No announcement yet.

Pretty bad.. even for a premiere...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
    You pretty much just said you liked every part of the premiere but the new character sand Matt + Mohinder. That's pretty much most of the premiere. :P
    You're right, now that I think about it lol. Watching it live, I thought the episode was mediocore but since it looks like I enjoyed the entire episode, it wasn't so bad.

No Micah and Niki either so that was a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
      i got bored by the directionless of it. Last season there was always an end goal- in the premiere it was peter jumping and there was a cliffhanger- this time i felt nothing spectatular happened besides an hour of talking. Oh and peter was topless-highlight of a mediore eppie
      Well it was directionless because the characters themselves are trying to find themselves again. Hayden said that the first season was ordinary people finding out they are extraordinary and the second season is extraordinary people trying to act ordinary.

I think they did a good job with the episode. Sure it left us with questions but if we knew everything then why would we bother to continue watching the show?

And if you recall - in the first season they didn't have a plan of what was going on and it was a little chaos too with the characters until they found their purpose and then they pushed towards the common goal.

I'm looking forward to where this season will take the characters

And yeah - I also don't think that Maya's power has anything to do with oxygen and I think her power is more based on her feeling safe or scared. If she feels scared or threatened then her power goes off - hence her brother is the buffer and keeps her calm and keeps the power in check.

Got to love how Hiro reacted to Kensei... I mean he's a drunk british guy who doesn't care about anything but his next drink. Hiro has got to step up.

And I agree....we didn't need a detailed soaked recap of what happened during those four months - some detail is good but too much and it takes away from the focus of what's important. And what's important is what is going on with them right now......

That being said - i really do hope they answer more questions about the Nine and the backstory about Peter and his captors - which I'm sure they will

Comment

Re: Re: Pretty bad.. even for a premiere...

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
        I gotta disagree, I really liked the season premere. As a whole, tt wasn't "intense" but really, it wasn't meant to be, just by the title "Four Months Later" alone it's blatenly obvious that's what it's going to be. The characters are in various states and are just trying to peice their lives together and move on after Peter going BOOM over NYC.

Thankfully, we had a time jump and didn't have to suffer through 5 or six episodes of Matt's recoup and divorce, the whole legalities of Matt and Mo becoming Molly's guardians, Nathan emoing about Peter being gone and becoming a drunk and driving his family away, blah, blah, blah. That would have been some BORING CRAP. Thank god for the time jump. We got the gist of things already without having to suffer through every small detail. Besides yo, this is HEROES not SMALLVILLE, they'll fill us in on what happened in that time gap eventually!

Don't get me wrong though, I don't think that ep was slow or boring. It wasn't what I'd call "intense" but it certianly had intense moments in between either sweet, sad, scary, and sometimes even yes, FUNNY. That's the staple of a good Heroes ep and this one certianly was.

The Hiro and Kensei bits were hilarous. Kensei is dry because he's ENGLISH and a drunk one at that. He's a stranger in a strange land, and simply doesn't give a flying "you know what". Hiro is going to have to teach and mentor this dude in what it means to be a Hero and he clearly isn't going to make it easy. THAT'S what makes him interesting! And if you actually have to ask what makes Kensei a pivotal character, then you really need to rewatch season one and pay attention to ANYTHING THAT PERTAINS TO HIRO. Everything that dude does is because of Kensei, if it weren't for him and those stories of him, we'd never get FutureHiro all "Save the Cheerleader. Save the World." and therefore, wouldn't have a show at all really.

Aww. I gotta disagree about Molly! She's adorable! The girl just clicks and she seems to have major chemistry with everyone. But that's just my opinion.

The whole thing with the company and "the nine" was in a way present in season one. Pa Petrelli being freinds with Linderman, his mysterious death, Linderman basically being in charge of the company, Ma Petrelli and Charles Devouix being in cahoots with Linderman and his crazy@ss "let NYC explode" plot, Kaito CLEARLY working for the company back in the ep "Company Man" when he oh so conviently gave baby Claire (Ma Petrelli's grandaughter) to HRG for safe keeping... Any of this ringing a bell? See? It's not just some random thing they threw together at the last minute. They do that crap on Lost, not our Heroes baby!

the character that killed hiros dad.. obviously a lenchmen of the VIRUS that mohinder spoke of in the very beginning... this almight evill is in retrospect a virus.. but i digress.. the character that killed hiros dad.. that was a pretty nice way to kill someone... but what.. he has healing powers too? pfft...

Huh? Can you restate? I don't understand.

I have no idea what Maya's power is but whatever it is causes blackish gunk to ooze from her victims and I don't think that happens from oxygen deprevation. Is there a spoiler that says that one of the new characters is suspose to be able to suck the oxygen from the room? I'm not really up on the spoiler gossip. The only time I remember hearing about that power was from the ep "Five Years Gone" when some little kid did that by accident in his classroom. Never the less, it still seems strange that that could be her power since she doesn't seem to be able to control it. It seems to be that she's kind of like a carrier to a disease, only the disease is her power and that's why it doesn't hurt her and why her brother who seems to have a power to The Haitian, can BLOCK that power. But that's just spec.

Eh, I kind of find Claire boring overall. I guess at the grand ole age of 25, high school is clearly behind me and I can't identify with "the kids" anymore. Most of the time they just seem really silly and overly emotional about stupid crap.... but I do remember feeling the same when *I* was in high school, lol. So she can't be a cheerleader, big freaking deal! Ugh, there is more important things in the world!!! Like... where's Peter and how soon can we get him nekkid?

*spaces off*
        *droolz*

What?! Oh! Right. CLAIRE. I did like the emotional stuff with her and HRG though, that was sweet and her calling Nathan was nice too. Then of course, there's that dinner scene, now I thought that pure comedy GOLD but I guess I weird like that, lol.
        i know all about kensei.. i was speaking in the sense of the newly introduced kensei... i wasnt exactly amused by the hiro and kensei duo which leads me to assume that hiro will become kensei?

as for the talk of the virus.. i sorta trailed off.. mo speaks of a virus in the very beginning.. pretty much laying the foundation of the season.. a virus.. a plague.. i believe the virus or plague is the boogyman that molly is fearing.. leader of the nine?

and then i just went into talkin about the lenchman that killed hiros dad.. i guess he doesnt have healing powers.. thats just what i assumed.. that was a pretty cool.. yet quick.. scene.

Comment

Thought the episode was good. What got me really interested, is the guy that molly keeps seeing and hearing in her dreams, gonna be very interesting to see who this is and if he is part of the Nine. Really enjoyed the new characters and David Anders was hilarious.
          For me this episode reminded me a lot of the premier of the first season and by that i mean you are just thrown in to the story and after a while you get more into it. I felt the episode got better towards the end and had a really good ending. So hopefully they can keep it going for the next 22 or so episodes

Comment

well.. apparently i have lightened up my opinion...

friends have told me they heard/read that kring wanted the 2nd season to start off in a sense that you didnt need to catch season 1... that sheds some light onto everything in my opinion and from what i remember of the episode.. that approach makes more sense for season 2 premiere.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎