Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kensei Theory

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I can see the best reason for Kensei being related to Claire is that they are both blonde. He could be an ancestor on her mothers side. On the other hand, in the 500 years probably every caucasion (and other ethnicities) has had a blonde in the family, so maybe not. The healing ability is probably a coincedence, unless we want to suggest that Nathan and West are related, and given how close he and Claire are probably going to get that could be decidedly icky.

Comment

I wouldnt jump to claire being a lizard nessicarily but your right about the fact that while lizards can regrow limbs or whatever it doesnt mean they live forever. Unlike lizards though claire heals from any type of wound so she may have immortal capabilities. I mean in all reality we are aged by outside influences (like free radicals) destroying our bodies, so theoretically if she can heal from all that then she would be able to live forever...

Comment

Also though certain animals can repair limbs, none to my knowledge can repair that quickly - her toe grew back in seconds. I think she would be able to live an extrodinarily long life. However, if her head were to get severed which half would grow back?

Comment

umm... im pretty sure that would just sorta equal death.... I dunno. I think she would have to be put back together to recover from that if she could. Also it has been stated that her power lies in her brain so if she where to grow back a part then her head would regrow the body....

Comment

Originally posted by Patient101
            I dont really agree with you on the point you made about claire needing to be related to kensei to have the same power... We have already seen that claire's new boyfriend can fly just as well as nathan and yet, unless nathan has tons of illegitamate kids out there (which just makes this relationship gross), then it proves that the same power can sprout up in different people without genetic connection.
            See, I agree with you over the flying kid and Nathan, but the fact that Kensei lived, what, 500 hundred years before Claire? and as the same power as her, I find that just a bit too coincidental. It's obviously true what you said that they don't need to be genetically related, but the fact that one of them lived before the other just really kinda pushes that to my mind. I very well could be wrong, but that's just what I'm thinking.

Comment

Remember peter, the human bomb? He went nuke, and obviously what happened to his body wasn't shown. If he was vaporized in the blast, head and all, he obviously regenerated from ashes! Which in theory, if he has claire's ability, then if she was decapitated, her head would regrow, but her memory would be lost. Kinda like reformating a PC. You keep the pc, but everything on the hardrive is toast!

Comment

It wasnt the nuke blast that wiped peters memory, it was the haitian

Comment

I am loving this season

So many possibilites, so few Mondays

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                    It wasnt the nuke blast that wiped peters memory, it was the haitian
                    Where do you get that idea?

Comment

He got that idea from the fact that peter has no memory, and wiping people's memories is the Haitians power... that and peter is now wearing the haitian's necklace... lol.

Also, technically Nathan lived before west did too so Im still not buying that connection... sorry.

Comment

Agreed, the necklace (IMO) links Pete's memory loss to the Haitian.

I am still waiting to find out about Nathan's burned face, it has to be in his mind since Parkman didn't seem to notice anything odd.

Comment

Did the Haitian and Peter get in contact with each other before?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
                            Remember peter, the human bomb? He went nuke, and obviously what happened to his body wasn't shown. If he was vaporized in the blast, head and all, he obviously regenerated from ashes! Which in theory, if he has claire's ability, then if she was decapitated, her head would regrow, but her memory would be lost. Kinda like reformating a PC. You keep the pc, but everything on the hardrive is toast!

I dunno... HRG said that even claire had limits... I cant imagine it can get much worse than being turned into a pile of ash, so i would sincerely doubt that she could heal from that, in fact i would garuntee it. On the note that peter was vaporized in the blast I would simply point out that Ted never showed any damage from the use of his powers, no matter how much evergy he released, so I would assume that neither peter or sylar will either...

Also it has been made clear that claire's power is contingant on her brain... thats why in the first season when she died and then the stick was taken out of her brain she was able to regenerate.
                            Last edited by Patient101; 10-03-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
                              Claire power is in her brain, they said that about everyone, so u could probably kill her if you exploded her brain off

Comment

Originally posted by Merfish
                                Claire power is in her brain, they said that about everyone, so u could probably kill her if you exploded her brain off
                                Ohhhhhhhhh. That makes sense, then, how Sylar could have killed her back in Season 1 and she wouldn't heal. That was something I was wondering. So, if her brain is killed, then she dies? I like that idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎