
            8. Everybody Hates Chris (R): 1.83
            9. Everybody Hates Chris (R): 1.78
            10. The Game (R): 1.74
            11. Girlfriends (R): 1.52
            12. America's Next Top Model (R): 1.1
            13. CW Now: 0.79
            14. Gossip Girl (R): 0.78
            15. Online Nation: 0.69

Comment

So do we have the rating for Kara yet? Did I miss it amongst all these guessing games?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey
                Oh yes you were!

I just grabbed the numbers that were handy from the available website linked above. The real point was that Smallville is doing well in relation to the other CW shows.

Strange thing about ratings. I've never even heard of anyone knowing anyone who participates. And if they're not counting satellite viewers they have to be off even more than I think they are.
                Point taken I'm so happy that Smallville is doing well in the ratings, it's my favorite show!!
                Everyone, where I live has either DISH or Direct TV. How can the ratings be fair or accurate if they are not counted? Do they just count TVs with antennas!

Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
                So do we have the rating for Kara yet? Did I miss it amongst all these guessing games?
                Yes, it was 4.56mil. for the overnights. The finals could be higher More info on previous page of this thread.
                Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 10-05-2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks to Travis Yanaan at PIFeedback!

"Kara" Final Nationals!

Smallville
                  - 4.586 million viewers
                  - 2.9/5 HH
                  - 1.9/5 A18-49
                  - 2.1/7 A18-34

The positives:
                  - "Kara" retained 100% of "Bizarro's" audience of adults ages 18-49 (1.9/5) and 18-34 [the CW's "target audience"] (2.1/7).
                  - SV is still up from its year ago performances.

"Kara": 4.59 million viewers
                  "Sneeze": 4.52

That's a 70K difference.
                  - SV will once again finish on top this week, unless Life Is Wild is a surprise hit (okay, stop laughing) or Smackdown does better.

Here's the averages for the first two eps. of Ss. 6 & 7:

S6: 4.74 million viewers
                  S7: 4.89

150K diff.
                  Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-05-2007, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I would like to put up a poll for how we all watch SV and SN. Something like:
                    Over the Air (antennas)
                    Cable
                    DirecTV
                    Dish Network
                    Internet

I think that should cover it all. When we get the finial results we need to send them to both the CW and AL/Miles.

Just not sure how to do this????

Thanks,

Jack

PS: I also think that the CW could do with more advertising, all we get where I live (north CA) is for Dr, Phil and Gossip Girl and the only SV we get is on the CW station, which is a bummer!

Comment

When you make your poll be sure that multiple options can be selected.

I get CW both over-the-air and on DirecTV.

As for your internet option, refer to rule 9 of the board.

Comment

I watch TV over the airwaves.....I thought all people got tapped for Nielsen ratings, you just have to have a box........

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                          Where have you been? SV got above 5 million viewers last week, and it had three eps. last year that had 5 or above: "Fallout," "Justice," and "Labyrinth."
                          You're right.

Comment

Not everyone has a Nielsen box, but those who do represent over a thousand people each. So you're being represented, just not counted.

Yah, it's not completely accurate, but the only way Nielsen could get total accuracy is if everyone was tracked, and that would be expensive and I doubt everyone would agree to having their television viewing habits monitored.

Comment

I guess I was right I going to a 4.5 million min...

Comment

Unfortunately. I was surprised it dropped so low.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎