No announcement yet.

Jaime Sommers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaime Sommers

She was born in 1983 in Van Horne, Iowa, to Ethan and Madeline Sommers (both political activists). Jaime's parents traveled quite a bit for their causes, so it wasn't unusual for them to be away for days or weeks at a time. In his travels, her Father would always bring back photographs for Jaime, which influenced Jaime's love for photography at an early age. In 1992, Jaime's sister, Becca Sommers, was born.

Jaime attended the local public school, in Van Horne, where she was very popular among the students and faculty.
    She was a very active student and the forward on the school's field hockey team. She also contributed to and edited the school literary magazine, and was also on the debate squad, & photography club.
    Since political activism didn't always pay the bills, Jaime helped contribute to the family by babysitting, delivering newspapers, and pulling double-duty as a waitress/ hostess at a local family restaurant.

While in high school, her Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Jaime quit most of her extracurricular activities to help care for her mom. Her grades started to suffer, but in 2001, she graduated in the top 7% of her class. When Madeline's condition took a turn for the worse, Jaime put college on hold, to be there for her mother. She kept on working, but became more and more involved as her Mother's caregiver.
    Madeline Sommers lost her courageous fight with cancer, in 2004. Almost immediately, Jaime left for the west coast, leaving her 12 year old sister Becca behind. When she arrived in San Francisco, Jaime quickly found herself a small apartment and a job tending bar. Since she had saved up a little money while taking care of her mother, she was able to enroll in the psychology program at the nearby college. This is where she met Dr. Will Anthros (an esteemed Bioethics professor), whom she would eventually start dating.

In 2006, Jaime's Dad & her sister came out for a visit. Little did Jaime know that there were problems at home, and her father would leave the unruly teen in her care. Jaime once again dropped out of college. Only this time, it was to give Becca a good home, and the guidance she desparately needed.
    Last edited by Randy G.; 09-03-2007, 02:05 PM.

Awesome! You must be a Bionic Woman expert, Randy G. I watched the new show. It seems pretty good. I've never seen the old one, though. I don't know much about the characters or the history. You've been very informing.

Jaime seems really cool. I've always been fascinated with women heroes. I'm a big fan of Buffy, Alice (Resident Evil), Starbuck, Selene (Underworld), and Veronica Mars. Bionic Woman is definitely a show I could grow to love!

Comment

The actress who's playing bionic woman is incredibly beautiful! Where do they find these people???

Comment

In Michelle Ryan's case England of all places.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎