Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Virus - Real or Fake?/What does Mohinder mean they're all infected?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Virus - Real or Fake?/What does Mohinder mean they're all infected?

Ok, in the first season he said that the special people weren't like a disease... at least that is what he said in Unexpected when he was talking to Sylar. And then towards the end there was all the talk of his sister and how Mohinder could cure her disease etc and he cured Molly.

So now they're saying ALL of the super powered people are in danger? That screams the Legacy Virus to me .... I really hope they expand on it more.

I was also wondering if that was just something Mohinder exagerated in order to get the Company to take notice?

The Virus - Real or Fake?

Mohinder was giving a lecture about a virus that could wipe out the population with special abilities. However, near the end of the episode he told Noah that The Company took the bait. So is the virus real and he was just using his lectures to lure him? Or is the virus fake and just a part of how he was trying to lure them in?

At first I thought the virus was going to be a part of this season's major arc, but now I'm not sure based on what happened if it was anything more than Mohinder's lie to lure The Company by giving lectures on a fake virus.

Comment

Well it couldn't be fake. If Mohinder got the job based on his virus lectures. Then he's got to show proof of the virus's exsistence sooner or later. Cause the Company must be at a standstill and know of the virus, but can't get any futher in their research or they wouldn't be after Mohinder's help. So I say real.

Comment

Hmm, good point. There's an awful lot going on this season in that case.

Comment

I am betting it is a ruse, the infection he is demonstrating is the one his sister and Molly had to convince the Company it is real.
          He has to show something to get on the lecture circuit.

Comment

I'm kind of with STFanatic, I immediately thought he must be faking once he called Noah and told him they bought it and he's in. But it would be cool if the whole Virus angle gets to play out in some way anyway. It'd be an interesting season-long arc to go along with the other arcs they've started.

Comment

Scaring the company that there is a "plague" out there that fould destroy them if Mo' can't find a cure is definately something that would be a good scare tatic to smoke them out. Especially since the company does know that there is some sort of virus out there that seems to infect and kill them. I don't think it's contagious or anything though, I think it's more like "cancer" at effects random peeps for random reasons.

Comment

i think the virus is maya

Comment

I think the virus is the dude that the little kid can see in her dreams....

Some guy that kill Hiro's father?

Comment

I think that the virus is real. Mohinder's convo w/ Noah seemed to me more like "the bait" was Mo himself, and that he really does want to cure the virus and take down the Company at the same time.

Comment

Well ya, Mo wants to cure the sickness that plagues the "evolved humans" but that doesn't mean that it's acutually a "virus" that can be caught and passed on to other "evolved humans". That bit was probably just an exaggeration on his part in order to draw out the company.

Originally posted by angeloo
                      i think the virus is maya
                      That'd be cool. That reminds me of what they did on the 4400 with that one guy who's power was spread Promician like the plague and he had no control of it at all. Promician is a drug that looks like Re-Animator juice (with the same actor that played the doctor in the Re-Animator as the creater no less, lol) that when peeps take it, they have 50/50 shot of gaining some kind of a special ability or they die. The poor Promician spreader guy basically killed have of Seatle in just a few hours but the other half now have abilities.... next season should be interesting.

Anyways, Maya probably sends out some bastardized version of the sickness that kills the evolved humans but in her case, it even effects the "normal" humans as well. Or it could be a virus that ONLY effects "normal" humans, kind of natures way of trying to balance the books and give the "evolved" humans a better chance at survival.

Comment

I was thinking Maya might be some kind of virus too, like the guy from The 4400, but it doesn't make sense unless she's come into contact with Shanti, Molly, etc. From what I gathered this is the Wonder Twins first trip out of Mexico.

Comment

Answers:

Go to http://blog.nbc.com/heroes/ and click on the Live Blog with Jack Coleman and Tim Kring. There you will find out that the virus is indeed real, or at least it is real enough to play a major role:

The Virus

Tim: Look for the virus to play a major role in this particular volume. It becomes something that's quite dangerous to every single character.

Comment

It would be so simple if the virus was a person - but I'm thinking more like the virus is sorta real but maybe not what they think it is. Natural selection for some of the special people but not for them all?

Besides, Mohinder's sister and Molly both were infected and they weren't in contact with Maya or the big bad guy so how would they infect just those two people without infecting more?

And - Mohinder cured Molly - so is he the cure then? No one knows that he cured Molly besides HRG and Parkman.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎