Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legend of Zelda Series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that was already hinted in the first art they showed where Link wore no sword at all.

Comment

Got Skyward Sword for Christmas and it took me almost a whole week to beat. Awesome game!

Comment

jesssss!!!

I have it too but dont have time to play it yet

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
          Got Skyward Sword for Christmas and it took me almost a whole week to beat. Awesome game!
          I got it as well. My first Zelda game but i suck at flying so i am sorta stuck!

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
            I got it as well. My first Zelda game but i suck at flying so i am sorta stuck!
            The trick is to twist the Wii Remote like a fooseball grip. Just twist to manuever.

Comment

The trick is to twist the Wii Remote like a fooseball grip. Just twist to manuever.
              I tried..i still can't get enough altitude to chase after the dang statue/prize. All i get for my effort is an extremely sore wrist. But I'll try it again maybe tomorrow and let you know if i manage it this time. Lol..

Plus i am not sure i've played fooseball..hahaha

Comment

So I just discovered........Nintendo has made their Zelda timeline official and released it in Japan. While there are some things I don't like about it, I think it's way better than some of the fan theories to be found.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

What I don't like about it, is how they say that the "hero" failed in the LttP backstory. If anything, I always just thought this was the timeline if Link never went back to the past in the end of OoT.
                Last edited by super_j_man; 01-29-2012, 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm not very happy with the timeline. My problem with it is that all the games from "the hero is defeated" could easily be put at the end of the child timeline and make sense. I don't see the point of making a third split. However, I do like where they put Minish Cap, since I always thought it came before OoT.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOnox
                    I'm not very happy with the timeline. My problem with it is that all the games from "the hero is defeated" could easily be put at the end of the child timeline and make sense. I don't see the point of making a third split. However, I do like where they put Minish Cap, since I always thought it came before OoT.
                    Sorry but I have to disagree here. Initially I thought Twilight Princess might bridge Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past but it kinda failed in that aspect. TP ended with Ganondorf dying, the triforce still split and no Imprisoning War (backstory to ALttP) all things which conflict with ALttP.

Trying to make a third timeline fit into everything does seem really off, but what I like about is that it keeps the theme of 3 in the series (triforce, 3 spiritual stones, 3 provinces in SS). So even though making it fit is wierd, I do see why it's helpful and handy.

TBH, I have always thought of the Four Swords Trilogy (MC, FS, FSA) as a seperate series, even though it can be fitted into the timeline.

Comment

Yeah, the one thing I like about the three splits is the theme of 3.

Comment

It could be argued that FSA is the backstory to ALttP but that would get on my nerves though since OoT was ALWAYS supposed to be the prequel to ALttP. I hate how that keep changing around prequels and sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                          I tried..i still can't get enough altitude to chase after the dang statue/prize. All i get for my effort is an extremely sore wrist. But I'll try it again maybe tomorrow and let you know if i manage it this time. Lol..

Plus i am not sure i've played fooseball..hahaha
                          Jenny, have you had much success yet?

Comment

Jenny, have you had much success yet?
                            No.. I just got well enough to handle playing it. Now i am waiting for a chance..lol

Comment

I have had this game for about 3 months and still haven't played it. I've been catching up with a whole bunch of ps3 games so I probably won't even get to it until the fall. no joke. mainly cuz i don't have too much time nowadays to play.

Comment

Just finished playing Skyward Sword, took me 5 nights and got 100% completion. The controls were the only thing that gave me headaches and wrist aches. there's a point after that statue chasing game at the start where zelda presents you the sail glide thing and you have to jump off the goddess statue and land in the middle of a circle using the sail. that took me about 10 tries. you jump and skydive and aim over the circle then once your near you pull out the sail and land on it. It was painful. later there's a game where you can win a piece of heart. the dodoh game, i think that's what it's called. You get shot out of a cannon and then you come skydiving back down and you have to go through 5 rings that rotate below you. there's also dodoh balls (that's what they're called) that you have to avoid hitting and then when you land you have to try and hit the rotating platform, but on a good color that represents rupees. if you go through all five rings, avoid hitting the balls and then land on the multi colored 50 point spot you get 500 rupies and the heart piece. that took be forever and ever to accomplish. i got so used to the control that i was able to go through all the rings but landing on the 50 point spot was hard. a problem i had with the control was this it would get uncentered. Nintendo realized this would happen of course and they added that center button on the control. but that sort of thing should never happen in a game. shame shame nintendo.

another game you can play for a heart piece that took me forever was the rollercoaster game located in the shipyard. you have to tilt the controller to get link to rush the cart faster without making it fly off the tracks. if you get to the end under one minute and 5 seconds you get the heart piece.

the problem I had with the game was the lack of different enemies. they were the same enemies or incarnation in all the locations. Plus the bosses were very easy. I kept thinking to myself that I have played the zelda games way too much that they can't make a boss that I can't beat. it's the same thing. attack them, hit, back way, attack, hit, back away, repeat until boss goes down allowing you some time to attack repeatedly. Boss gets back up and you have to repeat that two more times. If it's a major boss, you do this same thing, but at a certain point the boss changes his attack or form. then there's the bosses that are so obvious where you can easily point out it's weak spots. take out these parts allowing you to attack the boss for a short time and then repeat two more times.

Gharahim was easy in all his battles. I simply would point my sword at him and move it around. He detects the angle you will slash at him but if you can somehow trick the game from picking up which direction you're coming from you'll hit him. I would do a circular move and then do a vertical strike and hit him. in one battle he comes slashing directly at you, I found that if you time it right you can hit him and stun him as he comes at you. this allows you to get more hits on him. if he grabs your sword just swing the wiimote upwards and he lets go. in the last battle, the easiest way to get him is to swing your sword side to side so you can knock him off the platform and then jump down towards him and use the finishing move. again repeat and all. finally at the end they give you a familiar battle where he sends energy at you and you have to deflect it back, stun him and attack. repeat several times.

the abomination was too simply, especially after Groose joins into the fight in the 2nd battle and third battle. you have to fight this guy several times in the game and eventually his true form, Demise (the earliest incarnation of Ganon's evil?). even Demise was simple. sword swing from right, left, right and you would hit him. you can get an extra hit but after you do hit him it's best to jump back and away from his strike. then repeat. the final part you and demise can charge up your swords and cast the lightning beams at each other. if you hit him, he gets stunned, then you can strike. Repeat until he goes down and you can do your finishing move which he'll avoid. This you also have to repeat over. But still.

it had one of those endings where you weren't sure if it had ended or not. it would fade to black and then another scene. then fade to black, credits, then more scenes of Zelda's part of the story that we only heard about during the game. then fade to black and then another scene. It doesn't really end until you actually see the words "The End". Once your done you can go on another adventure called "Hero mode". this allows you to play the game again with everything you've acquired in the previous game. but you won't find hearts from pots, plants or enemies you defeat. you need to carry around potions this time around. the enemies also deliver stronger attacks. But once you get to the point where you finally forge the master sword again in the game, your sword will instantly charge up when you hold it up. Charging up the sword during boss battles makes defeating them go by quickly.

I found that out during the gauntlet game I played trying to get the Hylean shield from that dragon guy in the desert. after you heal him he will allow you to go through a gauntlet of the bosses you've already faced. if you beat 4 bosses you can quit and earn a piece of heart. I recommend doing that. then healing up again, if needed, and going through the gauntlet again and defeat 8 bosses to earn the hylean shield which requires no upgrades and takes no damage.
                                Last edited by hellnback; 05-24-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎